Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
dimzzy

Abruzzi and IFHE

5 comments in this topic

[-1]
Members
680 posts
9,900 battles

I've made peace with the idea that Abruzzi will need a dedicated captain. The question is if IFHE is still a good idea on this ship and what is the best build now in general. I've installed turret traverse mod so I can skip expert marksman I guess. IFHE seems like a good idea on 152mm guns but the problem is that now Abruzzi often sees tier 9 ships so I think fire chance is a better option. So far my build looks like this: https://wowsft.com/ship?index=PISC507&modules=11111&upgrades=421300&commander=PCW001&skills=2153955331&ar=100&consumables=2232

Any suggestions?

[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
4,740 posts
21,484 battles

I continue to run IFHE on Abruzzi whose captain also commands Duca D'Aosta. I generally use Abruzzi in Narai so the IFHE is fantastic there. My captain skills are PT EM AR BoS, VIG, IFHE and CE. When I do play randoms she is seldom facing all T9's and there are still enough targets for the 31mm of pen in IFHE to have an impact. Only the BB really require careful aim to hit the vulnerable superstructure. Vigilance is for hunting down aggressive DD.

• Cool 2

[TIGRB]
Members
309 posts
1,253 battles

I re did my Captain on the Abruzzi because of the change to IHFE. I played her this morning and with her new fire starting specs I got 8 fires on enemy ships. With two torpedo hits and 1 kill I scored over 65,000. I know 1 game is not enough to give good feedback but she felt good to me.:fish_cute_2:

Edited by HeidiAngel
  • Cool 1

[FGNE]
Members
959 posts
4,568 battles

I continue to use IFHE on Abruzzi/Aosta and can echo Khafni’s experience.

• Cool 1

[VCRUZ]
Members
4,049 posts
9,180 battles

T7 light cruisers got f***** by IFHE rework. You want IFHE to pen same and lower tier BBs, and some high tier crusiers, but if you do that you are f*** against T8/9 BBs. There is no good option to T7 crusiers. Abruzzi just got nerfed even harder, the fire chance is low and the AP is a s**t. 

My Abruzzi is just going to stay in port for now, but i would probably use IFHE, alpha dmg is still better than fire RNG. 

Edited by Xlap
  • Cool 1

Sign in to follow this