You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
BUZZKILL_II_

ROCKET PLANES HANGING IN MID AIR UNLOADING FULL VOLLEY THEN FLYING OFF

14 comments in this topic

[-II-]
Members
7 posts
8,406 battles

So second time today. I had a CV come in for a rocket attack .  They stop and hang in  a hover  on the side of the ship. Unload all there rockets and then fly around for another strafe and do the same thing again. wth? Not lag. Not video lag . Not game stutter.  Is this a hack or a glitch and if so when will it be fixed.  

• Boring 1

Members
1,225 posts
5,930 battles

That's almost definitely lag. Planes do not possess the ability to stop mid air. Get better internets.

• Cool 2

Members
9,159 posts
11,174 battles

Post the replay, and for the love of sunk ships, please stop assuming things are hacks.

[HC]
Beta Testers
3,042 posts
12,725 battles

All carrier aircraft can hold the "S" key to slow down, which consumes boost. Attack aircraft have the shortest boost times, so they can only slow down briefly.

British CV aircraft (aside from Indomitable) are dirt slow to begin with, and when they slam on the brakes, you'd swear they've come to a halt.

If you're actually flying the planes yourself, you'll see they certainly are moving, almost too fast to hit destroyers from the side, which is probably exactly as designed. Attack aircraft also barely have enough boost to make this possible, also likely exactly as designed.

Edited by SgtBeltfed

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
12,628 posts

If you watch large commercial jets coming in to land at a certain angle you would swear that they were hardly moving, but it's just a trick of the eye.

[-TNT-]
Members
404 posts
15,483 battles

Yea our DD's need counter play vs CV's even with full AA build the Rocket planes can still [edited] my DD ...so what if i kill 20 planes if he pass's me 8k to 12k a pass ,,, DD can't spot and can't counter play againt rocket planes . So whats the point

• Boring 1

[PIMPS]
Members
1,493 posts

Harrier planes have been introduced quietly to the game.

• Cool 1

[S0L0]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
4,444 posts
6,499 battles

Rocket planes "hovering" inside AA range would actually be a negative for the CV player.... faster through AA bubble = less planes lost.   

[REVY]
Members
2,282 posts
12,264 battles
6 hours ago, Chain_shot said:

Harrier planes have been introduced quietly to the game.

Nah, not harriers

Gyro-Copters!

You've been attacked by 'Little Nellie'!!!

latest?cb=20120914123631

[BONKS]
Members
1,495 posts
50 battles

It's lag. The CV rework has terribly coded lag compensation. Even a minimal lag spike will basically ruin your day especially during an attack.

This is a pretty extreme example but demonstrates this perfectly:

[--O--]
Members
931 posts
11 hours ago, Snargfargle said:

If you watch large commercial jets coming in to land at a certain angle you would swear that they were hardly moving, but it's just a trick of the eye.

Ever seen a BUFF do a short approach???

I have and was not wearing my brown pants before but they were after.

Members
431 posts
13 hours ago, Snargfargle said:

This^^^ they look like they are not moving when they do what is called a crab landing. They do this to deal with wind. 

Edited by Venac