Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Sumseaman

Enterprise brawls with Amalfi for scrumptious Kraken

17 comments in this topic

[WOLF6]
Members
1,849 posts
5,553 battles

DISCLAIMER : THE FOLLOWING CONTENT CONTAINS IMAGES THAT CV HATERS MIGHT FIND DISTRESSING OR OFFENSIVE.

CVs seem to be quite balanced now...with the exception of Enterprise. Damage done was low but it's still a great credit generator.

CV fans enjoy.....CV haters please look away or spam your favourite emoji be it bored or angry.

Eprisekraken.jpg

Edited by Sumseaman
  • Cool 9
  • Boring 3

[A-I-M]
Members
3,013 posts
22,051 battles

when the first line breaks your credulity

Image result for robert downey eye roll gif

• Boring 3

[WPORT]
Members
5,459 posts
10,494 battles
22 minutes ago, Sumseaman said:

CVs seem to be quite balanced now...with the exception of Enterprise. Damage done was low but it's still a great credit generator.

CV fans enjoy.....CV haters please look away or spam your favourite emoji be it bored or angry.

A desperately fought action!  :-D
And entertaining!  :-)

Congratulations.  Thanks for sharing.  :-)

• Funny 1

[IRNBN]
Members
3,372 posts
9,776 battles

Enterprise is the only CV I ever play, for good reason.

[WOLF6]
Members
1,849 posts
5,553 battles
9 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

A desperately fought action!  :-D
And entertaining!  :-)

Congratulations.  Thanks for sharing.  :-)

Cheers.

I believe I ate 4 reports for this match, wouldn't be surprised if one was from the Amalfi...

• Funny 1

[WOLF6]
Members
1,849 posts
5,553 battles
7 hours ago, So_lt_Goes said:

Enterprise is the only CV I ever play, for good reason.

Hahaha. Well worth a watch there!

[WOLF3]
Members
27,053 posts
23,842 battles

As soon as I saw it was 1-on-1 with a CA, I knew the CA was in big trouble.  Enterprise's AP Dive Bombers eat CAs for breakfast.  First pass with the AP DBs, Amalfi went from 42k -> 25k.

No room to maneuver in between those islands, mediocre AA, and ITA Cruisers eventually having quite long hulls and being bulky a.f., which is very ideal in ensuring the AP bombs arm for Pens / Citadels instead of Overpens, it's hard to ask for a better Cruiser target for Enterprise than ITA CAs.

I appreciate the red CV trying to help Amalfi against Enterprise, but it's one of those ROFLSTOMP matches.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway
  • Boring 1

[--K--]
[--K--]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
2,378 posts
9,734 battles
10 hours ago, Sumseaman said:

DISCLAIMER : THE FOLLOWING CONTENT CONTAINS IMAGES THAT CV HATERS MIGHT FIND DISTRESSING OR OFFENSIVE.

e9d.jpg

[WOLF6]
Members
1,849 posts
5,553 battles
33 minutes ago, CaliburxZero said:

e9d.jpg

Cheers for the bored emoji! It's all in good fun...

Yes I do no you're not a fan. You told me so when your Zao was on the receiving end of some Audacious strikes...

Edited by Sumseaman

[INTEL]
Members
13,055 posts
36,014 battles

I dont understand why you bothered to post this. There's no achievement here, because there's no risk.

It's impossible for me to understand how anyone can enjoy being the CV -- killing ships that can do nothing to stop you at no risk to yourself -- and I certainly sympathize for the poor Amalfi driver, who came for fun and got screwed by the devs.

Maybe I'll post the Kraken I got last week in Okt R. I actually earned it. You know, by putting my ship out there in front of red ships.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 2

[WOLF3]
Members
27,053 posts
23,842 battles
13 minutes ago, Taichunger said:

I dont understand why you bothered to post this. There's no achievement here, because there's no risk.

