Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
guns_at_last_light

Question about accelerated retraining

8 comments in this topic

Members
745 posts

I wouldn't consider this to be a critical issue by any means, but it does seem weird enough to warrant a post.

When you move a captain to a new ship you can spend 500 doubloons to have the retraining penalty immediately removed, 200k silver to have the retraining time cut in half, or just roll with it and take the penalty. If you spend the 200k silver and later decide that you don't want to wait, the doubloon cost is still 500. Why isn't it cut in half, to 250 doubloons? 

I typically don't move captains that often, but now that I'm constantly resetting lines so that I can get the Ohio I am  acutely aware as I burn through elite commander XP.

[YORHA]
Members
5,016 posts
9,993 battles
4 minutes ago, guns_at_last_light said:

I wouldn't consider this to be a critical issue by any means, but it does seem weird enough to warrant a post.

When you move a captain to a new ship you can spend 500 doubloons to have the retraining penalty immediately removed, 200k silver to have the retraining time cut in half, or just roll with it and take the penalty. If you spend the 200k silver and later decide that you don't want to wait, the doubloon cost is still 500. Why isn't it cut in half, to 250 doubloons? 

I typically don't move captains that often, but now that I'm constantly resetting lines so that I can get the Ohio I am  acutely aware as I burn through elite commander XP.

giphy.gif

• Funny 1

[LSNB]
Members
1,587 posts
4,409 battles

Monetization? I wonder... :cap_hmm:

[SOFOP]
Members
2,439 posts
14,361 battles

Many people dont know this and you didnt mention it...but if you do the 200k silver thing to cut it in half, you can then use the process that would normally add captain points using commander xp to complete the training with commander xp.  This also works if you dont use the 200k silver option but 200k silver is nothing for most people.

For example.m, if retraining is 50k xp and you cut that in half, you can then use 25k commander xp to finish off the training.  This is basically what I do any time I move a commander.

• Cool 1

Members
745 posts
13 minutes ago, Old_Baldy_One said:

Many people dont know this and you didnt mention it...but if you do the 200k silver thing to cut it in half, you can then use the process that would normally add captain points using commander xp to complete the training with commander xp.  This also works if you dont use the 200k silver option but 200k silver is nothing for most people.

For example.m, if retraining is 50k xp and you cut that in half, you can then use 25k commander xp to finish off the training.  This is basically what I do any time I move a commander.

That's what I had been doing until I blew through all of my commander XP. The Ohio better be worth it.

Considering that spending 200k silver reduces the amount of elite captain XP required for retraining, it is pretty clear that WG made a conscious decision to not reduce the doubloon amount. If I change my mind and want to drop 500 doubloons later, at least give me back my 200k silver.

EDIT: if I was actually smart about it, I'd just train dedicated captains for each of the ships since I keep resetting the same line anyway. D'oh.

Edited by guns_at_last_light

[SYN]
Members
8,236 posts
13,957 battles

500 dubs isn't worth it ever, just spend the silver than finish it off with CXP.

[WOLFG]
Members
29,058 posts
8,308 battles
3 hours ago, Kapitan_Wuff said:

500 dubs isn't worth it ever, just spend the silver than finish it off with CXP.

I used to spend dubs on high-point captains, before CXP became a thing. 

Now? Not a chance.

On a side note, holy !@#$ can you ever grind a lot of credits and CXP playing Ranked.

[SOFOP]
Members
2,439 posts
14,361 battles
30 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

I used to spend dubs on high-point captains, before CXP became a thing. 

Now? Not a chance.

On a side note, holy !@#$ can you ever grind a lot of credits and CXP playing Ranked.

You can do a good amount of regular xp too, which is why they prefer to keep it at tier 10 so often. 

Sign in to follow this