You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.

16 comments in this topic

[-BN-]
Members
13 posts
7,672 battles

Hi dear reader:

I'm volutionseba, a cat lover and a normal player of the NA server :D.  I got a question for u guys, and THERE'S NOT RIGHT OR WRONG ANSWERS, just arguments and different points of views:

It's gonna be a week since the last big update of european destroyers and I gotta admit I really like gunship destroyers, they fit almost every roll and fit my playstile too.:cap_rambo:

This it's where things get hard (or not) ... Småland ! :cap_horn:cause we're talking about 2 MILLION FREE EXP! that's the first problem. I'm about 200k of buying that ship, but I haven't played against the ship already. I dunno the opinions of his reload rate, modules, playstile, AA, etc. 

I've seen some videos on the internet but the problem is there's only 1 point of view of the video maker, and in the website there's very poor information about the ship.

My question is ... what do u think about the ship in general? does smaland worth the 2m?

Thanks for the time of reading me and those who'll write below, hope you guys have a good day and a wonderful sailing, GL out there! o7

1200px-Småland_wows_main.jpg

Members
3,089 posts
564 battles

I too want to know,,, I am THIS CLOSE to getting to 2M... and I did not buy the FIREsland as I was waiting for something that might be a better choice...

[KWA]
Beta Testers
1,857 posts
6,269 battles

General consensus from what I have seen is that she is a nice ship, but not worth 2mil FXP.

[BS]
Members
1,979 posts
10,808 battles

Bet you anymoney they'll make this thing a Submarine's worst nightmare, Nuestrashimy too. They both reek of "something missing's but we've preplanned a future strength."

• Cool 1

Members
3,073 posts
15,923 battles

Your choice is Smaland for 2M FXP  or two tier 9 premiums for FXP. I'd rather have two T9s.

[-FOX-]
Beta Testers
73 posts
3,449 battles

It is not worth 2 mill exp.

Good Rate of fire

Good torps

Painfully slow turret rotation.

Not very fast.

She also has a 7km blind spot at the front of her nose (You cannon shoot your front guns at a ship that is 7km or closer)

• Cool 1

[-BN-]
Members
13 posts
7,672 battles
Just now, monoace said:

She also has a 7km blind spot at the front of her nose (You cannon shoot your front guns at a ship that is 7km or closer)

that's because the position of the prof. charges of the bow? D:

[-FOX-]
Beta Testers
73 posts
3,449 battles
9 minutes ago, volutionseba said:

Yep

[4HIM]
[4HIM]
Beta Testers
1,983 posts
14,258 battles
16 minutes ago, volutionseba said:

ouch...now that IS good information, and not buying it now lol

[ICBM]
Members
825 posts
9,357 battles
37 minutes ago, monoace said:

Good Rate of fire

Good torps

Painfully slow turret rotation.

Not very fast.

I don't have the ship, but a quick internet search yielded 25 deg/second turret rotation which is identical to daring, gearing, and friesland. Now, daring and friesland have 360 turrets which is a real nice thing, but I wouldn't call those turrets slow.  Although, it is possible that the information on the internet is incorrect.

Not sure it's worth 2mil, though. Still will probably buy it. Probably. 

Edited by mrieder79

[MINVY]
[MINVY]
Members
743 posts
6,688 battles

I've had fun with it, even tried it in Ranked. I agree, 2 mill free xp is a huge price tag. Up to you though, the tech tree line is better in some ways, though the +30% speed boost and radar have their uses that the rest don't have. I've not spent much time in destroyers without smoke, but this line may help me break that habit.

• Cool 1

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,994 posts
20,694 battles

Flamu has a good video about her that's  2 or 3 days old.

Our clan leader got it.

His first 5 games impressions.....

Weak guns. 

Slow floaty shells, even under 7km.

[ALWC]
Members
1,180 posts
14,066 battles

My impression of the Swede dds..... they aren’t gun boats. Guns are last ditch or used to finish off crippled dds. They are torp boats. Fast torps but weak. Guns are weak. Slow. No smoke. High skill floor

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
4,082 posts
1 minute ago, wstugamd said:

My impression of the Swede dds..... they aren’t gun boats. Guns are last ditch or used to finish off crippled dds. They are torp boats. Fast torps but weak. Guns are weak. Slow. No smoke. High skill floor

Exactly and Smaland  most of all

[ALWC]
Members
1,180 posts
14,066 battles
1 minute ago, shadowsrmine said:

Exactly and Smaland  most of all

I want to pull the trigger but it can’t. I’d do it for 1.25 mil but I’m afraid of inflation 

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
4,082 posts
Just now, wstugamd said:

I want to pull the trigger but it can’t. I’d do it for 1.25 mil but I’m afraid of inflation 

Too many better boats for me,In six months USS Black should be available for coal  if I'm still playing then we'll see........................................:cap_cool: