You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
AP514

FIX CV PLAY

22 comments in this topic

[GOATS]
Members
30 posts
9,011 battles

Well, Maybe the 4th time will be the Charm......CV need REWORK  badly

LvL 8  CV  vs 9-10 AAA......

LvL 9 DD took out my Whole Squad in 1 AAA firing..Really 1  burst and every plane was gone......

When a DD can kill the Whole Flight of Planes in 1  shot...The Game is Broken.

Fix the AA or make planes a bit tougher...

AP514

Edited by AP514
spelling error
  • Cool 2

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
14,093 posts
19,199 battles

SOLUTION: Remove CV .... Rework complete! ENJOY!!

• Funny 1

[NWOC]
[NWOC]
Members
1,016 posts
12,315 battles
52 minutes ago, Umikami said:

SOLUTION: Remove DD players who cannot change their tactics.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

Members
324 posts
3 hours ago, AP514 said:

LvL 9 DD took out my Whole Squad in 1 AAA firing..Really 1  bust and every plane was gone......

CV play is still AFU......When a DD can kill the Whole Flight of Planes in 1  shot...The Game is Broken.

Fix the AAA or make planes a bit tougher...

AP514

I am a CV player just like you...and I do NOT think that CVs need a buff.  

The ONLY Cvs that I would argue could use a buff would be Tier X CVs, as the AA of Teir X BBs, CLs, CAsis pretty strong.  

Tier IV CVs I think need to be nerfed. While Tier VI CVs and Tier VIII CVs are just about right where they are at the moment.  

1 hour ago, Umikami said:

Never going to happen.  No matter how hard you try to wish for it..... WG has put too much effort in designing the CVs and implementing them into the game to take them away now.  

• Cool 1

Members
18 posts
3,710 battles
22 hours ago, Umikami said:

ok well remove a naval vessel that's essential to naval battles 

wait then we need to remove cruisers battle ships and destroyers too since they are real naval vessels oh wait then there is nothing left to play

how about we make AA less laser accurate and OP

case in point do an attack run on a Worcester shooting you at 7km away + a minotaur and let me see you get in 1 attack press f key and see any planes return

lets talk about how a DD can sit in smoke with AA on shoot you non stop and never become visible for anyone let alone your own planes

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
14,093 posts
19,199 battles
2 hours ago, RL74 said:

There have been many, many, many matches played in this game where there wasn't a CV involved; they all seem to have gone just fine. Essential to WHO?

2 hours ago, RL74 said:

How about first we make it work and actually shoot down planes? You know, like it used to in RTS!

2 hours ago, RL74 said:

case in point do an attack run on a Worcester shooting you at 7km away + a minotaur and let me see you get in 1 attack press f key and see any planes return

Believe it or not, if you do stupid things in regular ships you get scuffed up too; learn not to do stupid things!

2 hours ago, RL74 said:

lets talk about how a DD can sit in smoke with AA on shoot you non stop and never become visible for anyone let alone your own planes

And then we can talk about how, no matter how many of those planes you lose, eternal regeneration will still give you full squadrons throughout the match.

Quit crying, and quit begging!

• Cool 1

[RATAS]
Beta Testers
211 posts
9,895 battles

CV's are broken and have been broken from the beginning.

• Cool 3

[HOPAS]
Members
1 post
10,121 battles

T10 CVs are almost unplayable now. I used to be able to contribute. Since the last patch, I might get one run and then the squadron is destroyed. 

Whatever nerf they put on CVs or buff they put on AA needs to be balanced back the other way a bit. 

[SALVO]
Beta Testers
555 posts
20,372 battles
On 3/16/2020 at 8:18 PM, ZeWolf77 said:

T10 CVs are almost unplayable now. I used to be able to contribute. Since the last patch, I might get one run and then the squadron is destroyed. 

Whatever nerf they put on CVs or buff they put on AA needs to be balanced back the other way a bit. 

If you buff T10 CVS, they will be even more OP in a tier 8 game. The problem with CV is that it is impossible to balance as they are OP in their tier but weak when uptiered. So, the best thing is to remove them from the game.

[SALVO]
Beta Testers
555 posts
20,372 battles
On 3/15/2020 at 7:39 PM, RL74 said:

wait then we need to remove cruisers battle ships and destroyers too since they are real naval vessels oh wait then there is nothing left to play

As said many times, CV is what made BBs obsolete in real life. By WWII, BBs were already obsoleted. When you think that those crappy WWI Swordfish torpedo bombers were able to disable the glorious Bismarck (and Bismarck not being able shoot down a single Swordfish), you know how OP CVs were in real life. In this game, surface ships are fighting against the planes of the CVs, not against the CV themselves. But the name of the game is World of Warships, not World of Warplanes. Imagine a game about swordplay, and you decide to bring guns to the game. One might argue that is what happen in real life. But does that ruin the game? the answer is yes.

