You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Nytewyng

Can someone explain to me

5 comments in this topic

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
43 posts
23,277 battles

I'm currently grinding through the Swedish DD's to get the three crowns camo. I have two questions that need clarification.

1. Why does the Bot CV's when they're in game focus on one particular DD to ignore all others? I've seen this and when it happens every other bot within firing range focuses down on the single DD.

2. Why does Bots fire across the map in many cases on a target that isn't even firing at them when there are others around them pounding away on them?

I'm failing to understand the logic other than it's just the way the programing has been written. Kinda takes the joy out of playing a DD when this happens.

• Cool 1

[RLGN]
Members
16,172 posts
28,066 battles

1: Because that’s how their programming works. You have to vanish from their notice to get them to change, and even that doesn’t always work.

2: Because stupid programmed ‘priority’ target programming that emphasizes a low hp ship, usually a DD, or a premium ship, or a human player; running away and on the other side of the map; instead of something with lots of health, 5k away, and punching the bot in the face.

So; because WG’s ‘programming.’

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
28,323 posts
14,923 battles

The bots will focus the first ship they spot which most of the time is a DD but I have had them focus my Texas with hilarious results.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
43 posts
23,277 battles

Thanks for the replies, just trying to understand the game a bit better....:)

[FOXEH]
Banned
14,364 posts
20,818 battles
2 hours ago, Nytewyng said:

Why does the Bot CV's when they're in game focus on one particular DD to ignore all others? I've seen this and when it happens every other bot within firing range focuses down on the single DD.

They are programmed to eliminate the weakest, closest ship first (in that order), then move on to the next one.

Why does Bots fire across the map in many cases on a target that isn't even firing at them when there are others around them pounding away on them?

Same reason as above, they are programmed to focus that one ship until it's dead.

Kinda takes the joy out of playing a DD when this happens.

The game hates DDs; get used to it.