Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
PrinceOfTheOcean

Tips for Ryujo?

2 comments in this topic

Members
92 posts
1,030 battles

The sequel (:D) to the "Tips for Hosho" subtopic.

So I got Ryujo today and grinded her out, getting my torpedo bombers and dive bombers to the upgraded ones. I pulled off a 70k damage game with only torpedo bombers, but I wasted several minutes struggling with Attack Aircraft and Dive Bombers. So I was wondering about you lot, who probably have more experience playing this game than I could ever dream of, to help me with my aim for those squadrons. Here's the problem in detail:

I just suck generally at attack aircraft; it's why I struggle with USN CVs... I have trouble estimating the lead for all ships with rockets and even if I do get it right I second guess myself, turn, throw off the targeting circle. I've only been able to hit BBs and CVs with rockets, and usually those are non penetrations. I usually avoid the attack aircraft, opting for Torpedo Bombers first, and if I screwed those up, the AP dive bombers.

With the Dive Bombers, I was fairly good in the Hosho, and I've been decent in the Ryujo, but there's a lot of room for improvement. In the 70k damage game, I dropped on a Montecuccoli 4 times and missed all of my bombs; in the Hosho I was able to hit cruisers with citadels. Whenever I pull off a run coming in from the back and have everything lined up and still missing, I blame it on RNG... Which is a lot of the time... I then go back to using Torpedo Bombers :). So is there any tips that I should know when AP Dive bombing??

Members
92 posts
1,030 battles

Also, with Yuro's video I noticed that the aiming cone of the torpedo bombers was a lot thinner than mine; like his cone was the same of the Hosho's torpedo bombers; mine is closer to the American TBD Devestator's cone. Has the cone got nerfed, or do I just not have a skill? 

Sign in to follow this