You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Tekina_

WG, can you reduce the flight size of bombers?

11 comments in this topic

Members
1,225 posts
5,930 battles

Since you nerfed the reattack time, bombers are only good for a single attack run now since the timer is too long for chain attacks. However the fight size is needlessly large and it takes far too long to purge the useless extra planes. Having to spend a lot of time doing nothing but getting rid of excess planes any time you want to use them makes an already cumbersome plane type even less fun to use.  If I want to purge the extra 2-3 strikes and don't want to waste all of my boost braking(I do mean all of it ) do you know how much space I need? About 20-25km. I can nearly cross from spawn to spawn and still have planes I need to purge. That's utterly ridiculous.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
26,431 posts
14,165 battles

Dead drops reduce the squadron size.

[PROJX]
Beta Testers
728 posts
4,671 battles

It absolutely does not take that long to dead drop squadrons, even Hakuryuu torpedo bombers

[S-N-D]
Banned
3,327 posts
7,738 battles

Indeed, they need an option to set squad size at takeoff. There is no point in dead drops when a UI change can allow selection.

Members
1,225 posts
5,930 battles
6 minutes ago, PotatoMD said:

It absolutely does not take that long to dead drop squadrons, even Hakuryuu torpedo bombers

I tested it with both Haku and GZ's AP bombers. It absolutely takes that long with them. Torps were not changed at all.

Edited by Tekina_

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
26,431 posts
14,165 battles
7 minutes ago, Tekina_ said:

I tested it with both Haku and GZ's AP bombers. It absolutely takes that long with them. Torps were not changed at all.

A few, even 10 seconds dropping when not detected is nothing.

Members
1,225 posts
5,930 battles
2 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

A few, even 10 seconds dropping when not detected is nothing.

You can literally cross 20-25km in the time it takes to drop all the extra planes. I would hardly call that nothing. Seriously, go test it yourself. 

Edited by Tekina_

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
26,431 posts
14,165 battles
5 minutes ago, Tekina_ said:

You can literally cross 20-25km in the time it takes. I would hardly call that nothing. Seriously, go test it yourself.

I have played the Hak and never had an issue with time for dead drops. With the time it takes to get to your target it shouldn't be an issue and I doubt they will change the size.

Edited by BrushWolf
  • Cool 1

Members
1,225 posts
5,930 battles
5 hours ago, BrushWolf said:

I have played the Hak and never had an issue with time for dead drops. With the time it takes to get to your target it shouldn't be an issue and I doubt they will change the size.

Then you are bringing more planes than are useful. It wasn't a problem before they increased the divebomber time but now with it being 9s of post attack dead time+ the invun period+the start up time it takes upwards of 15s to purge a single unneeded strike. Consider that you have to do this 2-3 times to get the flight down to reasonable numbers and it's just stupid.

And of course they won't do anything, why would they ever implement any sort of real quality of life feature? Especially to the most controversial ship type, especially when the last few patches have been dedicated to making the player experience worse for everyone and squeezing as much cash out as they can.

[CAP]
Members
342 posts
15,175 battles
8 minutes ago, Tekina_ said:

Then you are bringing more planes than are useful. It wasn't a problem before they increased the divebomber time but now with it being 9s of post attack dead time+ the invun period+the start up time it takes upwards of 15s to purge a single unneeded strike. Consider that you have to do this 2-3 times to get the flight down to reasonable numbers and it's just stupid.

And of course they won't do anything, why would they ever implement any sort of real quality of life feature? Especially to the most controversial ship type, especially when the last few patches have been dedicated to making the player experience worse for everyone and squeezing as much cash out as they can.

WG still thinks it is a good idea to bring all your planes to the party so they can get shot down.

[PIG]
[PIG]
Members
1,218 posts
5,689 battles
On 3/16/2020 at 1:23 AM, BrushWolf said:

Dead drops reduce the squadron size.

This is a ridiculous gaming experience and it would be much more interesting to build the squadron size before take off with some micro management of the planes reserves.