Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Pulicat

Why Carriers Still Aren't Balanced, also brag

23 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

3,685
[O7]
Members
5,361 posts
11,868 battles

lQE95mD.png

Coming to a Clan Battle season near you!

  • Cool 4
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,685
[O7]
Members
5,361 posts
11,868 battles
2 minutes ago, Ban_CV_Complainers said:

Breaking News: UNICUM PLAYER OUTPUTS UNICUM RESULTS

super* unicum thank you.

and yeah, every other season I rank out it's in the mid to high 90 battles. 71 games, definitely the player and not the ship choice, you're right.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,590
Members
6,621 posts
20,657 battles
5 minutes ago, Ban_CV_Complainers said:

Breaking News: UNICUM PLAYER OUTPUTS UNICUM RESULTS

Ah....I've passed the torch... A Padawan to fight the unicorns!.....It is exhausting friend, trust me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,590
Members
6,621 posts
20,657 battles
11 minutes ago, Pulicat said:

lQE95mD.png

Coming to a Clan Battle season near you!

I faced you yesterday in one game, was surprised to see you, knew it was going to be tough. I think I had 4 of TNG's epic drop synchronized team on my team  (Have like 17 screenshots of different games with at least 3 of them per game) and A CV that hit reverse...

I wish at times I didn't know who was good or bad, it might make some games more enjoyable or at least hopeful.

Grats, and keep up the fight against the great oppressor from above!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,453
[WOLFG]
Members
29,075 posts
8,322 battles
31 minutes ago, TheLastRollOfToiletPaper said:

You mean players didn't just dodge? 

Why bother? He's not even sinking 4 ships per battle, or breaking 300k damage.

skreb......:Smile_trollface:

(love the new nick BTW lol)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,128
[S0L0]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
4,458 posts
6,514 battles
34 minutes ago, Pulicat said:

lQE95mD.png

Coming to a Clan Battle season near you!

Carriers on the red side of 79% those matches seemed to have been balanced just fine?   Point not found..................

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,913
[NH]
Members
1,769 posts
5 minutes ago, iRA6E said:

Carriers on the red side of 79% those matches seemed to have been balanced just fine?   Point not found..................

yep people always seem to act like there's only carriers on one side of the match.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,453
[WOLFG]
Members
29,075 posts
8,322 battles
29 minutes ago, Pulicat said:

definitely the player and not the ship choice, you're right.

It makes me wonder.

 If that's the case, and I'm pulling 58%, 122k damage, and 1.1 frags per game in Hindy, compared to my dismal performance in Randoms, how bad are typical Ranked players, compared to their Random counterparts? :Smile_teethhappy:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,453
[WOLFG]
Members
29,075 posts
8,322 battles
2 minutes ago, Ban_CV_Complainers said:

yep people always seem to act like there's only carriers on one side of the match.

To be fair, I've had 3 Ranked games with CVs, and that was effectively the case in 2 of them lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,685
[O7]
Members
5,361 posts
11,868 battles
24 minutes ago, iRA6E said:

Carriers on the red side of 79% those matches seemed to have been balanced just fine?   Point not found..................

Did you know that every OP ship that has ever existed in this game has had people dumpstering themselves in and making it look balanced?

That winrate is achieved by more than just damage. It's knowing what to damage, and what to spot and when. And when put in the hands of someone capable, it is an oppressive ship to the enemy team. That is why I ranked out so much earlier in a cv than any other season and ship i've played in a ranked season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,128
[S0L0]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
4,458 posts
6,514 battles
4 minutes ago, Pulicat said:

Did you know that every OP ship that has ever existed in this game has had people dumpstering themselves in and making it look balanced?

That winrate is achieved by more than just damage. It's knowing what to damage, and what to spot and when. And when put in the hands of someone capable, it is an oppressive ship to the enemy team. That is why I ranked out so much earlier in a cv than any other season and ship i've played in a ranked season.

OK.. I'll concede...  In 79% of your ranked matches  the CV on the enemy team was UP.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,685
[O7]
Members
5,361 posts
11,868 battles
15 minutes ago, iRA6E said:

OK.. I'll concede...  In 79% of your ranked matches  the CV on the enemy team was UP.   

