Col_Nasty

I forgot to look around and got tunnel vision so....

6 comments in this topic

[WOLF3]
Members
27,106 posts
23,865 battles

Smoke is great but I learned early on, if one isn't careful in how it's used, it also becomes a torpedo magnet.  The chances of a ship sitting stationary inside there is too good of an opportunity to pass up.

[SPTR]
Members
27,148 posts
16,423 battles

the ability to not tunnel vision regularly will come around eventually, you'll learn it.

[SPARO]
[SPARO]
Members
95 posts
8,084 battles

I like to set my smoke screen then sit behind it if I have the option . 

[GOB]
Members
2,066 posts
19 minutes ago, Rolkatsuki said:

the ability to not tunnel vision regularly will come around eventually, you'll learn it.

I SOOO Know this..  I get the giggles every-time I catch someone asleep in their smoke too.  I just got too focused.  I had to laugh!

[WOLF3]
Members
27,106 posts
23,865 battles

Lost track how many times people have shown clips of them getting Double Strike with torpedoes.  They fire their torpedo spread into one smoke pattern and sometimes there's several ships in there.

I remember long ago playing Space Battles when it first came out, I was using Gearing (I was still on Fletcher at the time in the tech tree, so the event was a good way to fool around with her).  I noticed a small smoke pattern off in the distance with enemy smoke campers in there.  It had to be dropped from a Space Minotaur from all the quick firing AP shells, but there was a lot of other guns going off from in there, I thought there was maybe 3 ships in there.  I fired off my torps despite the range being long, it was close to Gearing's 16km torpedo range.

The torps were on the way but then an enemy Zao came around a nearby island at 8km away, in between me and the smoke target I fired at.  Zao spotted my torps and avoided all of them.  I wasn't upset that I didn't hit Zao, I was disappointed that he spotted the torps and they still needed to travel 8 or so more kilometers.  I expected the reds to see those torps and get out of the smoke.

What was funny was after what seemed like ages of me giving up on that salvo and focusing on getting away from Zao, I then got a bunch of torpedo hit, flood ribbons with Double Strike.  The guys in the smoke were so focused on spamming shells and so sure of their safety in smoke.  None of them paid attention to their surroundings despite their own Zao spotting those torpedoes way earlier.