Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
turbo07

[PSA] 0.9.2 Fix for a memory leak when using an in-game browser

18 comments in this topic

Community Department
3,314 posts
1,300 battles

Commanders!

After 0.9.2 Update some of you may have a problem with a memory leak when using an in-game browser.
We've already prepared a general fix for this issue and will include it in the next version Update.

If you don’t experience the described problems, you do not need to install this correction.

If you want to apply this fix now, you should follow this step-by-step guide:
1. Close the game.
2. Download the archive Install_patсh_fix_for_0.9.2.zip
3. Unzip the archive (the «Install_patсh_fix_for_0.9.2» folder) to your WoWs game root folder (the one containing /bin32 /bin64 /screenshot and other subfolders).
4. Go to the unzipped «Install_patсh_fix_for_0.9.2» folder.
5. Launch the file «apply-patch.bat»
6. Apply changes by typing the number «1» to the window that appears, and press «Enter».
7. Launch the game as usual.

If this fix doesn't help, please, post to the forum in the corresponding topic or reach out to Customer Support.
If you come across any new issues that appear after you apply this fix, you can roll back changes by launching «apply-patсh.bat» again, choosing option «2», pressing «Enter» and then relaunching the game client.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

• Cool 3

Community Department
3,314 posts
1,300 battles
6 hours ago, Atomicbarracuda said:

Does this work on the steam version? if so how do you install it then?

You need to copy folder "Install_patch_fix_for_0.9.2" with the fix to this folder (\Steam\steamapps\common\World of Warships\bin\2316552)
Then same points starting with 4th.

• Cool 1

[S0L0]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
4,443 posts
6,495 battles

Damn - glad I found this...     Been causing me a ton of issues.    I'll see if this helps tonight.   

[IROCZ]
[IROCZ]
Banned
301 posts
20,419 battles

im old guy, not tech  savvy, I can wait till the fix, not going  into  comp  directives, my luck I will black out my computer, thanks for the  update when it goes live

also just found out how to make my home page look cool !!  I got a sexy pic,  RIGHT  !!

[S0L0]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
4,443 posts
6,495 battles

Applied "fix" but did not solve issue.... downloaded, extracted to desktop...moved file to root directory and applied fix, entered "1" when prompted.  after realizing it didn't work tried reinstalling hot-fix and command showed "update applied".   game is fine, but any attempt to access external link from port UI sets off massive memory leak  - clan pages, naval battles, news feed.    Hot patch please!!!  

• Cool 2

[PLDN]
Members
270 posts

Your going to need to make a video explaining what you said there because its not working as you said and your description where not clear. for example your saying the root folder ? is the root folder the main folder? some of us are not computer literate. When i attempted to install it in the main folder another file  suddenly popped up and then i saw the apply patch option but in another file. i  then hit  the 1 and it says no files. so maybe a video for us not computer savvy folk. 

update tried again and it says i installed the files? but when i first tried it says could not find the files?

Edited by Ocoda

Members
2,848 posts
36,608 battles

Topper: "Hot Patches Part Meh coming in Hot."

Tower: "Are you going to make it, Topper?"

Topper: "I don't know. I will give it a go. There goes the graphics card. Now the other one is smoked. Lost the backup drive. Monitor is getting hot 🔥. Motherboard just cracked. C drive is melting but I was able to apply the patch."

Tower: "Did it work, Topper."

Topper: "Negative, negative, crash, crash, BSOD, BSOD, Tango Uniform, Alpha Mike Foxtrot, PC is DOA. IAF confirmed."

Tower: "PC RESCUE ONE, Topper is down, Topper is down."

Topper: "My precious D drive has paid the ultimate price. I lost my precious... Photos..yeah, photos. My collection is gone. Feels sad."

WG: "Ooofff, that had to hurt."

PC RESCUE ONE: "PR OMG! Topper confirmed down. He looks like a Kremlin Citadeled his PC. Oh the humanity, the devastation, that PC had a horrible end. We got Topper, but he is inconsolable. He may be in shock. Get medics ready when we get back. It could be fatal, his PC is out of warranty. "

And so yet another successful manual patch is applied.

WG: (Facepalms) "Wow, just, wow. Okay, we work on hot patch. Coming soonTM."

[QC_1_]
Members
58 posts
12,215 battles

Can possibly fix this freeze stuff??? Seriously it sux, all the time the first 3 or 4 battles I receive a freeze and I need some times wait like 2 minutes so it backs to normal... Some times I need to reset the computer cause that.. And this is a problem that comes with the game.. No other game doit.. I have sendit reports about this... I'm serusly [edited]tired of that behavior... Please do something... 

