You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
jags_domain

Lets talk SAP and posta ships...

13 comments in this topic

[SOV]
Members
4,621 posts

I am at t4 and SAP is... strange. I thought it would be HE with no fire but it seems to shatter more than HE.

Brits AP seems to be much more effective and they fire every 7 sec or so and Italy fires every 12 sec.

There very Pritty, fast and monuverable but the guns and turret travers seems like it needs help.

Any ideas on how to use SAP

Edited by jags_domain

[SYN]
Members
15,862 posts
12,803 battles

Yeah, skip to T7 where you get 203mm guns

SAP in smaller calibers are total trash. Not helping is the fact that the ever popular BBs at T2~6 tend to have no superstructure to shoot at and far too much midsection armor for 152mm SAP to penetrate.

At T7, not only do you get bigger guns, but ships become very bulky with lots of areas that SAP can do something against.

• Cool 1

[B-G-N]
Members
381 posts
539 battles
32 minutes ago, jags_domain said:

Lets talk SAP and posta ships...

You mean pasta ships? :Smile_trollface:

Image result for pasta ships

Italian Cruisers colorized

• Cool 1

[WOLFG]
Members
29,075 posts
8,322 battles
12 minutes ago, MrDeaf said:

Yeah, skip to T7 where you get 203mm guns

I think Trento gets them at T6....

• Cool 1

[SOV]
Members
4,621 posts
19 minutes ago, JackSparrow_665 said:

Ok that is really really cool!!!!

Members
1,624 posts

Trento is interesting, you should enjoy it, with T7 Zara it gets better, just aim at the superstructure, T8 Amalfi is much better than Zara, and it's competitive on T8 battles, a little too big to my taste, yet good speed and tanky. I've not try RM upper tiers yet. My impression is that the T6-7 RN CA are a little bit better compared to the RM. New CA RN/RM are fun to play, my 2 cents...

Edited by loco_max

[WOLF3]
Members
27,081 posts
23,857 battles

203mm SAP's issues only get remedied in Tier X.  Venezia has a sh*t ton of guns and the bounce angles of her own SAP shells are superior to all other Italian Cruisers' SAP.

[--K--]
[--K--]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
2,382 posts
9,778 battles

Trento has godawful concealment with a protection scheme that is trying to  compete with Omaha for which can sink fastest.  Zara is where the line starts to not feel awful, I suggest going there.  While I didn't care for Amalfi, I know she's a solid ship with Brindisi being decent.  

Venezia however, is significantly stronger tier for tier over the rest of the line.  Looking back, i'd say unless you're looking for something new and different with a solid understanding of penetration and armor schemes that the line is not worth it.  If you do have said understanding, Venezia is fantastic (until you have to face off against the Kremlin, lol.) but the pain to get there is questionable.

[RLGN]
Members
14,312 posts
25,245 battles
1 hour ago, MrDeaf said:

At T7, not only do you get bigger guns, but ships become very bulky with lots of areas that SAP can do something against.

So what?

WG’s not even thinly disguised attempt to push players into higher tiers with garbage at the low and mid tiers, based on some vague promise things get better at higher tiers; true or not; does little to excite interest in new lines, as far as I’m concerned.

Edited by Estimated_Prophet

[WPORT]
Members
5,502 posts
10,527 battles

In addition to guns, many Italian cruisers have torpedoes.  :-)

The SAP is fine for use on DD's and Cruisers.  It struggles against BB's.  So, aim for the BB superstructure while you set-up a torpedo launch or two.
Or use AP on the appropriate parts of a BB.

The Italians benefit from game-play that pushes the ships to their limits and uses the terrain to good advantage.  Come to think of it, all ships benefit from that concept.  ;-)

[USA-N]
Members
785 posts
9,238 battles

The Venezia is the go to ship in ranked this season, because it can deal reliable damage to all the things at very long range, and has smoke to get out of trouble. With so many guns, always doing 10k damage and more per volley, the Venezia player sits at range and finds themselves a Yamato to farm. while everyone else is fighting for position, and to get kills, the Venezia is farming 100k in BB damage.

Now, all that will be repaired, but so what? Even more to farm, in the later game. 

The Venezia is the ultimate damage farmer. It sits at the back, concentrating on saving that star, above all else. If the rest of the team kill the enemy, great! If they do not, also fine. Lots of damage, lots of credits.

With the fire meta now nerfed, look for Venezias everywhere, as the new ship of choice for farmers everywhere.

[SYN]
Members
15,862 posts
12,803 battles
26 minutes ago, SidTheBlade said:

Now, all that will be repaired, but so what? Even more to farm, in the later game. 

AFAIK, you can only repair 1/3 of the damage from penetration hits. 1/2 for RNBB.

It's more effective than fire damage.

[TDRB]
Members
5,142 posts
13,741 battles
3 hours ago, JackSparrow_665 said:

You're in trouble if they become al dente.