You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
kishan99

How to Citadel Puerto Rico?

19 comments in this topic

[DUD]
Members
706 posts
2,470 battles

Hey there,

I was wondering where the citadel is located on the PR.  I can not ever seem to hit it.   Is there a way I can look at the armor profile of the ship like this, even if I don't own it?   Like how I can see armor profile of other tech tree ships I don't own but it seems I cannot see premium ships

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,994 posts
20,747 battles

Below waterline about 3 feet.

Extends from rear turret to front turret.

Almost impossible to pen.

[SYN]
Members
15,862 posts
12,803 battles

there's a mod that allows you to see all ships in the game. I forgot the name of it.

Members
6,621 posts
20,679 battles

Ask him how much he spent and what his win rate is.

Citadel to the heart.

• Boring 1

Alpha Tester
4,287 posts
6,522 battles

You basically can't. It's submerged and internal, similar to the citadels that UK battleships had before they were nerfed. It is 100% impossible with any gun smaller than 280mm, as you need 19mm overmatch to go through the citadel roof. Even if you have that, and your gun has the pen and hits at a decent angle to get some angle of fall, the target zone is very small and right at the waterline.

[-AHOY]
Members
256 posts
7,313 battles
1 hour ago, dEsTurbed1 said:

Below waterline about 3 feet.

Extends from rear turret to front turret.

Almost impossible to pen.

48 minutes ago, Aetreus said:

You basically can't. It's submerged and internal, similar to the citadels that UK battleships had before they were nerfed. It is 100% impossible with any gun smaller than 280mm, as you need 19mm overmatch to go through the citadel roof. Even if you have that, and your gun has the pen and hits at a decent angle to get some angle of fall, the target zone is very small and right at the waterline.

so much fake info and I personally own PR and I citadeled other PRs. They are easy to citadel in certain circumstances, way easier than GK and some other German ships with magical turtlebacks. As mentioned in the post above, you can do that with plunging fire from the range. The range depends on the ballistics of your ship, but it's usually 15-20+km range. It becomes only impossible at close range.

[-BRF-]
Beta Testers
54 posts
4,106 battles
1 hour ago, Aetreus said:

It is not 100% impossible, maybe 99%. I managed to score a hit with a Moskva. It was during the last CB, in less than 10km. The projectile hit below one of the front turrets.

Members
9 posts
3,052 battles

I have never done it, but a few of the guys in my clan said they always try to aim at the water line in between the rear turrets. They said its the easy place to citadel the PR. 

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
5,994 posts
20,747 battles
1 hour ago, Banished_Privateer said:

so much fake info and I personally own PR and I citadeled other PRs. They are easy to citadel in certain circumstances, way easier than GK and some other German ships with magical turtlebacks. As mentioned in the post above, you can do that with plunging fire from the range. The range depends on the ballistics of your ship, but it's usually 15-20+km range. It becomes only impossible at close range.

I stand by my post.

95% of players aim at waterline to try to get a citadel. 

Plunging fire requires a different aiming point that most players don't do.

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
5,994 posts
20,747 battles
2 hours ago, Waxing_Gibbous said:

Ask him how much he spent and what his win rate is.

Citadel to the heart.

I spent $74.00 no gold boosters.

[DUD]
Members
706 posts
2,470 battles

Oh I see.   I have been trying to aim at it as if it was an Alaska and aim at the waterline which doesn't work since I usually with 12km.    Now I understand that you need to be father away and have the shells basically arc down.   Man... this kinda sucks to be another ship lol...

Since I don't want to make another post, how do I Citadel a Gk or battleships with that turtleback scheme.  I have yet to citadel a GK but I usually average 18k+ volleys on them.   Is there a special angle and position you need to aim to citadel?  Distance so the shells arc?   

[R-R-R]
Members
1,062 posts
10,409 battles

Her citadel is lower than Alaska's. It is kinda like the old Conqueror's citadel, well below waterline.

[PVE]
Members
11,863 posts
24,570 battles
2 hours ago, kishan99 said:

Since I don't want to make another post, how do I Citadel a Gk or battleships with that turtleback scheme.  I have yet to citadel a GK but I usually average 18k+ volleys on them.   Is there a special angle and position you need to aim to citadel?  Distance so the shells arc?   

This does work if you can get the angle right.

[WOLFG]
Members
553 posts
12,688 battles
7 hours ago, dEsTurbed1 said:

I spent $74.00 no gold boosters.

Curious how you spent $74 without gold boosters?  25k doubloons is more than $74 and 15k was only $60.  I spent a total of $60 since I was able to get to phase 30 before the time ran out in the game. And I bought no doubloon boosters.

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
5,994 posts
20,747 battles
1 hour ago, Colonel_Potter said:

Curious how you spent $74 without gold boosters?  25k doubloons is more than $74 and 15k was only $60.  I spent a total of $60 since I was able to get to phase 30 before the time ran out in the game. And I bought no doubloon boosters.

12,500 dubs were on sale for $47. I bought 2 of them for 25k dubs. 

[-AHOY]
Members
256 posts
7,313 battles
9 hours ago, dEsTurbed1 said:

I stand by my post.

95% of players aim at waterline to try to get a citadel.

Yes, and 95% of players are potatoes. I stand by my post. 

[WOLFC]
Members
1,887 posts
9,966 battles
2 hours ago, Banished_Privateer said:

Yes, and 95% of players are potatoes. I stand by my post. 

I am a flying potato

And I approve this message.

• Funny 1