[-K_P-]
Members
409 posts
3,445 battles
On 3/27/2020 at 11:48 PM, todo_free said:

Can possibly fix this freeze stuff??? Seriously it sux, all the time the first 3 or 4 battles I receive a freeze and I need some times wait like 2 minutes so it backs to normal... Some times I need to reset the computer cause that.. And this is a problem that comes with the game.. No other game doit.. I have sendit reports about this... I'm serusly [edited]tired of that behavior... Please do something... 

I also got a freeze last night, about 30 seconds into the 3rd battle of the night.  Screen froze and continued to play a continuous loop of engine noise.  Had to reboot, as I couldn't get task manager up to kill the program.  Glad to hear I'm not the only one experiencing this problem.

• Cool 1

[SC]
Members
7 posts
4,632 battles
On 3/30/2020 at 10:51 AM, Crij said:

I also got a freeze last night, about 30 seconds into the 3rd battle of the night.  Screen froze and continued to play a continuous loop of engine noise.  Had to reboot, as I couldn't get task manager up to kill the program.  Glad to hear I'm not the only one experiencing this problem.

I realize this response is 6+ months late, but I keep experiencing freezes as described above. Computer won't let me get into Task Manager, Alt-Tab out, or much of anything. About the only cure is the computer restart. I've run diagnostics several times and the PC has zero reported problems.

Is this still a problem for people?

[WORX]
Members
10,631 posts
18,539 battles
6 minutes ago, Stormyblade said:

I realize this response is 6+ months late, but I keep experiencing freezes as described above. Computer won't let me get into Task Manager, Alt-Tab out, or much of anything. About the only cure is the computer restart. I've run diagnostics several times and the PC has zero reported problems.

Sounds like, your PC is struggling to do the basic task...  I hate to recommend a Ram upgrade, but in your case... I think its what it needs to handle the load.

[-K_P-]
Members
409 posts
3,445 battles
On 10/4/2020 at 3:44 AM, Stormyblade said:

Only had it happen the one day (Patch Day), so either the computer had to recompiling something and hiccuped or the virus checker decided to scan something.

[SC]
Members
7 posts
4,632 battles
On 10/4/2020 at 12:53 AM, Navalpride33 said:

Sounds like, your PC is struggling to do the basic task...  I hate to recommend a Ram upgrade, but in your case... I think its what it needs to handle the load.

I've got 16GB of RAM - I don't think that's the issue. And, as I said, I've run several iterations of System Mechanic to try to find any hardware problems and nothing is reporting as even questionable.

Also, when I say I can't Alt-Tab or use Task Manager to get out, I can...but it takes a few minutes for the command to actually "take". It's far quicker to just restart the PC and try to hop back into the match I was in.

[WORX]
Members
10,631 posts
18,539 battles
4 minutes ago, Stormyblade said:

I've got 16GB of RAM - I don't think that's the issue. And, as I said, I've run several iterations of System Mechanic to try to find any hardware problems and nothing is reporting as even questionable.

Also, when I say I can't Alt-Tab or use Task Manager to get out, I can...but it takes a few minutes for the command to actually "take". It's far quicker to just restart the PC and try to hop back into the match I was in.

Check your resources... Something is not running right and I dont think its WG or game related...

Its evident there is a performance issue... Since I am not there, I can't be certain

[SC]
Members
7 posts
4,632 battles
22 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

Check your resources... Something is not running right and I dont think its WG or game related...

Its evident there is a performance issue... Since I am not there, I can't be certain

Thanks, I appreciate the advice. Thing is, I don't add new software that often so I can't think of what resource might be trying to bog down my system.

I know it's been running fine up until a couple months ago. I know I'd like to upgrade my system with a new CPU, RAM, and motherboard...maybe it's time to pull that trigger.

[WORX]
Members
10,631 posts
18,539 battles
1 minute ago, Stormyblade said:

Thanks, I appreciate the advice. Thing is, I don't add new software that often so I can't think of what resource might be trying to bog down my system.

I know it's been running fine up until a couple months ago. I know I'd like to upgrade my system with a new CPU, RAM, and motherboard...maybe it's time to pull that trigger.

I might add. RAM wise you're good... But in other components not so much... I does look like a performance issue... Or a misplaced or badly installed hardware.

Sign in to follow this