Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
WES_HoundDog

When is WG going to fix shells falling short?

44 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

3,953
[TBW]
Members
10,290 posts
17,484 battles
6 minutes ago, RagingxMarmoset said:

They said they looked into it and it’s not real. 

It's real, they might want to look with their eyes open next time.

  • Cool 7
  • Funny 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,011
[RLGN]
Members
14,313 posts
25,257 battles
12 minutes ago, RagingxMarmoset said:

They said they looked into it and it’s not real. 

 

5 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

It's real, they might want to look with their eyes open next time.

 

5 minutes ago, Mego_Splat said:

so i guess the answer is never since they are choosing denial? lol

Inability to replicate doesn’t make it any less real.

When shells fall short, so you aim beyond the target to compensate, and they STILL fall short, there’s something wrong.

  • Cool 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,127
Members
6,860 posts
15,357 battles
2 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

 

 

Inability to replicate doesn’t make it any less real.

When shells fall short, so you aim beyond the target to compensate, and they STILL fall short, there’s something wrong.

Aiming superstructure with Atlanta and all the shells fall short... Yep, totally not a thing. Tell us another one WG

  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
71 posts
105 battles

I remember reading a post from WoT where they complained about the same thing - near point blank range and shells fall short somehow !

The conclusion was that it was some form of WG hidden adjustment - where your not suppose to win this one but you are ; and so some mechanism has to step and rebalance via your shots.

I have experienced the same thing - a CL at broadside, easy target at short range and some how all your shells magically fall in the water ??

Just saying its real

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,605
[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
4,586 posts
15,730 battles

Of all the ships I have played in my port. The one that is most difficult for me or in a way seems like a optical illusion is my Murmansk with a spotted plane view. I don't know what it is but shooting in spotter plane view, the shells look like they are going to overshoot  the target then right as they are about to fly over it. It appears they do a hard 90 degree angle straight down. So, what causes that I have no idea. It is just a adjustment when shooting at distance with the spotter plane for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,846
[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
26,431 posts
14,165 battles

This is just unfriendly deviation with all of them falling short. It is no different than having them all go long or the most frustrating of all bracketing.

  • Cool 1
  • Boring 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
672
[--O--]
Members
931 posts

Komrade:

We looked in to your complaint, we found no problem when testing Russian ships all working as intended. So we did not bother testing other ships perhaps you need glasses or play our beloved russian navy ships...  Oh sorry we checked you account Komrade and find you did not pay us for Payarico so continue on nothing to see here move along.... That seems to be the feeling I get more and more with them.

  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,922
[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
14,118 posts
19,213 battles
1 hour ago, WES_HoundDog said:

yeah that ^^^^^

EXACTLY 1 second after you learn to aim and fire correctly every single time. RNGeezus either loves you or he don't!  

1 hour ago, Dano07_ said:

The conclusion was that it was some form of WG hidden adjustment - where your not suppose to win this one but you are

Something commonly referred to as the TIN-FOIL HAT CONCLUSION.

  • Boring 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
578
[WOLF5]
[WOLF5]
Members
868 posts
2,737 battles

They said the targetting bug wasn't real at the time too.  Forgive me if I don't trust WG with this one.

The amount of times I have slung a full BB salvo into the water at least a KM lower then the lowest point of the dispersion ellipse beggars belief.  It's always been at close but not quite point blank range, say 3-5 km, so yes, it's a damn annoying and very much real problem.

Edited by Snarky_Wombat
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
554
[BS]
Members
1,979 posts
10,811 battles

I've seen it too. LOL. The lockon targetting bug was probably the reason why everyone thought the Missouri was stealth nerfed. 50% bigger dispersion, yup.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,488
[A-I-M]
Members
3,048 posts
13,308 battles
3 hours ago, Capt_Ahab1776 said:

Of all the ships I have played in my port. The one that is most difficult for me or in a way seems like a optical illusion is my Murmansk with a spotted plane view. I don't know what it is but shooting in spotter plane view, the shells look like they are going to overshoot  the target then right as they are about to fly over it. It appears they do a hard 90 degree angle straight down. So, what causes that I have no idea. It is just a adjustment when shooting at distance with the spotter plane for me.

