You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Ensign_Cthulhu

Question for Moskva users: how do you set her up?

12 comments in this topic

[ARGSY]
Members
16,467 posts
11,306 battles

I only just got mine over the weekend (14 March 2020), so assume that I will not have access to the Unique Upgrade/"Legendary" module until further notice.

Who goes for range, and who for rate of fire?

Who goes for Concealment and who decides "No amount of concealment is ever going to hide this thing; I'll take double rudder"?

Any other questions I've failed to ask?

Have at it, ladies and gents!

• Cool 1

[MOOW]
[MOOW]
Members
455 posts
20,726 battles

Moskva is a long range artillery ship..stay at max range and fire HE at bbs and cruisers and AP at broadsiding cruisers.... Her AP will pen heavy cruiser armor at max range.

Or play the ship a few times and figure out what play style suits it the most.

Edited by Grapefruitcannon

[TROLO]
Members
541 posts
9,259 battles
36 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I only just got mine over the weekend (14 March 2020), so assume that I will not have access to the Unique Upgrade/"Legendary" module until further notice.

Who goes for range, and who for rate of fire?

Who goes for Concealment and who decides "No amount of concealment is ever going to hide this thing; I'll take double rudder"?

Any other questions I've failed to ask?

Have at it, ladies and gents!

I go full stealth (to not become a GK focus fired by everyone basically) and usually park angled just enough to use the rear gun at around 12km of whatever target I want to kill

For grinding the legendary I would recommend go full reload and stealth, range is pretty decent as it is and unlike things like Yoshino, you can just stay still tanking pretty much anything the enemy throws at you.

Just make sure not to rush, her tankiness is extremely useful against 1 or 2 targeting you but more she cannot sustain so never rush alone, only with other people. This is very important because many times her armor begs for rushing but it only gets you killed

[ARGSY]
Members
16,467 posts
11,306 battles
17 minutes ago, XurMP said:

For grinding the legendary

Please read the OP; I specifically stated that I do not have access to the old-school Legendary grind.

The rest of your post is very informative, I thank you for it, and I shall bear it in mind when buying the upgrade modules. 

[TROLO]
Members
541 posts
9,259 battles
1 hour ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Please read the OP; I specifically stated that I do not have access to the old-school Legendary grind.

The rest of your post is very informative, I thank you for it, and I shall bear it in mind when buying the upgrade modules. 

Oh sheet sorry I missread it, I thought you were asking for advice to grind the module, my bad

As @Grapefruitcannon said you can also use her at long range and she is quite effective at it thanks to the very good ballistics but if you are like me and prefer a bit more action then you can try to play it like a mini Kremlin, always angled at relatively "close" distances and watch enemy BBs bounce off your sides all day long. You should probably try both playstyles and see what fits you best

One thing I should mention is that her AP is not as good as many people claim it to be, sure it has a ton of pen but it doesn't deal much damage at all... May be just me but I only use it for broadside targets and stick to HE as much as possible, maybe I just aim wrong but it doesn't feel THAT powerful at all

[MOOW]
[MOOW]
Members
455 posts
20,726 battles
27 minutes ago, XurMP said:

Oh sheet sorry I missread it, I thought you were asking for advice to grind the module, my bad

As @Grapefruitcannon said you can also use her at long range and she is quite effective at it thanks to the very good ballistics but if you are like me and prefer a bit more action then you can try to play it like a mini Kremlin, always angled at relatively "close" distances and watch enemy BBs bounce off your sides all day long. You should probably try both playstyles and see what fits you best

One thing I should mention is that her AP is not as good as many people claim it to be, sure it has a ton of pen but it doesn't deal much damage at all... May be just me but I only use it for broadside targets and stick to HE as much as possible, maybe I just aim wrong but it doesn't feel THAT powerful at all

i use her that way also....

Her AP is very good...good penetration high velocity and good accuracy.

[WOLF5]
Members
3,235 posts
3,495 battles

Like a BB.

I run concealment/Tanking. PT, EM, SI, CE, FP, AR, PM, and I think JoAT. Accuracy, reload, and concealment for the relevant upgrades. 

CE because it's useful even with the huge detection range, and there's not a whole lot else that's useful. FP because you are just as big a target as a BB. The rest are pretty straightforward. Reload because more DPM, accuracy because RIP AA upgrade and the traverse one isn't necessary. Concealment to match CE. No on range, you don't really need it, I've found 20km is more than enough. 

Remember you're tanky, just not that tanky. Try and bow on a couple of T10s and you will die very quickly. I've found the best way to play her is kiting at range. You can actually bounce things while angled, and the long range HE spam works very well. Don't underestimate the AP. If someone is giving you broadside at medium or closer range, AP. You can citadel most BBs, all cruisers, and chunk the ones you can't citadel. Bonus: Moskva AP doesn't overpen Smolensk, just citadels:cap_haloween:

[ARGSY]
Members
16,467 posts
11,306 battles
7 minutes ago, AJTP89 said:

I run concealment/Tanking. PT, EM, SI, CE, FP, AR, PM, and I think JoAT. Accuracy, reload, and concealment for the relevant upgrades. 

NP. I think my RU 19 pointer (PT LS AR DE IFHE RPF SI) is going to be something of a mismatch, but I can live with that from the POV of co-op spamming a "special" ship once she gets her new status. What ISN'T going to be a mismatch is my RU BB captain, who is already developing along the lines you describe.

[WOLF5]
Members
3,235 posts
3,495 battles
1 hour ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

NP. I think my RU 19 pointer (PT LS AR DE IFHE RPF SI) is going to be something of a mismatch, but I can live with that from the POV of co-op spamming a "special" ship once she gets her new status. What ISN'T going to be a mismatch is my RU BB captain, who is already developing along the lines you describe.

Yeah, I had to completely reset my captain when I reached Moskva. The skills are completely different from the rest of the line. There's a reason WG is splitting the line. I'd use the free reset from the IFHE rework to change up your Moskva captain. Though I guess once she becomes a premium you can just swap your BB captain into her.

[ARGSY]
Members
16,467 posts
11,306 battles
20 minutes ago, AJTP89 said:

I'd use the free reset from the IFHE rework to change up your Moskva captain. Though I guess once she becomes a premium you can just swap your BB captain into her.

The free re-spec ended before you gave that advice, but I kept my Donskoi captain where he is because I didn't have enough ECXP to retrain him anyway. The only reason I did this grind in the first place is because they were making the Moskva a premium, and for me the point of having premiums is to put OTHER ships' captains in them (a factor which also has a lot of influence over which premium ships I obtain, for any resource/currency).

[-BRS-]
Members
1,420 posts
18,610 battles
9 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

The free re-spec ended before you gave that advice, but I kept my Donskoi captain where he is because I didn't have enough ECXP to retrain him anyway. The only reason I did this grind in the first place is because they were making the Moskva a premium, and for me the point of having premiums is to put OTHER ships' captains in them (a factor which also has a lot of influence over which premium ships I obtain, for any resource/currency).

I have been using the Moskva and Stalingrad regularly in Clan Battles and this is how I had mine setup.

image.png.01b018bd1ae6f78209c481da390778e5.png

image.thumb.png.8857f75901d2f4aca3f0dd559dfbfa33.png

I do have the legendary upgrade but for those that don't have it, you might prefer to go with range depending on how comfortable you feel getting closer.