Jump to content
Mono_De_Mantequilla

World of Tanks

20 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Members
926 posts
10,186 battles

Seems like WG really wants me to try out World of Tanks.  Just got a pop up in port telling me that if I play 15 battles in WoT (I do not have a WoT account) I will get 14 days of premium for both WoT and WoWS.  I could probably do that.  Anyone else get this message?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,666
[POP]
Beta Testers
4,716 posts
6,958 battles

you will play 2 battles and uninstall since WoT is more unbalanced,more prone to RNG shenanigans,worse economy and many other crap.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,832
[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
26,411 posts
14,163 battles

I got three of them the other day. One on log in and then one more after each of the first two matches. It can still be fun in the lower to mid tiers but I haven't been back for some time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
926 posts
10,186 battles

I have never tried world of tanks.  I have only heard all the horror stories from these forums.

image.thumb.png.c8cc70e45742d81bbbe5a2c1931d656a.png

 

15 battles for 14 days of WoWS premium?  Maybe I can just play some Tier 1?  They have protected matchmaking for new players there too, right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,972
[RLGN]
Members
14,265 posts
25,099 battles
1 minute ago, Mono_De_Mantequilla said:

I have never tried world of tanks.  I have only heard all the horror stories from these forums.

15 battles for 14 days of WoWS premium?  Maybe I can just play some Tier 1?  They have protected matchmaking for new players there too, right?

T1 is its own kind of hell.

Clubbers with fully trained crews and tanks with auto cannons run around peek-a-boom farming the noobs/fodder.

No protected MM I’m aware of unless something has changed.

I’ve had an account since 2016, and only have about 1,450 games total, because it’s not worth the grief and frustration.

Maybe 5? 10 games a year on my anniversary date, or during some brief moment of insanity, ever since 2017.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
943
[WOLF6]
Members
1,849 posts
5,553 battles

MM is better than it was with a recent patch. Still need to wait for 2.0 where hopefully the premium ammo nonsense will be fixed.

You need twitch reflexes to play well. Far more dynamic than WoWs.

Edited by Sumseaman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
174
[DBRIS]
Members
626 posts
11,105 battles
26 minutes ago, Mono_De_Mantequilla said:

Seems like WG really wants me to try out World of Tanks.  Just got a pop up in port telling me that if I play 15 battles in WoT (I do not have a WoT account) I will get 14 days of premium for both WoT and WoWS.  I could probably do that.  Anyone else get this message?

Yes, I'll lose my 15 battles just to collect Prem Time. I know nothing of WOT so it shouldn't be too difficult!

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
145
[PPFV]
[PPFV]
Members
341 posts
7 minutes ago, ItsSubmersible said:

Yes, I'll lose my 15 battles just to collect Prem Time. I know nothing of WOT so it shouldn't be too difficult!

A lot of it is surprisingly similar. Spotting range and concealment is king, angling your armor is how you avoid immediately exploding violently, different ammo types have different purposes... honestly, if you think of it as WoWS but on land, you'll do better than you expect. I mean, not well by any means, but better than the average potato.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,029
[IXM]
Members
1,060 posts

WoT was an amazingly fun game from closed beta until a few years after being released, 2010-2013 or so. Now it's a shadow of its former self and definitely not worth playing. I got the popup as well, I guess they're really desperate for players. No surprise there, really.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,095
[INTEL]
[INTEL]
Members
7,642 posts
34,862 battles

I have never played it. Never interested. Never installed since inception.

Now WG spams?

WG: I abhor spam. Please do not descend that ladder.

You want new players? Buy advertisements (I know you do). Never spam.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
240
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,063 posts

as said lower levels aren't too bad, 15 games pretty easy for nice 14 days of premium. and there's new account codes for free prem tanks too

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,941
[TBW]
Members
10,278 posts
17,457 battles
1 hour ago, Cruxdei said:

you will play 2 battles and uninstall since WoT is more unbalanced,more prone to RNG shenanigans,worse economy and many other crap.