It's impossible for me to understand how anyone can enjoy being the CV -- killing ships that can do nothing to stop you at no risk to yourself -- and I certainly sympathize for the poor Amalfi driver, who came for fun and got screwed by the devs.

Maybe I'll post the Kraken I got last week in Okt R. I actually earned it. You know, by putting my ship out there in front of red ships.

It was in brawling range, even torpedoes were in play by the reds, and the SAP would work against Enterprise in this engagement bracket.  The problem is offensively, Enterprise's arsenal is way better against this specific kind of target:

Clumsy, large CA that maneuvers like sh*t in the ranges involved here, the size and armor that ensures AP Bombs arm for Pens / Citadels and not just mere Overpens.

Feel free to post up the Kraken Okt.Reb. game and get some pats on the back.

[WOLF6]
Members
1,849 posts
5,553 battles
1 hour ago, Taichunger said:

Sorry I did include a disclaimer! :Smile_teethhappy:

No risk huh? I suppose you didn't notice around 70% of my HP going bye byes.

I'll certainly admit I got lucky with the fires. 

Edited by Sumseaman

[BONKS]
Members
1,495 posts
50 battles

Sorry to rain on your parade but that was a gifted kill. During the entire video the Amalfi literally only shot at you three times, probably due to "MUH TORPS"-syndrome. If he had simply kept using his main battery he would've killed you as you were giving way too much broadside throughout the fight.

Next time run away in a straight line while cycling planes to minimize damage and don't make weird rudder movements. At that range even the biggest potatoes will be hard pressed to miss and you're certainly not agile enough to throw their aim off. Torpedoes are also more unlikely to hit you when you're just running away.
Or even better, don't get caught out in the first place. As a CV you have the best scouting capabilities in the game, use them and the minimap to position accordingly.

Also if you're planning on making more videos, do note that in a replay you can change your view to the player's perspective by clicking LMB. That way people can actually see what is going on and not just admire the scenery. ;)

• Cool 1

[WOLF6]
Members
1,849 posts
5,553 battles
20 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

Sorry to rain on your parade but that was a gifted kill. During the entire video the Amalfi literally only shot at you three times, probably due to "MUH TORPS"-syndrome. If he had simply kept using his main battery he would've killed you as you were giving way too much broadside throughout the fight.

Next time run away in a straight line while cycling planes to minimize damage and don't make weird rudder movements. At that range even the biggest potatoes will be hard pressed to miss and you're certainly not agile enough to throw their aim off. Torpedoes are also more unlikely to hit you when you're just running away.
Or even better, don't get caught out in the first place. As a CV you have the best scouting capabilities in the game, use them and the minimap to position accordingly.

Also if you're planning on making more videos, do note that in a replay you can change your view to the player's perspective by clicking LMB. That way people can actually see what is going on and not just admire the scenery. ;)

Yes youre right I should have been tracking north and the Amalfi probably panicked from being under air attack. The carrier autopilot was neglected. I don't really claim that particular kill to be much more than luck. The previous 4 were better examples though it seemed dramatic to Kraken on a brawl. The camera angles were purely for cinematic effect.

Good points though.

[RKLES]
Members
807 posts

This was not a hard fought battle, you should have been killed by that cruiser well before you got him.

You survived because he failed to  kill you .

And yes I dislike CV's with a passion.

• Cool 1

[S0L0]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
4,444 posts
6,499 battles

CV shouldn't ever really  win that engagement...  Two mistakes made...your's by ever letting it get that close to you without reason..unless Graf Z...  two that mess of an Amalfi giving up any reasonable position or ability to dodge your attacks to fire its torps?    This is probably something that WG needs to address.. because in CVs I win that close range engagement a lot more time than I think I should when something breaks free and gets close.. The only ship I really fear when that happens is BBs.   Of course it always helps that red players in CL/CA or DDs tend to lose their mind when they get that close to CV and stop even trying to avoid airstrikes and of course as in this case the ever common overuse of torps when guns can work from any position...   But fun one nonetheless... 

Sign in to follow this