Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Fombo

Go home WG, your matchmaker is drunk.

12 comments in this topic

[CAG-1]
Members
169 posts
9,384 battles

Waited two and a half minutes for my Visby tier V dd, and get a match with SIX carriers.  Somehow I don't think the mm has been fixed.

• Boring 2

[WOLFC]
Members
1,673 posts
9,497 battles

Tier IV has a disproportionate number of carriers because 1) more players are grinding carriers after the rework and 2) the elimination of odd-tier CVs has kept players at tier IV longer. Pre-rework, you would graduate to tier V CVs relatively quickly and be eligible to be pulled into tier VI and VII matches.

Edited by Nevermore135

[VCRUZ]
Members
4,049 posts
9,180 battles

MM is not drunk, 4-6 CVs is the rule now. Tiers 3/4/5 are "broken" now, used to be fun tiers to play, now its just a s**tshow. And T6 is going the same way, its becoming more common to see double T6 or T8 cv's. 

[B-G-N]
Members
381 posts
539 battles

"Go home WG, your matchmaker is drunk."

Wargaming:

image.png.78f15831f384ac6b0b455ffb71b10f5c.png

Edited by JackSparrow_665
  • Funny 4

[SALVO]
Members
24,834 posts
25,917 battles
25 minutes ago, JackSparrow_665 said:

"Go home WG, your matchmaker is drunk."

Wargaming:

image.png.78f15831f384ac6b0b455ffb71b10f5c.png

LOL!  Good one, JackSparrow!  :cap_like:

That picture perfectly describes what MM was like back before WG put some sane limits on fail divisions.  That is, it used to be possible for a tier 10 to div with a tier 2 (sorta kinda pictured above).  Thankfully, those days are long gone.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
14,118 posts
19,213 battles
1 hour ago, Nevermore135 said:

Tier IV has a disproportionate number of carriers because 1) more players are grinding carriers after the rework and 2) the elimination of odd-tier CVs has kept players at tier IV longer. many CV players like to seal club a tier where there is no AA to stop them.

CV players detest a match where they can actually get hurt or damaged; hence they play tier 4.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 2

[SALVO]
Members
24,834 posts
25,917 battles
1 hour ago, Torpin said:

Waited two and a half minutes for my Visby tier V dd, and get a match with SIX carriers.  Somehow I don't think the mm has been fixed.

Torpin, when you have to wait that long in the MM queue, rarely do good things come of it.  Whether it's ending up with very small teams or whatever, when you go that long, you're getting into queue dump territory and the MM rules start to allow wonky things to happen.  

Now to be fair, it's not really MM's fault.  It's more a case of now having enough ships in the queue in the tier range you want to play.  And you might be better off just backing out of the queue, and playing a battle at a higher tier or waiting 5 minutes, etc.

[SALVO]
Members
24,834 posts
25,917 battles
Just now, Umikami said:

CV players detest a match where they can actually get hurt or damaged; hence they play tier 4.

Umi, I hardly ever play tier 4 CVs.  I only played a tiny handful of tier 4 battles in the Hermes back when the RN CV line was released, and haven't played any tier 4 CV battles since.  I have zero interest in doing so.  If I'm going to play "lower" tier CVs, I prefer tier 6 CVs.  And frankly, these days, I tend to play them only for naval battles to farm some stars.  Or maybe some Operations.  But that's about it.

[SSG]
Alpha Tester
5,035 posts
11,620 battles
1 hour ago, Nevermore135 said:

1) more players are grinding carriers after the rework and 2) the elimination of odd-tier CVs has kept players at tier IV longer

You forgot 3) some CV players are hiding in tier 4 because AA is till broken that what tier 4 see's has next to nothing, tier 6 and 8 have issues uptiered and 10 deals with some seriously broken ships AA wise. 

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
14,118 posts
19,213 battles
3 minutes ago, Crucis said:

Umi, I hardly ever play tier 4 CVs.  I only played a tiny handful of tier 4 battles in the Hermes back when the RN CV line was released, and haven't played any tier 4 CV battles since.  I have zero interest in doing so.  If I'm going to play "lower" tier CVs, I prefer tier 6 CVs.  And frankly, these days, I tend to play them only for naval battles to farm some stars.  Or maybe some Operations.  But that's about it.

Then you can have a cookie!

[NFJF]
Members
653 posts
9,895 battles

Get with the program Dummy! Getting deleted by rockets in the first 60 seconds of the game is supposed to be "fun and engaging!"

Members
386 posts
19,439 battles

9 hours ago, Torpin said:

get a match with SIX carriers. 

According to my detailed study, you can expect this to happen once every five matches on average.

On ‎1‎/‎29‎/‎2020 at 8:10 PM, Ziggy_Sprague said:

Results:

Tier Sample Size 0  CV 1  CV 2  CV 3  CV
IV 200 matches 12x  (6%) 45x  (22.5%) 100x  (50%) 43x  (21.5%)

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this