You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Lert

My apologies to my teammate in the destroyer

16 comments in this topic

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
24,142 posts
18,994 battles

Sorry, didn't get your name. Was too pissed off after it happened and rage quit.

I was in my Smolensk and let loose a salvo of torpedoes, believing my teammate in front of me was heading away from me instead of towards me. They hit and sunk him, the reflected team damage kicked in and killed me. We lost that match.

Completely my fault, I should've paid more attention.

• Cool 9
  • Funny 1
  • Confused 1
  • Boring 1

[PHD]
Members
1,512 posts
6,444 battles

It happens.

I  waited for a BB to pass the Red BB before I launched my Furutaka's torps and the BB somehow did a 180 and took my torps. I didn't see it because the red BB finished me just after I launched. 

It was some time ago in PvE. 

Oh, by the way,  it wasn't me in your match. 

• Cool 2

[NGA]
Members
128 posts
7,255 battles

Its good to see someone take responsibility and also to know that players with a lot more experience still make mistakes

[WOLFG]
Members
131 posts
9,479 battles

I hate when that happens. That being said, about a year ago I go in a close quarters battle against an Atago and Tirpitz. I was between them and it was a torpedo soup: the missed me and killed each other with a combination of team damage that was also reflected. It was so unexpected as I was convinced I would die, but ended up taking the cap. Still one of the two or three funniest things I’ve seen in the game.

[IRNBN]
Members
3,377 posts
9,793 battles
16 minutes ago, Lert said:

Sorry, didn't get your name. Was too pissed off after it happened and rage quit.

I was in my Smolensk and let loose a salvo of torpedoes, believing my teammate in front of me was heading away from me instead of towards me. They hit and sunk him, the reflected team damage kicked in and killed me. We lost that match.

Ship happens.

Kudos for (1) owning it, (2) apologizing, and (3) not raging and screeching like a dyspeptic hyena all over the forums about stupid teammates and unfair TK rules. :Smile_great:

• Cool 3

[VCRUZ]
Members
4,049 posts
9,180 battles

Dont apologize. It was his fault, he got in front of your torpedoes. :Smile_trollface:

The last time i did something like this, i was playing a DD and trying to help a allied BB before he was killed, one torp hit his bow, it wasnt enough to kill him but cost a lot of Hp and die after to enemy fire. I sent him a PM after the battle apologizing.

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
2,215 posts
21,419 battles
58 minutes ago, Lert said:

1614348319_tenor(6).gif.2a56efc61461f10aba58d520a96a102a.gif

[PHD]
Members
1,512 posts
6,444 battles

This made me think of a poll to put on the forum, " Who who uses a ship with torpedoes has never torped a teammate. " Even the bots, including the ones on my team, do it.

[CK5]
Members
1,373 posts
14,328 battles

I never worry about TK damage if the TK'er says "sorry".  It's the ones who pretend that it never happened that irritate me.  

[WOLF6]
Members
1,849 posts
5,553 battles

Stick to the Friesland @Lert It doesn't have torps.. :Smile_veryhappy: +1 

Edited by Sumseaman
  • Funny 2

Members
1,434 posts
17,129 battles

It's that rage at myself for doing something completely stupid that motivates me not to do it again. It works far better than anything that can be said in chat.:Smile_child:

[TRU]
Members
602 posts
18,247 battles
1 hour ago, Lert said:

Check the replay!  

A while back a friendly cruiser did the same thing to me.  He messaged me a day later and gifted me 500 doubloons and apologized.  I was duly impressed, and I decided to follow the example.  

[PVE]
Members
19,848 posts
12,024 battles
1 hour ago, Lert said:

Last night, going for a yolo on the bot NC and at 2km loosed the torps. The bot NC died to a massive salvo from the player NC on the other side of the bot NC right after I launched. 

You guess it, the bot NC stopped dead and my torps which I thought would catch the still moving bot NC, got the player NC instead. Brilliant move on my part to shoot torps with a player on the other side of the target.

Completely my fault.

[WOLFG]
Members
9,599 posts
8,582 battles
25 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

Last night, going for a yolo on the bot NC and at 2km loosed the torps. The bot NC died to a massive salvo from the player NC on the other side of the bot NC right after I launched. 

You guess it, the bot NC stopped dead and my torps which I thought would catch the still moving bot NC, got the player NC instead. Brilliant move on my part to shoot torps with a player on the other side of the target.

Completely my fault.

Happened to me before (and I've done it before).

Members
60 posts
5,044 battles

I've accidently hit, and even sunk ships (once next to me with a volley, and once with torps) on my team. I always try to apologize. I apologize if I accidently steer into someone (I'm not the greatest player).  What I don't like are players who intentionally fire on you when you're not playing "their idea" of strategy in the game. Complaining to WofW is about as productive as asking your Sister out on a date.