You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
BrushWolf

That is Enough PvP for Tonight

10 comments in this topic

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
26,420 posts
14,165 battles

Third match, second loss and how the one win happened is a mystery. All three had beyond stupid play, ignoring caps, going off to lord knows where leaving the team short in key locations, AAARRRGGGHHH!!!

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[TBW]
Members
10,283 posts
17,482 battles

Directives really make the game kind of stupid, well I suppose it's not the game, it makes the developers look like idiots for promoting crappy play and enraging the population into quitting play their game. Lean ladder on branch, cut branch close to trunk. That's what I think of when I imagine the people that make these directives, that ruin the fun of their own game.

[INTEL]
Members
13,054 posts
36,011 battles
1 hour ago, BrushWolf said:

Third match, second loss and how the one win happened is a mystery. All three had beyond stupid play, ignoring caps, going off to lord knows where leaving the team short in key locations, AAARRRGGGHHH!!

Totally feel you. Haven't played Randoms since my last match with the 45% overall Midway player, 45K average damage on my team was ranged against a purple CV on RD. It's just not fun to know you've lost when the MM drops, and the game play is just awful.

• Boring 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
26,420 posts
14,165 battles
Just now, Taichunger said:

Totally feel you. Haven't played Randoms since my last match with the 45% overall Midway player, 45K average damage on my team was ranged against a purple CV on RD. It's just not fun to know you've lost when the MM drops, and the game play is just awful.

I play them in the mid tiers for my own ships, the test ships are whatever tier they are and in random, which is usually not bad but this was excessive.

[INTEL]
Members
13,054 posts
36,011 battles
19 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

I play them in the mid tiers for my own ships, the test ships are whatever tier they are and in random, which is usually not bad but this was excessive.

I did have some fun games at T5....

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
26,420 posts
14,165 battles
2 hours ago, Taichunger said:

I did have some fun games at T5....

I was in tier 5.

[ARGSY]
Members
20,068 posts
14,307 battles

It happens in co-op too. I had a battle last night in which I started north of A cap in Fault Line, in a Gaede, with a Perth and an Omaha next to me. I charged full-on into the cap with the Omaha right behind, and together we shot the bots down for the cap then either sank or severely damaged two battleships that came up behind them. The Omaha player was outstanding. He used my smoke properly when I dropped it for him, backed me up in resetting and taking the cap, and then held his ground to try to burn down the battleships I'd torpedoed (the game ended before he could sink them both).

The Perth? He reversed course immediately the game started and went to hide behind our battleships in their rear centre spawn. My nine-year-old daughter can play better than that.

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu

[SYN]
Members
1,233 posts
10,320 battles
58 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

He reversed course immediately

The only way to do well in coop(in CA/CL or DD) is to charge in and try to get the bots to not target you while you daka daka.  Sometimes it fails, but not too often.

[ARGSY]
Members
20,068 posts
14,307 battles
15 minutes ago, Ensign_Pulver_2016 said:

The only way to do well in coop(in CA/CL or DD) is to charge in and try to get the bots to not target you while you daka daka.  Sometimes it fails, but not too often.

You don't need to tell ME that! :Smile_veryhappy:

[WOLFG]
Members
28,991 posts
8,240 battles
18 hours ago, Sovereigndawg said:

Directives really make the game kind of stupid, well I suppose it's not the game, it makes the developers look like idiots for promoting crappy play and enraging the population into quitting play their game. Lean ladder on branch, cut branch close to trunk. That's what I think of when I imagine the people that make these directives, that ruin the fun of their own game.

I dunno, I get that the devs should probably anticipate players being asshats, but I can't help but draw a parallel to the whole "WG shouldn't balance the game for the lowest common denominator" thing.

Ultimately, it's we that are the idiots, because we take something that's supposed to be fun for everyone, and ruin it with our own selfish agendas.

I mean, when was the last time you heard somebody say, "ok, due to the way my life works, I can probably only get the free shiny by playing in a manner that will stress me out, and potentially ruin the fun of others, so I'll just skip the shiny"?

I like these directives and such, because I get free stuff just for playing as normal. If I do decide to pick up the pace for something I want, I still play as normal, I just use a ship that gives me a chance to more quickly complete the task. 

Edited by Skpstr