Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Admiral_Hippo

Team harassment

22 comments in this topic

[COMRD]
Members
89 posts
4,602 battles

Why do some players find it amusing to harass their own team? Shooting torps from behind etc. Kind of childish I think. That's all :)

• Cool 1
  • Boring 3

[PVE]
Members
4,279 posts
18,695 battles

That is simple:  because they can !  People play games to amuse themselves.....some people find it funny and entertaining to do all of those things the rest of us find repulsive....

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
12,672 posts
9 minutes ago, Admiral_Hippo said:

Why do some players find it amusing to harass their own team? Shooting torps from behind etc. Kind of childish I think. That's all :)

I was in a match recently where I dodged a single aerial torpedo drop, then a cross-drop from a second CV, and then incoming ship torpedoes from two separate DDs, only to hear the torpedo warning sign go off again. I looked all around in the direction of the enemy but couldn't see any trails. Then "boom, boom, boom, boom, boom" -- I got plastered from the rear by an ally who was letting lose 10.5 km torpedoes at a battleship that was 22 km away.

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
4,604 posts
15,754 battles

We do it sometimes to each other in our clan. Had a member who kept popping me with a HE round or two, once a salvo from front two turrets as soon as the game started. It was funny at first then a little annoying. I was in  DD he was in a cruiser. I finally had enough and gave full broadside salvo and broke his torpedo tubes on port side. He stopped doing it after that.

Picking on each other is hilarious as long as it's acceptable. I wouldn't recommend it all the time because it does start handicapping your team right off the bat. It can give away ship positions if done later in the game with gun bloom.

[BBMOD]
Members
348 posts
5,767 battles

Had a Wooster repeatedly shoot at my Khaba last night while I was also taking fire from the reds. No idea why. Guess he just thought it was funny?

[WOLFG]
Members
29,146 posts
8,353 battles
42 minutes ago, Admiral_Hippo said:

As far as shooting torps from behind, most don't find it amusing at all. Instead, they rage about "potatoes who turn into their torps" :Smile_teethhappy:

• Cool 1

[MEIST]
Members
1,505 posts
5,746 battles
36 minutes ago, Admiral_Hippo said:

You never know who is behind the keyboard!

source.gif.ceadd8bb46f9e10e3228bcc054b64f70.gif

[KAPPA]
Members
3,110 posts
8,239 battles
24 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

I was in a match recently where I dodged a single aerial torpedo drop, then a cross-drop from a second CV, and then incoming ship torpedoes from two separate DDs, only to hear the torpedo warning sign go off again. I looked all around in the direction of the enemy but couldn't see any trails. Then "boom, boom, boom, boom, boom" -- I got plastered from the rear by an ally who was letting lose 10.5 km torpedoes at a battleship that was 22 km away.

Ahh, yes. The calling card of someone that doesn't try to understand the mechanics at all and possibly never will... Seriously, I can see getting a kilometer short on a guess, or forgetting they're deep water, but when you launch from that kind of range, you don't even have the excuse that you forgot which DD you were in. Even Asashio or Shima would struggle at those ranges...

Outside of T2 or so, where it is likely a new player that for some reason didn't read the stats of their ship and for whatever reason assumes friendly fire isn't a thing, I just assume that we're effectively down a man or so. As, quite frankly, if they try that stuff, they're likely gonna be doing it all match.

[MEIST]
Members
1,505 posts
5,746 battles
Just now, Skpstr said:

As far as shooting torps from behind, most don't find it amusing at all. Instead, they rage about "potatoes who turn into their torps" :Smile_teethhappy:

Had that happen a couple times. Blamed me for greifing them one time. :Smile_facepalm:

[KAPPA]
Members
3,110 posts
8,239 battles
1 minute ago, jager_geist said:

You never know who is behind the keyboard!

source.gif.ceadd8bb46f9e10e3228bcc054b64f70.gif

Here we see a teamkiller in his natural habitat moments before he makes a display of dominance when his torpedoes hit an ally. He only has a 4km range and the enemy was 15km off, but he doesn't know this, and so he beats his chest and blames it on his "fellow" scrublords.

• Funny 3

[WOLFG]
Members
29,146 posts
8,353 battles
33 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

Yup, I want to say 95% of the times I've been torped by friendlies, it's in a DD, smoke on CD, 3 ships shooting at me, and then I get sunk and yelled at by the firer (who is always either in an IJN or KM CA) for "turning into his torps", when I was the only thing he could possibly have hit....

[WG]
Administrator, Developers, Community Department, WG Staff, In AlfaTesters
3,554 posts
13,914 battles
50 minutes ago, Admiral_Hippo said:

Aloha,

Potato's gonna potato?

It happens, in the instance of trolling or grieving though, if someone is doing it through an entire match, submit the replay with a ticket and write up in the "Game Violations" category and those people will get time outs till they learn their lesson, or eventually permanently go away.

