You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
HouseDevils

Moskva going premuim

15 comments in this topic

Members
36 posts
6,856 battles

So my friend is panicking that the Moskva legendary will go to the new Soviet cruisers and that the Moskva will lose the ability to mount the legendary upgrade after it goes to becoming a premium ship. Can anyone please provide me evidence as to why this isn't going to happen. that despite the Moskva going premium it will still have the ability to keep its legendary and continue the mission until Dec. 25, 2020.

[--K--]
Members
1,343 posts
10,208 battles
8 minutes ago, HouseDevils said:

So my friend is panicking that the Moskva legendary will go to the new Soviet cruisers and that the Moskva will lose the ability to mount the legendary upgrade after it goes to becoming a premium ship. Can anyone please provide me evidence as to why this isn't going to happen. that despite the Moskva going premium it will still have the ability to keep its legendary and continue the mission until Dec. 25, 2020.

It has been said that Moskva will keep its UU for the time being...  but....  all UU’s are subject to rework.  So there is no guarantee that it will stay as is in the future.

Edited by BarneyStyle

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,994 posts
20,694 battles
30 minutes ago, HouseDevils said:

WG confirms Moskva will retain any UU it has.

They did say it may be adjusted

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
14,100 posts
19,199 battles
46 minutes ago, HouseDevils said:

No premium has a legendary upgrade. Think about that.

[WOLF3]
Members
27,063 posts
23,842 battles
52 minutes ago, HouseDevils said:

Tell your friend the end is coming and to start preparing like the Walking Dead is about to become real life.

5 minutes ago, Umikami said:

But a Premium can have it built in :Smile_trollface:

Thunderer's values (rudder shift, turret traverse) is basically Conquer with the Legendary equipped, but doesn't have to give up an upgrade slot for it like Conqueror has to, which is Slot 5.  So Thunderer can still equip CSM1 for Full Stealth Build that Legendary Conqueror can't, and still have the benefits of the Conq Legendary :Smile_veryhappy:

• Funny 1

Members
4,359 posts
11,269 battles
8 minutes ago, Umikami said:

No premium has a UU yet. WG has specifically said that Moskva’s UU and mission will stay when it becomes a premium, and most likely will not be changed as part of the rework. 

Members
36 posts
6,856 battles
1 minute ago, MidnightPhoenix07 said:

No premium has a UU yet. WG has specifically said that Moskva’s UU and mission will stay when it becomes a premium, and most likely will not be changed as part of the rework. 

is there a confirmed post about that?

[A-I-M]
Members
3,040 posts
13,308 battles
8 minutes ago, MidnightPhoenix07 said:

Yes, but they could bake it in to the premium Moskva and let the mission result in the UU value in credits.

I presently have both the Moskva UU and the mission for it...remember, some months ago there was a mission or event that allowed players to earn a UU, or perhaps it was a coupon good for any UU of choice. You could claim the UU for a ship and keep the mission for the UU.

My point is simply that it is entirely possible that WG will grant Premium Moskva the UU immediately, but let owners of tech tree Moskva when it converts to a premium, keep their UU mission and progress - but for credits.

Members
4,359 posts
11,269 battles
16 minutes ago, HouseDevils said:

is there a confirmed post about that?

Here’s an announcement that Moskva will keep her UU after the split. I know it was mentioned during one of the streams that it will not be changed during the rework but the search results on the forums don’t pull up a ST or dev blog post stating that. 

@MannyD_of_The_Sea see above 

[HSD]
Members
704 posts
12,392 battles

Tier X cruiser Moskva will become a special ship for Coal and will be replaced in the branch with the new cruiser Alexander Nevsky.

This distinction while nitpicky is important. Moskva will not be a premium, it will be a special ship. For reference Smolensk is classed as a special ship and not a Premium. Which is probably why the ship was able to be nerfed without the usual Premium status associated outcry.

[WOLFC]
Members
1,658 posts
9,465 battles
1 hour ago, Meatshield_No13 said:

This distinction while nitpicky is important. Moskva will not be a premium, it will be a special ship. For reference Smolensk is classed as a special ship and not a Premium. Which is probably why the ship was able to be nerfed without the usual Premium status associated outcry.

Smolensk’s nerf was part of a global change that aimed to normalize the armor plating of cruisers. WG actually has yet to apply a targeted nerf to a special ship. And I’m very confident that if/when WG does, we will still see plenty of the “Premium status associated” outcry.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
14,100 posts
19,199 battles
2 hours ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Thunderer's values (rudder shift, turret traverse) is basically Conquer with the Legendary equipped, but doesn't have to give up an upgrade slot for it like Conqueror has to, which is Slot 5.  So Thunderer can still equip CSM1 for Full Stealth Build that Legendary Conqueror can't, and still have the benefits of the Conq Legendary

That's not really a choice tho, is it? With the legendary upgrade you can use it or not, this way seems like you're just stuck with it. I mean, yeah, you still get it, but you have no choice about it if it's built in.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
14,100 posts
19,199 battles
2 hours ago, MidnightPhoenix07 said:

Would you like me to give you a list of the things WG has said that they've gone back on? How about just the ones from this year? I have more faith in getting the truth out of a used car salesman.

Members
4,359 posts
11,269 battles
2 minutes ago, Umikami said:

Would you like me to give you a list of the things WG has said that they've gone back on? How about just the ones from this year? I have more faith in getting the truth out of a used car salesman.

And until there’s a public statement that Moskva will not retain her UU after an official statement being made that she will, the official WG answer is that the UU will stay when Moskva becomes a ‘premium.’ Anything else is purely a case of the only ones who know are under NDA and all we can do is guess and theorize.

If it would make your ego feel better after receiving the proof you asked for, go right ahead and make your list. The only ones it will convince are the ‘sky is falling WG is always out to get my tinfoil hat’ crowd, but that’s because most players here have enough sense to take any official statement with a grain of salt and treat it as planned and subject to change however WG wants to until it makes it into the game rather than automatically assume WG is out to get us. 

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
14,100 posts
19,199 battles
5 minutes ago, MidnightPhoenix07 said:

And until there’s a public statement that Moskva will not retain her UU after an official statement being made that she will, the official WG answer is that the UU will stay when Moskva becomes a ‘premium.’ Anything else is purely a case of the only ones who know are under NDA and all we can do is guess and theorize.

Believe whatever you want; I've seen WG hose over their player base too many times to put any faith in any statement they make. Whether the sky falls or not, they lie.