That’s a real effect of the perspective from which you watch with the spotter plane, also coupled with the fact that the shells lose velocity continuously, which results in a more vertical final trajectory near the target, than the shells left the barrels.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
500
[KILL]
Members
948 posts
10,978 battles
On 3/17/2020 at 7:07 PM, RagingxMarmoset said:

They said they looked into it and it’s not real. 

Spoiler

WsRiJgS.jpg

Spoiler

SOMibBB.jpg

Spoiler

ZIHbMu6.jpg

Spoiler

2deDCZX.jpg

 As you can see , he is facing me pretty sharply even though he looks pretty broadside.   So basically any shells that fall to the right of my shot is going to cross that big haunking ship. But nope, like they hit a wall they drop short, even the ones that look like they dropped right into the ship.  If Wging response is really what you said it just shows how incompetent they are.  But we already knew that.

Edited by WES_HoundDog
  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,698
[SALVO]
Members
4,472 posts
3,825 battles

I had some weird issues too while shooting SAP, I thought it was a ping issue or something like that but not sure, my ping is usually very stable. First I miscalculated a shot and fired too short, like 500 mts short, it should have been a full miss but I landed 6/8, minutes latter I lined a perfect almost point blank shot (4-5 km) and the salvo just went through the ship, no damage, nothing, it was a ghost ship I guess. Or maybe SAP is filled with spaghetti and is just strange.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,032
[BNKR]
Members
1,625 posts
2,516 battles
17 minutes ago, WES_HoundDog said:
  Reveal hidden contents

WsRiJgS.jpg

  Reveal hidden contents

SOMibBB.jpg

  Reveal hidden contents

ZIHbMu6.jpg

  Reveal hidden contents

2deDCZX.jpg

 As you can see , he is facing me pretty sharply even though he looks pretty broadside.   So basically any shells that fall to the right of my shot is going to cross that big haunking fing ship. But nope, like they hit a wall they drop short, even the ones that look like they dropped right into the ship.  If Wging response is really what you said it just shows how incompetent they are.  But we already knew that.

Oh I’m with you. Just relaying that their official position is that everything is fine. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
402
Members
925 posts
5,110 battles

Much rather they fix the stupid shell render issues.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,922
[KSC]
Clan Supertest Coordinator
5,127 posts
7,992 battles

My guess is it's an issue with the camera rather than actual dispersion....which would explain why WG isn't able to replicate the bug in tests.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
295
[SNGNS]
Members
491 posts
6,042 battles

to me it sounds like a bit of server disconnect. your aim is on point, the server says no. but thats only my guess

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
5 posts
2,965 battles
On 3/17/2020 at 7:36 PM, Mustangrde1 said:

Komrade:

We looked in to your complaint, we found no problem when testing Russian ships all working as intended. So we did not bother testing other ships perhaps you need glasses or play our beloved russian navy ships...  Oh sorry we checked you account Komrade and find you did not pay us for Payarico so continue on nothing to see here move along.... That seems to be the feeling I get more and more with them.

So Good :Smile_great:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
195
[RANGR]
Members
311 posts
3,990 battles

Not to mention shells frequently passing thourgh ships or completely overshooting, seen it too many times, water splashes right in the middle of the deck

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8,276
[PVE]
Members
11,854 posts
24,547 battles
9 hours ago, yashma said:

My guess is it's an issue with the camera rather than actual dispersion....which would explain why WG isn't able to replicate the bug in tests.  

If I am not mistaken I believe this bug (and yes it is real and a problem WG it is not in our imaginations) came around AFTER WG "improved" the aiming reticule. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×