You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
tm63au

Tier 10 BB's And Two Brothers

12 comments in this topic

[POP]
Members
2,842 posts
22,732 battles

Its been on my mind for a while since some of the ambitious players like to drive down the channel for one reason or another.

So has anybody tried sailing a Tier 10 BB down the channel whether in the training room, Random or Coop to see if it can be done.

Some of those suckers are quite long and wide.   

[SACH]
[SACH]
Members
989 posts

Hmm never done that in my GK but is two brothers even available at T10?

I can't remember .

[RKLES]
Members
12,551 posts
14,267 battles

I think I have done the channel on Yamato, but if you have watched Wargaming’s recent warships size comparison video there are several warships longer than Yamato that could be questionable in making that passage. And some of the absolute longest ships in the game I do not possess at the moment.

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,977 posts
20,681 battles
21 minutes ago, Versili said:

I can't remember .

3 Republique's and we won..

• Cool 2

[WOLF5]
Supertester
4,097 posts
4,081 battles
1 hour ago, Versili said:

I can't remember .

You see it in T10. I've taken the GA down it with speed boost, if that can make it the I'm guessing most ships can. I think the CCs have done training battles where they take GKs down that channel for secondary memes, so pretty sure it can fit. A Midway might be problematic though.

• Cool 1

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
14,078 posts
19,197 battles
2 hours ago, tm63au said:

So has anybody tried sailing a Tier 10 BB down the channel whether in the training room, Random or Coop to see if it can be done.

It's not whether it can be done; it's whether it can be done SUCCESSFULLY!

• Cool 1

[HSD]
Members
703 posts
12,349 battles

Coop is very different in play style so I have seen it happen semi-frequently and work because bots.

As for Randoms, early game pretty much suicide. There is merit to it late game depending on specific factors and context.

So yeah T10 BBs can do it, and navigate it quite easily, it is just what the opposing team does that usually causes the biggest point of failure.

• Cool 1

[WOLF3]
Members
26,992 posts
23,790 battles

Going down mid in Two Brothers typically ends in disaster.  It needs surprise and good timing.  But that goes out the window in a CV game, and guys still tried it and, surprise, surprise, get spotted early and a welcoming committee is there to greet them.

Anyways, a Tier X BB can easily go down there.  It's just there's next to no room for maneuver for any BB in that channel.

[NGA]
Members
1,984 posts
11,722 battles
1 hour ago, AJTP89 said:

You see it in T10. I've taken the GA down it with speed boost, if that can make it the I'm guessing most ships can. I think the CCs have done training battles where they take GKs down that channel for secondary memes, so pretty sure it can fit. A Midway might be problematic though.

I'll have to try it after CVs are reverted to their RTS format. Until then, I'm saving my tolerance for that game mode so that I can get all my snowflakes without becoming too pissed off.

[CDOH]
Members
376 posts
6,854 battles

A bb down the middle is very powerful. However it needs a cruiser or dd for torp spotting and preferably smoke or radar.  The trick is to never push out of the channel while pulling enemy ships back to spawn.  Use the elbow of the channel to dodge torps waiting for opportunity.  The hard part is convincing the lemmings not to come, as most don't know how to play the middle channel. 

[USCGC]
[USCGC]
Members
805 posts
7,168 battles

I’ve driven down the channel while under speed boost in my Georgia, without running aground. 

It was late match and I needed to get to the other side quickly. I was close enough that I decided to go for it instead of going around the islands. Though uneventful, was a bit of a thrill driving such a large ship at high speed through the narrow channel. 

Edited by Diesel_Thunder