You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
wolfkind252

Teamwork Question

20 comments in this topic

[NEMO]
Members
711 posts
2,108 battles

Why does it seem like there's more teamwork in coop battles than random battles?

Members
6,858 posts
15,350 battles
6 minutes ago, wolfkind252 said:

Why does it seem like there's more teamwork in coop battles than random battles?

The question prior to your question is this: What is teamwork and team play? 

What you think is teamwork might actually not be teamwork to someone else. Teamwork to me means a lot of things. It might mean going and playing a flank all by myself to prevent the enemy from pushing a flank too fast. 

Edited by TheLastRollOfToiletPaper

[RLGN]
Members
14,303 posts
25,241 battles
25 minutes ago, wolfkind252 said:

Because if you don’t rush in with everyone else; (which is vaguely-kinda-sorta a form of teamwork/support,) you’re not even gonna have scraps left to pick over; that or your team derps and dies, and it’s you versus 6-8 bots...

[WOLFG]
Members
29,043 posts
8,295 battles
30 minutes ago, wolfkind252 said:

Because everybody is on the same page in Co-op. See a ship, kill it.

Randoms, there's more to it. Do you flank, push in, hold back? You'll have 4 players each thinking a different one of those is the right move. Or one player sees 3 going to do something dumb, and uses them as distractions to do something else.

• Cool 1

[NEMO]
Members
711 posts
2,108 battles

I always end up out in front with three enemy shops that pop up out of nowhere, luckily enough if I'm in a destroyer they are usually zoomed in on the battleship behind me and don't see me till I torp them and try to escape

while everybody else runs away from a battleship. the battleships are easy to sink, just go on the side the guns are aimed away from fire torpedoes and get out of the secondary fire as fast as you can

[TDRB]
Members
5,142 posts
13,741 battles
12 hours ago, wolfkind252 said:

I believe their is actually very little teamwork in coops. The point of a coop is to sink as many red ships as possible in the shortest amount of time. I was in a coop the other day where it took over 2 minutes to make contact with the bot team. The battle was over at the 5 min 30 sec mark.

My point is players must push to score in coops and they are actively seeking targets. I saved many fellow players in coops by sinking a bot ship but it was all for selfish reasons.

[WORX]
Members
10,648 posts
18,555 battles

Teamwork in Co-op ??? IMO more greed and people looking for the "easy" play exist in Co-op. 

Teamwork in WOWS is dead since 2018. Co-op is just the "Canadian" Polite version of the game while Randoms/Ranked Is the US version of WOWS.

Some like to stay in Canada, while others just like to visit... No matter what version of WOWS you partake, teamwork is non-existent.

Edited by Navalpride33
  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[SYN]
Members
1,233 posts
10,324 battles
12 hours ago, Skpstr said:

Because everybody is on the same page in Co-op. See a ship, kill it.

Randoms, there's more to it. Do you flank, push in, hold back? You'll have 4 players each thinking a different one of those is the right move. Or one player sees 3 going to do something dumb, and uses them as distractions to do something else. dumber.

FTFY

[WOLFG]
Members
29,043 posts
8,295 battles
5 minutes ago, Ensign_Pulver_2016 said:

FTFY

Lol true dat.

• Cool 1

[NEMO]
Members
711 posts
2,108 battles
5 hours ago, kgh52 said:

I believe their is actually very little teamwork in coops. The point of a coop is to sink as many red ships as possible in the shortest amount of time. I was in a coop the other day where it took over 2 minutes to make contact with the bot team. The battle was over at the 5 min 30 sec mark.

My point is players must push to score in coops and they are actively seeking targets. I saved many fellow players in coops by sinking a bot ship but it was all for selfish reasons.

That's why I usually stay in coop, people in there seem to be more orientated to sinking ships and helping you sink ships, random battles seem to be a follow the leader like world of tanks is 

• Cool 1

[WPORT]
Members
5,490 posts
10,518 battles

Co-op is a wonderful place to learn how to do maximum damage in the shortest amount of time.  The 'bots don't lack for courage.  :-)

I feel that co-op is less salty and there are fewer wannabe-armchair-admirals spamming the chat.

That said, operations are a nice change of pace and a good place to earn XP and credits.  

Random battles offer plenty of targets that kite away when their paint gets scratched or form into schools of fish swirling behind islands waiting for a shark to show up and say "Boo!".  ;-)
It is more of a sink 'em with a thousand cuts of shrapnel than sail close and clobber 'em environment.
It is easy to tell when random's players show up in co-op, because they get left behind while the usual patrons are in the midst of a feeding-frenzy.  :-)
The game is over before they get to their favorite island-camping HE-spamming position on the map.