[SOV]
Members
4,621 posts
On 3/15/2020 at 12:01 AM, Umikami said:

Your so filled with hate and its disgusting.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
14,093 posts
19,199 battles
11 minutes ago, jags_domain said:

Your so filled with hate and its disgusting.

Poor baby, don't you know if you had a life of your own you wouldn't have to worry about mine?

[SOV]
Members
4,621 posts
On 3/15/2020 at 1:09 AM, Ciryandil said:

I am a CV player just like you...and I do NOT think that CVs need a buff.  

The ONLY Cvs that I would argue could use a buff would be Tier X CVs, as the AA of Teir X BBs, CLs, CAsis pretty strong.  

Tier IV CVs I think need to be nerfed. While Tier VI CVs and Tier VIII CVs are just about right where they are at the moment.  

Never going to happen.  No matter how hard you try to wish for it..... WG has put too much effort in designing the CVs and implementing them into the game to take them away now.  

I would add that not every ship needs a fighter.  The Mass has a fighter.

ThebIS line is in great shape, ijn  maybe, the brits need help.  I am regrinding my brit line and the bombs don't really work and the planes are week.

• Cool 1

[SOV]
Members
4,621 posts
35 minutes ago, Umikami said:

Poor baby, don't you know if you had a life of your own you wouldn't have to worry about mine?

Mine is fine but you have to be the most angry decreased person you need to just stop

• Cool 1

[SOV]
Members
4,621 posts
On 3/14/2020 at 10:03 PM, AP514 said:

LvL 9 DD took out my Whole Squad in 1 AAA firing..Really 1  bust and every plane was gone......

AP514

The idea that you can make 3 runs is impossable. One run is about all you get and you lose all your planes.

Its the equilavant of having your guns reload 1 time every 1 or 2 min.

But trying get hayers to unserstand is impossably stupid.

• Cool 1

[SOV]
Members
4,621 posts
On 3/15/2020 at 12:56 AM, Gruntdog_3 said:

SOLUTION: Remove DD players who cannot change their tactics.

Yep!!! They charge in die in 3 min then go on the forums to complan. DD players have been itching for years now and its way past old.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
14,093 posts
19,199 battles
3 hours ago, jags_domain said:

Mine is fine but you have to be the most angry decreased person you need to just stop

Again, worrying about my life; why don't you just take care of you and leave me to take care of me.

[TSG4]
[TSG4]
Beta Testers
10 posts
9,431 battles
On 3/14/2020 at 10:03 PM, AP514 said:

AP514

Just the opposite issue playing in my Tier 8dd and just got killed by 1 squadron of Midway planes, with CA support  fun and engaging, not even dev striked straight up killed in 3 passes.   only got to see 2 ships and fire 2 volleys before I was dead nothing I could have done.  

[RATAS]
Beta Testers
211 posts
9,895 battles

CV's are broken when a pair of AA ships are ineffective against a single squadron. Try playing a DD in a ranked battle right now. Nothing but trolls in Midways. CV's are broken and will never get fixed. Now they are adding additional OP Russian biased ships and submarines. All of that proves WG has lost touch with its own game.

• Cool 1

[GOATS]
Members
30 posts
9,011 battles
On 3/18/2020 at 5:32 PM, Umikami said:

Again, worrying about my life; why don't you just take care of you and leave me to take care of me.

and your a BETA TESTER... No wonder nothing ever gets fixed in this game.   They listen to guys like you.

A Floating Scale (based on the Tier game you are in)would fix a lot of the CV Balance issues.

Edited by AP514
not nice thing to say

[WORX]
Members
10,631 posts
18,539 battles
1 minute ago, AP514 said:

and your a BETA TESTER... No wonder nothing ever gets fixed in this game.

He has nothing to do with it... A "Beta Tester" is a player that was with WOWS since its beta beginnings...

As a reward, they get the "Beta tester" plastered everywhere AND the Ark Beta ship... Other then that, they have no say or sway on policy or direction of WOWS what so ever...

CCs who have early test ships (some never make it to PTS)  before PTS server guys, they dont even have say as to the policy or direction.

This is a Management suits problem... It has nothing to do with testers at all.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
14,093 posts
19,199 battles
7 hours ago, AP514 said:

and your a BETA TESTER... No wonder nothing ever gets fixed in this game.   They listen to guys like you.

A Floating Scale (based on the Tier game you are in)would fix a lot of the CV Balance issues.

Your post is a perfect example of an old saying of mine: "NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF HUMAN STUPIDITY." You obviously don't have a clue as to what you're talking about, and instead of knowledge you have substituted a foaming at the mouth, ranting off the rails, screaming at the top of your lungs non-stop group of opinions, none of which come within a country mile of impacting on reality. Hop on that floating scale and float your happy little self right on out of here.