The enemy carrier really has nothing to do with it. Seasons i've ranked out are consistently in the 90's of battles that it takes. Suddenly the only season I play carrier is also the only season i've effortlessly ranked out in 71 games, and your argument is to bring up the opponent cv? No, there aren't many people who could equal me and nullify my effect (plenty do exist regardless), but that has been true in every recent season. Normally 95ish battles, and suddenly cut 25 games off of that because I play carrier (500 total cv games played by the way, not even a carrier main)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
989
[RKLES]
Members
807 posts
27 minutes ago, Pulicat said:

The enemy carrier really has nothing to do with it. Seasons i've ranked out are consistently in the 90's of battles that it takes. Suddenly the only season I play carrier is also the only season i've effortlessly ranked out in 71 games, and your argument is to bring up the opponent cv? No, there aren't many people who could equal me and nullify my effect (plenty do exist regardless), but that has been true in every recent season. Normally 95ish battles, and suddenly cut 25 games off of that because I play carrier (500 total cv games played by the way, not even a carrier main)

That is why we need to balance CV players in ranked and all battles. When the discrepancy in skill is too large you get numbers like this.

You just presented the perfect proof that CV's are overpowered when not subjected to selective MM.

Thank you.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
987
[A-I-M]
Members
3,013 posts
22,098 battles
31 minutes ago, Pulicat said:

The enemy carrier really has nothing to do with it. Seasons i've ranked out are consistently in the 90's of battles that it takes. Suddenly the only season I play carrier is also the only season i've effortlessly ranked out in 71 games, and your argument is to bring up the opponent cv? No, there aren't many people who could equal me and nullify my effect (plenty do exist regardless), but that has been true in every recent season. Normally 95ish battles, and suddenly cut 25 games off of that because I play carrier (500 total cv games played by the way, not even a carrier main)

Several CV super unicums have been making the OP point exhaustively in the forums recently. 

WG micronerfed CVs in the most recent patch. Meh. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
627
[POP]
Members
1,084 posts
9,395 battles
9 minutes ago, Learux said:

That is why we need to balance CV players in ranked and all battles. When the discrepancy in skill is too large you get numbers like this.

You just presented the perfect proof that CV's are overpowered when not subjected to selective MM.

Thank you.

 

 

Imagine a game where CV's AND divisions were forced to be balanced by skill based MM.  I doubt you would find many CV captain's opposed to this, I wonder how the unicum surface ship divisions would feel about it?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9,732
[INTEL]
Members
13,069 posts
36,066 battles
1 hour ago, Ban_CV_Complainers said:

yep people always seem to act like there's only carriers on one side of the match.

 That's the problem. Whoever faced him called down a much better carrier on their own team,  as well as cost their team the match.

 Loading into a match knowing it is lost and then losing it while being attacked by a mechanic for which there's no real counter... How anyone could think that is fun is beyond me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,913
[NH]
Members
1,769 posts
10 minutes ago, Taichunger said:

 That's the problem. Whoever faced him called down a much better carrier on their own team,  as well as cost their team the match.

 Loading into a match knowing it is lost and then losing it while being attacked by a mechanic for which there's no real counter... How anyone could think that is fun is beyond me.

We don't know if the CV was the deciding factor. It's very possible the surface ships steamrolled many times. It's not to say this guy didn't influence the matches but it's never just one single factor that causes a team stomp.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
989
[RKLES]
Members
807 posts
24 minutes ago, Ban_CV_Complainers said:

We don't know if the CV was the deciding factor. It's very possible the surface ships steamrolled many times. It's not to say this guy didn't influence the matches but it's never just one single factor that causes a team stomp.

You are right it, in the majority of small scale encounters the team that loses a ship first will lose the match.

Add knowing where to spot and analyze threats it is pretty obvious what is the deciding factor.

To back it all up is him ranking out in a very low number of matches, how much more proof do you need?

Edited by Learux

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9,732
[INTEL]
Members
13,069 posts
36,066 battles
27 minutes ago, Ban_CV_Complainers said:

We don't know if the CV was the deciding factor. It's very possible the surface ships steamrolled many times. It's not to say this guy didn't influence the matches but it's never just one single factor that causes a team stomp.

O come on. If he had a 54% WR that might be a defensible position. It is obvious, though, with a 79% WR.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
449
[NMKJT]
Members
2,680 posts
7,496 battles
40 minutes ago, Ban_CV_Complainers said:

We don't know if the CV was the deciding factor. It's very possible the surface ships steamrolled many times. It's not to say this guy didn't influence the matches but it's never just one single factor that causes a team stomp.

He shaved about 20 games off of his average to rank out, that shows his influence was outsize in a CV even for his skill level.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×