You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
jags_domain

Lets blame DD for this loss.

9 comments in this topic

[SOV]
Members
4,621 posts

No CV you cant blame them.  2 DD both of them run in to cap die and we are left with no spotting. With out cv there is no hard counter.

Yes I can hear it now....but CV planes whine DD so hard to play.

Bring it on DD players and yiur glam CV crowd its time to take some blame!

[O7]
Members
1,030 posts
4,419 battles

Good DD players complain about CV because it is legitimate and have no counterplay

Bad DD players complain about radar because they are too garbage to understand how to counterplay it

The worst DD players complain about everything, including matchmaking

• Cool 2
  • Boring 3

[SOV]
Members
4,621 posts
2 minutes ago, DolphinPrincess said:

Good DD players complain about CV because it is legitimate and have no counterplay

Bad DD players complain about radar because they are too garbage to understand how to counterplay it

The worst DD players complain about everything, including matchmaking

Lol true.

I would argue that there is no hard counter for DD except planes.

DD perma spot, unlimited torps, smoke.  They needed a hard counter.

• Cool 1

[WOLF5]
Supertester
4,127 posts
4,088 battles
7 minutes ago, jags_domain said:

Lol true.

I would argue that there is no hard counter for DD except planes.

DD perma spot, unlimited torps, smoke.  They needed a hard counter.

Radar. Rapid firing cruisers. Hydro. WASD. Try playing a DD, it's a lot harder than you realize.

[WOLF3]
Members
139 posts
13,111 battles
23 minutes ago, RyuuohD_NA said:

Bring back planes spotting torps then.

Please, no.  One good thing from the rework.  I don't mind CV games (rather not have them in a game, but if they are there, I try to make the best of it).  

[DDMAF]
Members
2,897 posts
16,263 battles
26 minutes ago, AJTP89 said:

Radar. Rapid firing cruisers. Hydro. WASD. Try playing a DD, it's a lot harder than you realize.

I reeeeeeeeally dislike @DolphinPrincess on a personal level, but, uhhhh, man, he's REAL good at playing DDs. Like, literally the best.

[TIRP]
Members
216 posts
11,892 battles

When I am in a BB....I can often take two minutes after match starts before I engage....mainly figuring out where I need to be position wise..where my DD/Cruisers are headed .keep an eye on where planes are going from the red CV...if I see a broadside cruiser at 20km..take a shot.

As a Cruiser.....I chose a general direction...based on the map...and note where others are going..particularly where the DDs are headed...either to help cover them from planes or to fire at what they spot.  Often it is a relaxing minute or so....

In a DD...from the time the match starts....I am dealing with ..where are the planes...how many radars am I facing...what are the other DDs on my team doing...what types of DDs am I facing.....all as I figure out where I can best spot....or challenge for a cap...and within 30 to 45 seconds of game start...my decisions begin to have an impact and play out for the team.

To me...destroyer play is by far the most challenging class to play with a myriad of things to know and react to almost instantly as the game progresses. It's a blast and I really do admire great destroyer play.  You have good DDs...you have a shot at winning.  If they hang behind the BBs consistently ...complaining about radar...I am learning to develop a farming plan...lol...we are doomed.

Also DDs get blamed for alot for a common sense reaction to radar ships in a good position.  Last week in my Somers in ranked...faced FOUR radars....and had a BB complaining that I wouldn't challenge the center mid game with a Moskva...Des Moines...Stalingrad all sitting near island towards the center.  Not much we could do but be patient...got the torps angles I could..and waited for our cruisers to flank them...which they did. We won...I took the center cap once the Moskva was sunk and the Stalingrad was retreating.....triggered the DM radar and wiggled a bit to get behind an island til it expired.  End of game....one downvote to karma...lol....guess who?

One CV matches I have no real issues...I can wiggle...use islands..hope my cruiser team mates help out.......part of the game. But TWO CV matches ....too easy for both CVs to gang up on a DD..particularly in the late game...but it is what it is.

As a DD captain...I am learning to suck it up....you play well....others often get the credit for the big hits/ships sunk.....you make a mistake or just get unlucky.....an Italian cruiser torp appears out of nowhere lol....the game loss is your fault. Shrugs...I just keep playin.

[TSG4B]
Volunteer Moderator
2,931 posts
15,419 battles

I am sorry BUT, please no direct pointing in "Blaming" anyone.

This post is now closed, it not constructive and will incite unrest.

regards,