Teamwork does happen in all game modes.  But I see it more frequently in co-op and operations.

[WOLFG]
Members
29,043 posts
8,295 battles
Just now, Wolfswetpaws said:

It is easy to tell when random's players show up in co-op, because they get left behind while the usual patrons are in the midst of a feeding-frenzy.  :-)
The game is over before they get to their favorite island-camping HE-spamming position on the map.

I never understood that, I always found it more effective to hide in plain sight, a kilometer behind whoever the bots are shooting at.

And if that happens to be me, then I scrub the aggro off on somebody else lol.

[WPORT]
Members
5,490 posts
10,518 battles
2 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

I never understood that, I always found it more effective to hide in plain sight, a kilometer behind whoever the bots are shooting at.

And if that happens to be me, then I scrub the aggro off on somebody else lol.

:Smile_teethhappy:

Members
215 posts
5,334 battles
18 hours ago, wolfkind252 said:

Coop is a joke since it's mostly to accomplish events missions or target practice for some. Most clan battle you see some teamplay but it tends to benefit the sharpshooters and exploiters until its canceled in random by the hated Cv's.
There is more teamplay when operating with a carrier in matches because it forces the players to group up and depend on some form of cooperation.
Some of the exploiters need and i would say depends on Cv''s to benefit in random games to perform well not that it matters but there is a synergie when Cv's are around.
People may hate planes but the bottom line we keep the chaos factor alive and well as long as the game does not become static and predictable.

[NEMO]
Members
711 posts
2,108 battles
1 hour ago, Skidmark_01 said:

Coop is a joke since it's mostly to accomplish events missions or target practice for some. Most clan battle you see some teamplay but it tends to benefit the sharpshooters and exploiters until its canceled in random by the hated Cv's.
There is more teamplay when operating with a carrier in matches because it forces the players to group up and depend on some form of cooperation.
Some of the exploiters need and i would say depends on Cv''s to benefit in random games to perform well not that it matters but there is a synergie when Cv's are around.
People may hate planes but the bottom line we keep the chaos factor alive and well as long as the game does not become static and predictable.

Coop is better than Random, I was in one random battle last night where I was the only one that didn't sit in a group all the way back at the edge of the battle area , in Coop everybody moves, nobody runs away and gets in a group at eh border hiding

[NEMO]
Members
711 posts
2,108 battles
1 hour ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

Co-op is a wonderful place to learn how to do maximum damage in the shortest amount of time.  The 'bots don't lack for courage.  :-)

I feel that co-op is less salty and there are fewer wannabe-armchair-admirals spamming the chat.

That said, operations are a nice change of pace and a good place to earn XP and credits.  

Random battles offer plenty of targets that kite away when their paint gets scratched or form into schools of fish swirling behind islands waiting for a shark to show up and say "Boo!".  ;-)
It is more of a sink 'em with a thousand cuts of shrapnel than sail close and clobber 'em environment.

Teamwork does happen in all game modes.  But I see it more frequently in co-op and operations.

I've played a few random battles, and I have yet to see teamwork, still hoping though. Maybe there'll be a random team that actually moves around shooting at the other team instead of each other before I'm married and have kids lmbo

• Funny 1

[WOLFG]
Members
29,043 posts
8,295 battles
1 hour ago, wolfkind252 said:

I've played a few random battles, and I have yet to see teamwork, still hoping though. Maybe there'll be a random team that actually moves around shooting at the other team instead of each other before I'm married and have kids lmbo

If you play this game mostly solo, you'll learn that "teamwork" usually consists of a teammate doing something really dumb, which causes an enemy to do something equally dumb in an effort to sink him.

At which point you take advantage of the situation to blap the enemy....

If you're lucky, you'll see a div playing decently, and you can support them.

Once in a blue moon, a "hive mind" mentality kicks in, and your team is like Nelson at Trafalgar, with barely any communication lol.

• Funny 1

[NEMO]
Members
711 posts
2,108 battles

How do I play the game Solo?

Every time I click battle there's always at least bots

[VOP]
Members
600 posts
18 minutes ago, wolfkind252 said:

How do I play the game Solo?

Every time I click battle there's always at least bots

Make a training room and populate with the opponents you want.  You won't get any xp or rewards though.