You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Fombo

Give us something new during the Quarantine! RELEASE THE SUBS!

32 comments in this topic

[CAG-1]
Members
169 posts
9,384 battles

This is the perfect opportunity!!!  We will have everyone home over the next month, we need new lines!  Release the subs!!!

• Cool 5
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 4

[KNCOL]
Members
784 posts
1,717 battles

It definitely would make the forums a lot more entertaining with all the man children crying and screaming about it

• Cool 4
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[LOS]
Members
864 posts
13,742 battles
5 minutes ago, Torpin said:

This is the perfect opportunity!!!  We will have everyone home over the next month, we need new lines!  Release the subs!!!

F***'in funny! 

+1 Funny F***er!

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
26,381 posts
14,152 battles

How quickly people forget about live testing of CV's.

• Cool 1

[WOLFC]
Members
1,884 posts
9,902 battles
1 minute ago, BrushWolf said:

There's a Corona joke in there somewhere....

• Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
24,764 posts
25,773 battles
17 minutes ago, Anonymous50 said:

No corona jokes allow, by order of Kalvothe.  

• Boring 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
26,381 posts
14,152 battles
21 minutes ago, Anonymous50 said:

Yeah but that is getting into politics and even at the best of times that is not a good idea.

[SALVO]
Members
24,764 posts
25,773 battles
22 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

Personally, I didn't mind the idea of live testing, because to me, the reality of the public server is that if you can't get enough people to play it, then it's worthless.  Also, I think that the reality of carrier testing is such that you really can't just can't do it with supertesters.  Carriers being what they are need to have another carrier on the other team to offset them.  They're not like other ships where you can throw some supertest tier 7 (or whatever) BB into live battles and not really screw anything up all that badly if those ships are pretty close to reasonably balanced (sort of like saying "first pass of balancing", if you catch my drift).

But I'm also thinking that subs will be sort of like carriers in this regard.  I question whether they can be given to supertesters and thrown onto the live servers.  The question is can one team have a submarine and the other team not, without throwing the entire competitive balance of team building completely off?  I don't know.

Also, in some ways, subs might be harder to deal with than carriers.  What I mean by that is that a lot of regular players will know from history that an effective way to counter planes is to group up, and that works in this game as well.  But are those same regular players going to know how to counter subs?  And note that when I say "counter", I don't mean a "counter" that's a 100% perfect defense.  I'm more talking about a way to mitigate the new unit's attacks, or ways to make the new units' lives more difficult, etc.  For subs, it would mean what could players do to kill subs, or to detect them or force them to run away, etc.  I'm not sure that there are all that many obvious tactics for ASW here in the same way that there are for anti-air.

• Confused 1

[TOAST]
[TOAST]
Members
1,444 posts
10,195 battles
32 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

But BrushWolf... a few people think adding another balance train wreck is a great idea... :Smile_medal:

Clearly those that have been "complaining" about it are just remembering fake news and not past events that we are still feeling the effects of

#JustDodge #JustDon'tPlay #VisionIsBad

It'll be fiiiiiine :Smile_great:

• Funny 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
26,381 posts
14,152 battles
1 minute ago, Vekta408 said:

But BrushWolf... a few people think adding another balance train wreck is a great idea... :Smile_medal:

Clearly those that have been "complaining" about it are just remembering fake news and not past events that we are still feeling the effects of

#JustDodge #JustDon'tPlay #VisionIsBad

It'll be fiiiiiine :Smile_great:

Personally I don't think they will be the cure all that many think they will be even if they can be balanced.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
26,381 posts
14,152 battles
3 minutes ago, Crucis said:

Personally, I didn't mind the idea of live testing, because to me, the reality of the public server is that if you can't get enough people to play it, then it's worthless.  Also, I think that the reality of carrier testing is such that you really can't just can't do it with supertesters.  Carriers being what they are need to have another carrier on the other team to offset them.  They're not like other ships where you can throw some supertest tier 7 (or whatever) BB into live battles and not really screw anything up all that badly if those ships are pretty close to reasonably balanced (sort of like saying "first pass of balancing", if you catch my drift).

But I'm also thinking that subs will be sort of like carriers in this regard.  I question whether they can be given to supertesters and thrown onto the live servers.  The question is can one team have a submarine and the other team not, without throwing the entire competitive balance of team building completely off?  I don't know.

Also, in some ways, subs might be harder to deal with than carriers.  What I mean by that is that a lot of regular players will know from history that an effective way to counter planes is to group up, and that works in this game as well.  But are those same regular players going to know how to counter subs?  And note that when I say "counter", I don't mean a "counter" that's a 100% perfect defense.  I'm more talking about a way to mitigate the new unit's attacks, or ways to make the new units' lives more difficult, etc.  For subs, it would mean what could players do to kill subs, or to detect them or force them to run away, etc.  I'm not sure that there are all that many obvious tactics for ASW here in the same way that there are for anti-air.

You must have done testing at some time so you know what to expect. Unfortunately there are a lot of people that haven't and do not even understand testing. Look at the thread about the Petropavlovsk test ship. Yes it is broken but more data is needed before nerfs can be considered.

[BLEP]
Members
541 posts
11,452 battles
1 hour ago, Torpin said:

NO NO NO and I will say it one more time NO!!!

• Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
24,764 posts
25,773 battles
20 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

You must have done testing at some time so you know what to expect. Unfortunately there are a lot of people that haven't and do not even understand testing. Look at the thread about the Petropavlovsk test ship. Yes it is broken but more data is needed before nerfs can be considered.

Believe it or not, I've never played the test servers, whether in WoT or WoWS.  I just don't want to bother DL-ing a second instance of the game and taking away from my normal grind.  I'm patient enough to wait for stuff to reach the live servers.

But I do understand about testing software, given that I was, once upon a time, a programmer, professionally speaking.

Members
1,624 posts

that will be a total clusterf*ck, not only we have to cope with the Covid-19 crisis, on top of that we will have to cope with the crapstorm in the Forum, that will be it...

• Funny 1

[MHG]
[MHG]
Members
71 posts
3,168 battles
2 hours ago, Koogus said:

It definitely would make the forums a lot more entertaining with all the man children crying and screaming about it

NGL this is the primary reason i'm exited for subs

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[SALVO]
Members
24,764 posts
25,773 battles
7 minutes ago, Rothgar_57 said:

Dear god no.  How about take away Cvs. 

Do you really think that WG would willingly give cash or doubloon refunds for all the premium CVs they've sold, not to mention whatever FXP people may have paid to convert to push through a carrier line?  I don't.  Heck, WG is doubling down on CVs with the tier 10 CV, USS FDR, that they're working on right now.  No, carriers are not going away.

[B-G-N]
Members
381 posts
539 battles
3 hours ago, Torpin said:

Image result for submarine memesImage result for submarine memes

• Cool 1

[WOLF6]
Members
1,849 posts
5,553 battles
5 minutes ago, monpetitloup said:

I don’t like quarantine!

Ugh neither. I was grounded/off work for 8 months because of a medication. Finally get back to it and.....grounded.

If subs were released now at least it would keep the forums busy.

[CAG-1]
Members
169 posts
9,384 battles
1 hour ago, C14Alpha said:

How fitting to introduce misery during a period of misery.

I just about fell out of my chair!!!  LOL

[CHASE]
Members
1 post
4,522 battles

Has anyone heard anything about when a ST application will be released?! asking for a friend ;)