Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Col_Nasty

Mod station update. No high fps allowed?

15 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

2,484
[GOB]
Members
2,066 posts

Tried it three times.  I can only pick 30 or 60 fps now.  300 fps is no longer an option. NOTHING over 60 is.  They are greyed out.   I sure hope his isn't a new thing because  having to waste my hardware and monitors on a 60fps max is a deal breaker. 

Uninstalled and reinstalled mod-station 3 times.  No luck.

Everything was fine until last update.  Hard to believe this is one that lags.. it has always worked the day after a patch.

Anyone else seeing this?

Col Out

  • Funny 1
  • Boring 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,414
[CYNIC]
Members
2,638 posts
6,217 battles

My nvidia driver locks it to 99 fps so  I don't have to run vsync with gsync -- what's your monitors highest refresh? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
578
[WOLF5]
[WOLF5]
Members
868 posts
2,737 battles

What the hell do you want with 300fps?  Drop it down a few hundred and save yourself the power bill, that and the space heater.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5
[MLC]
Members
29 posts
8,920 battles

From MatroseFuchs

Update modifications for client version 0.9.2.0

  • Modifications of the FPS restriction (120 and 350) are temporarily disabled until the causes and bugs of the telegraph ship are clarified and eliminated.

Update modifications occurs when you start ModStation and does not require reinstallation of the program, just run the program and, if necessary, apply the update previously installed modifications of the game

Regards

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,930
[WOLF9]
Privateers
13,811 posts
4,631 battles

The FPS Limiter was bugged.  The fix has been released in Alain's latest; it's probably in the Modstation now too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,484
[GOB]
Members
2,066 posts
2 hours ago, Snarky_Wombat said:

What the hell do you want with 300fps?  Drop it down a few hundred and save yourself the power bill, that and the space heater.

Simple answer is because I can and I like it.  You assume my gear is working hard and getting hot to do it.  You are incorrect.  Fyi I max out at 244 fps in 2 k  144 in 4k.    If you drive a Porsche do you only go 35mph? 

1 hour ago, iDuckman said:

The FPS Limiter was bugged.  The fix has been released in Alain's latest; it's probably in the Modstation now too.

Thank you .  I bet it is already fixed as I am answering you.

 

Thank you all for the input as always.

 

Col Out

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,459
[WOLFG]
Members
29,137 posts
8,353 battles

I wonder if that had something to do with my issue. First game after the update, I was locked to 30 FPS. 

Didn't think of the FPS limiter though. After 2 restarts, and reducing graphic quality, to no avail, I turned off VSync in the game settings, and right up to 75.

I had forgotten that I had VSync on, but I thought that it only capped at 60 FPS, not 30.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,459
[WOLFG]
Members
29,137 posts
8,353 battles
4 minutes ago, Col_Nasty said:

Fyi I max out at 244 fps in 2 k  144 in 4k. 

You play at 4k though I'm guessing?

I can get 50-55 FPS in 4k, (which is fine for me) but I have to run at 1440 when the fam is home.

Otherwise I have to turn the volume up too loud to drown out the GPU fans, and I get ceiling thumping from my wife trying to watch TV upstairs lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,484
[GOB]
Members
2,066 posts
9 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

You play at 4k though I'm guessing?

I can get 50-55 FPS in 4k, (which is fine for me) but I have to run at 1440 when the fam is home.

Otherwise I have to turn the volume up too loud to drown out the GPU fans, and I get ceiling thumping from my wife trying to watch TV upstairs lol.

Actually I use my 2k mostly with this game.  I have a triple set-up here. 2x 4ks 28s with a 32" 144 2k curved in the middle.  I like this on the bigger screen .  LOL about the wife though.   We have a saying for us fisherman that fits here too.  

"When I die hope my wife doesn't sell my gear for what I told her I paid or it !!!"

Col Out

Edited by Col_Nasty
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
578
[WOLF5]
[WOLF5]
Members
868 posts
2,737 battles
On 3/18/2020 at 2:15 AM, Col_Nasty said:

Simple answer is because I can and I like it.  You assume my gear is working hard and getting hot to do it.  You are incorrect.  Fyi I max out at 244 fps in 2 k  144 in 4k.    If you drive a Porsche do you only go 35mph?  

244@2K or 144@4K and your GPU doesn't get hot?  HAHAHA sure mate.  It's not like the game is a hugely switch based thing where milliseconds count so why consume more power and produce more heat?  If you want then go for it, it's just a strange thing to complain about.

If I drove the Porsche in question I would not unnecessarily waste fuel driving faster than I needed to.

Edited by Snarky_Wombat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,484
[GOB]
Members
2,066 posts
2 hours ago, Snarky_Wombat said:

244@2K or 144@4K and your GPU doesn't get hot?  HAHAHA sure mate.  It's not like the game is a hugely switch based thing where milliseconds count so why consume more power and produce more heat?  If you want then go for it, it's just a strange thing to complain about.

If I drove the Porsche in question I would not unnecessarily waste fuel driving faster than I needed to.

Seriously this is the absolutely strangest reply I have seen here in months.

 Mr. Snarky , You should have saved your attempt at snark... It kinda backfired.

They could fill volumes of books and websites with what you apparently do not know about enthusiast builds, water cooling systems and SOOOO much more.  you should do some reading. As for the Porsche comment.  Anyone who would buy one to drive it like a Prius has issues so deep it would take years of therapy to get to the bottom of it.

Strange thing to " Complain" about? 

Wow " Mate"  Do you still have a horse and buggy too?  

High end components generate BILLIONS in sales a year.  Good thing millions are  as silly as me or millions of people would be out of a job right?

Save the next attempt. This will not be a back and forth.  You simply need to go learn more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,258
[XBRTC]
Members
3,154 posts
10,065 battles
2 hours ago, Snarky_Wombat said:

244@2K or 144@4K and your GPU doesn't get hot?  HAHAHA sure mate.  It's not like the game is a hugely switch based thing where milliseconds count so why consume more power and produce more heat?  If you want then go for it, it's just a strange thing to complain about.

If I drove the Porsche in question I would not unnecessarily waste fuel driving faster than I needed to.


I run in 4K, and my GPU fan has never turned on once in the ~2.5 years that I’ve had it, except for the time I forced it to turn on with Afterburner to make sure it actually worked.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
578
[WOLF5]
[WOLF5]
Members
868 posts
2,737 battles
On 3/20/2020 at 5:20 PM, Col_Nasty said:

Seriously this is the absolutely strangest reply I have seen here in months.

Then you missed the point.  You do you I guess.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×