Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Hyperion728

No Pi Day camo? Booooo

12 comments in this topic

[KWA]
Members
183 posts
18,218 battles

Procrastinated last year on it too long and the sale ended.  I've been waiting a year and budgeting this one, ready to spend a few bucks so.... where is it?

• Cool 1

[FORM]
Members
1,628 posts
11,306 battles
1 minute ago, Hyperion728 said:

Procrastinated last year on it too long and the sale ended.  I've been waiting a year and budgeting this one, ready to spend a few bucks so.... where is it?

You're the third thread about it. No official reply about why no camo this year :( 

Members
510 posts
14,057 battles

It didn't happen this year.    I too was ready to buy a few hundred, to get me through the year.    

WG lost a huge sales opportunity.  

[YORHA]
Members
4,996 posts
9,988 battles

I am amazed that they let this slip.

They practically turn the company inside out to generate some revenue on the PR thing, but a no cost/no brainer like this goes right by them.

Oops.. I think I may have answered my own question there.

Edited by JCC45
  • Cool 1

[WOLF2]
Members
4,985 posts
19,889 battles
6 minutes ago, TheArc said:

You're the third thread about it. No official reply about why no camo this year :( 

They had an improvised last minute thread to get a few free camos … 

But they certainly didn't advertise and you had to jump through their hoops like a trained rat 

Sooo Cheezy

Edited by Commander_367

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
14,086 posts
19,199 battles
21 minutes ago, ThumperD702 said:

WG lost a huge sales opportunity.

Really? How much did you expect to fork out for your "few hundred" Pi camos? Because unless you're going to pay about 5 bucks each, I'm not sure WG is going to miss your money, which in all honesty you will most likely just spend on something else in the game.

• Confused 1
  • Boring 2

[KWA]
Members
183 posts
18,218 battles

Dude the Pie Day is probably the single best camo you can buy, and I was going to drop a significant amount of money.

I'm was aware of another thread but it got hijacked.  Wasn't going to look further back than 3 pages.

[FORM]
Members
1,628 posts
11,306 battles
8 hours ago, Umikami said:

Really? How much did you expect to fork out for your "few hundred" Pi camos? Because unless you're going to pay about 5 bucks each, I'm not sure WG is going to miss your money, which in all honesty you will most likely just spend on something else in the game.

I was only going to buy 100 of them (which IIRC was $27 last year.) It is the only camo I've ever bought, or would buy. And also FYI, I haven't bought anything at all in the game since the Christmas PR crap, I had averaged around $70/mo since I started playing.

But hey, you're allowed to throw your two cents out, even if the coins go into the toilet instead of the wishing well.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 2

[YORHA]
Members
4,996 posts
9,988 battles
1 hour ago, TheArc said:

I was only going to buy 100 of them (which IIRC was $27 last year.) It is the only camo I've ever bought, or would buy. And also FYI, I haven't bought anything at all in the game since the Christmas PR crap, I had averaged around $70/mo since I started playing.

But hey, you're allowed to throw your two cents out, even if the coins go into the toilet instead of the wishing well.

I was planning to spend a lot more than that but hey... if WG doesn't want the money some other developer will.

• Cool 2

[FORM]
Members
1,628 posts
11,306 battles
54 minutes ago, JCC45 said:

I was planning to spend a lot more than that but hey... if WG doesn't want the money some other developer will.

I totally get it... I'm a bit surprised there hasn't been a big Steam Sale with the number of people staying inside right now.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
14,086 posts
19,199 battles
3 hours ago, TheArc said:

So a game with 10 K players per server, and four servers, gathering unto themselves the premium fees, consumable fees, and other fees, is missing your 27 bucks? THAT is the point you're trying to make? Or are you saying your 70 dollars a month is driving them into bankruptcy? Should we all hold our breath waiting for WG to go belly up? You, and your money, and not that important overall and just a VERY small part of the total they take in. And since the NA server is actually growing, you are also easily replaced. Now where did my 2 cents go?

• Boring 1

[YORHA]
Members
4,996 posts
9,988 battles
1 hour ago, TheArc said:

I totally get it... I'm a bit surprised there hasn't been a big Steam Sale with the number of people staying inside right now.

I keep getting this image in my mind.  Don't know why...

4969050-16x9-700x394.jpg

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this