This is quite true but It only took me about 30 seconds of 1 battle to figure out it was too late to even think about playing that game. Seal clubbers from the word go. 30 seconds and dead from something I didn't even see, all of that fun ended right then and I never tried to play Tanks again. Thanks but no Tanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,941
[TBW]
Members
10,278 posts
17,457 battles
1 hour ago, Mono_De_Mantequilla said:

15 battles for 14 days of WoWS premium?  Maybe I can just play some Tier 1?  They have protected matchmaking for new players there too, right?

It shouldn't take long to complete, read the above post.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,253
[SPTR]
Members
27,142 posts
16,360 battles

WoT NA central server's ping is really bad for me compared to WoWs NA server's one. The playerbase there is incredibly unhealthy on how they communicate with each other not as bad as LoL's playerbase but comes off worst compared to you guys here. some of them are very sensitive to friendly collisions and will shoot back at you despite the removal of team damage. the toxicity of combine with the aging longliverty of the playerbase and when they spill out suggestions pretty much assisted WG in damaging their flagship product. compared to ships, tanks leans more onto fastpace action, reflexes and reaction time than thinking and positioning. What age group fulfills that criteria? kids. what other fastpace games do these kids play? fortnite, cod, overwatch counterstrike and all that mainstream fps games then you look at their playerbase, bad.

this is in imo, apologies if you're offended in anyway by reading this, my intention wasn't to offend anyone but to vent out my bad experiences playing WoT when forum thread title just full on did a memory surge on my brain.

*rant over* 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9,186
[SALVO]
Members
24,776 posts
25,829 battles

I'm not sure why WG is so hot to try to grab players from one WG game to play another WG game.  It's not like it's going to generate any more revenue for them, on average.  Oh I suppose if you had some super whales who have very little left to buy in WoWS and have played very little WoT, those players might have the free income to buy more stuff from WG's premium shop.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
145
[PPFV]
[PPFV]
Members
341 posts
Just now, Crucis said:

I'm not sure why WG is so hot to try to grab players from one WG game to play another WG game.  It's not like it's going to generate any more revenue for them, on average.  Oh I suppose if you had some super whales who have very little left to buy in WoWS and have played very little WoT, those players might have the free income to buy more stuff from WG's premium shop.

 

I imagine the super whales are specifically the demographic they're targeting with this. In most F2P games, whales make up the bulk of the revenue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9,186
[SALVO]
Members
24,776 posts
25,829 battles
1 minute ago, Hermetica said:

I imagine the super whales are specifically the demographic they're targeting with this. In most F2P games, whales make up the bulk of the revenue.

You're probably right.  But for me, while there are prem tanks that might be interesting to me, I have little interest in returning to WoT after having played over 33k games.  I left WoT as soon as WoWS hit open beta and have never gone back, except to play a handful of games every month or so.  I just didn't like the direction that WoT was heading back then and continue to not like it (other than the beautiful HD maps).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
145
[PPFV]
[PPFV]
Members
341 posts
1 minute ago, Crucis said:

You're probably right.  But for me, while there are prem tanks that might be interesting to me, I have little interest in returning to WoT after having played over 33k games.  I left WoT as soon as WoWS hit open beta and have never gone back, except to play a handful of games every month or so.  I just didn't like the direction that WoT was heading back then and continue to not like it (other than the beautiful HD maps).

As someone who started playing right at launch, I completely agree. I still have a few fully kitted out premium tanks that I take out for a spin once in a while, but otherwise I really have no interest these days.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
174
[DBRIS]
Members
626 posts
11,105 battles

I finished downloading and am running thru the bootcamp now. Will see how it goes.

15 games done, didn't achieve squat, Got 1 shot killed within 5 minutes every game, wasn't familiar enough with the maps, all around useless to team. BUT, I got the 14 days of Premium Time!

I REALLY suk at WOT!

Screenshot (72).png

Edited by ItsSubmersible

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×