But PLEASE don't troll or grief them back (not saying you're doing this, its more for the group at large).

Mahalo,

-Hapa

[KAPPA]
Members
3,110 posts
8,239 battles
4 minutes ago, neptunes_wrath said:

v4OFSTu.gif

Exactly! Don't be a gibbon or whatever that was, be a pro gamer like him!

[IRNBN]
Members
3,410 posts
9,839 battles
59 minutes ago, Admiral_Hippo said:

Every MMO I've ever played had it's share of griefers. There's some kind of personality flaw that I'm sure a mental health professional could describe better than me.

Like Hapa_Fodder says, in really egregious cases submit a replay.

Members
75 posts
5,590 battles
15 minutes ago, Shoggoth_pinup said:

Ahh, yes. The calling card of someone that doesn't try to understand the mechanics at all and possibly never will... Seriously, I can see getting a kilometer short on a guess, or forgetting they're deep water, but when you launch from that kind of range, you don't even have the excuse that you forgot which DD you were in. Even Asashio or Shima would struggle at those ranges...

Outside of T2 or so, where it is likely a new player that for some reason didn't read the stats of their ship and for whatever reason assumes friendly fire isn't a thing, I just assume that we're effectively down a man or so. As, quite frankly, if they try that stuff, they're likely gonna be doing it all match.

Yeah I mean I've had the idiot ball moment of forgetting I'm in the gnevny with its 4km torps instead of the gaede with its 8km ones and launched torps down the throat of an approaching ship only to watch embaressed as they peter out long before reaching the target. But that is something else entirely. Seen it a lot though myself and can't always explain why the sharnhorst thinks his torps have 12km range, or the omaha thinks it can torp something from the back line but it is what it is.

• Cool 1

[KAPPA]
Members
3,110 posts
8,239 battles
7 minutes ago, Darlith said:

Yeah I mean I've had the idiot ball moment of forgetting I'm in the gnevny with its 4km torps instead of the gaede with its 8km ones and launched torps down the throat of an approaching ship only to watch embaressed as they peter out long before reaching the target. But that is something else entirely. Seen it a lot though myself and can't always explain why the sharnhorst thinks his torps have 12km range, or the omaha thinks it can torp something from the back line but it is what it is.

Pretty sure we all have made that mistake. Part of why I don't abuse deep water torps as much as I could. If you get used to firing torps under allies, well... yeah, that won't go well when you slip up in the wrong ship.

Edited by Shoggoth_pinup

[TARK]
Members
640 posts
1 hour ago, Asym_KS said:

That is simple:  because they can !  People play games to amuse themselves.....some people find it funny and entertaining to do all of those things the rest of us find repulsive....

Holy crap... the first person I've ever seen on the forums who actually GETS that.

To answer the OP... its because [they] can.  And somehow [their] KRAMMUH just keeps going up too....

Edited by Eckarbeiter
  • Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
6,210 posts
22,432 battles
14 hours ago, Admiral_Hippo said:

You weren't ahead of me when I fired them...you speed boosted ahead of me & ran into them...it's not my fault :Smile_trollface:

[TDRB]
Members
5,142 posts
13,741 battles
15 hours ago, Admiral_Hippo said:

I see this in ops where there is no friendly fire. Recently I've seen this in coops. I'm not sure what they are thinking.

[TORCH]
Members
594 posts
14,854 battles

I was in a coop match yesterday (trying to finish up the directive), and had what ended up being a rather funny friendly fire experience.  I needed torpedo hits, so I was taking my cruiser way more close and personal with enemy ships than I normally would.  I'm closing on an enemy BB.  All of a sudden, my torpedo alert starts screaming.  I'm looking all over in the direction of the enemy, trying to figure out where they're coming from, then - boom, boom, boom - THREE torps hit me from behind.  WTH? A couple seconds later, one of our DD drivers starts apologizing profusely for torping me.  Since he was obviously sorry, I calmed down and kept closing on that BB.  Got up close...maybe 5 klicks...turned...perfect solution.  Fired my torps, and couple seconds later, some one else killed the BB.  Darn, wasted those torps.  I headed off towards the next enemy ship.  Maybe 6 or 7 seconds later, I get the dread "disciplinary penalty" for damaging an ally message, and turn pink.  I look and see that apparently that DD that torp'd me ran into one of MY torps.  We both survived the match, and we both turned pink.  It being coop, we won in spite of our missteps.  When I thought about it, LATER, it was kinda funny. 

[COMRD]
Members
89 posts
4,602 battles

Cpt Khaos, don't know where u were but it wasn't u. It was cpt Stern and he fired forward  and backward. Then proceeded to cut me off several times.

Just a putz that's all.

Sign in to follow this