You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Frigate007

Visby

28 comments in this topic

[GOBI]
Members
1,087 posts
4,916 battles

Got her, good looking DD. Having fun so far, I play it somewhere between a DD and a cruiser. Good DD killer. Anyone else have her?

• Cool 2

[RLGN]
Members
16,225 posts
28,105 battles

Think I’ve seen it a ‘few’ times in both PvP and PvE.

Don’t have it myself though.

Edited by Estimated_Prophet

[SYN]
Members
3,775 posts
25,286 battles

It's a very strong T5 DD, and very useful around caps.

BBs have nothing to fear from it but cruisers and particularly  DDs need to treat it with care.

[ARGSY]
Members
10,326 posts
16,182 battles

took a few match to figure it out, but lots of fun.     good AA and   spammy low dmg torps.   (I did kill a CV  on this one, but also had 9 hit on earlier match as well)

shot-20.03.14_20.14.14-0446.jpg

• Cool 1

[CYNIC]
Members
578 posts
35,665 battles

It's crap Gets outspotted and outgunned by most T5 DDs Good AA ? what are you playing against T4 CVs?  Try against a T6  you get eaten alive . Great job WG you introduce a DD line that is food for the CVs as you haven't eliminated the rocket planes that never should have been brought into the game in the first place . There is no hiding or dodging capable of getting away from  rocket planes esp if you have no smoke . This is a dead line from the start . 

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Members
46 posts
4,798 battles

Just love this little beauty, but as has been said before against CV:s especially 2 CV:s in enemy team its a disaster to play this DD.......so run forrest run is my honest advice in that situation ;-), but i really love the cammo that i got after gettin the 7500xp done niiiiceeee !

Members
46 posts
4,798 battles
On 3/15/2020 at 1:10 AM, Frigate007 said:

Got her, good looking DD. Having fun so far, I play it somewhere between a DD and a cruiser. Good DD killer. Anyone else have her?

Yeah enjoying her alot, think i will continue to grind these swedes ;-)

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
10,326 posts
16,182 battles

only played 8 match to get 7500 base xp, but   it really isn't that bad.  those 17 plane kills  were from   a ranger.       it takes bit of skill, but definitely capable DD.      it is freaking t5, so lot of potatoes to farm off of unless you are one yourself.   

Visby   Visby 5 Europe 8 75% 2 730 31 504 1.5 3.88 Details

[46856]
Beta Testers
1 post
6,995 battles

I've noticed and odd thing with her, she has 2 different reload speeds for the guns. Her twin mounts are 7.5 seconds as listed, but her single mount is like 6 seconds, and that's not reflected in port. 

Members
4,479 posts
19,839 battles

I picked up this puppy today and have been running her in Co-Op. After getting used to no smoke she's actually fun to play but I would never use her in Randoms due to no smoke and weak torpedoes. The heals dont make up for the lack of smoke.

What were the WG devs and managers thinking when they decided that DDs without smoke would be a good thing? These might be the same folks who presented us with the unneeded and unwanted IFHE nerf.

[DOINK]
[DOINK]
Members
41 posts
15,770 battles

Weak HE. Too many over pens with AP. Weak Torps. Two different reload speeds for guns. No smoke. I don't see why anybody likes this ship. It's crap compared to other same tier DD's. Would make a lovely addition to Tier IV.

Edited by ScortLX

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
5,079 posts
19,484 battles
On 3/14/2020 at 7:10 PM, Frigate007 said:

I just picked it up the other day. I like the little boat. I think I like it better than the French smokeless DD's because it forces me to be more mini map aware (something I have GOT to get better at) yet have better AA in case of planes. I LOVE the fast torpedo's. They are a little light on the damage side but are so fast, and reload fast as well.

visby.png

[SIM]
Members
1,706 posts

Have not picked up any of these new DDs yet. Am just waiting to see how much tokens i can get before i actually pick one up.

[UNC]
Members
952 posts
6,409 battles

Only six games in it so far, and it hasn't really clicked for me.  Only won one game of the six, the other 5 were all blowouts but one which was an 80k damage loss.  Teams lately just seem to be worse than ever.  Finished a directive and got enough tokens to unlock Vasteras.  Played two games, first was a 0 damage game where I got focused and shat on by a Ranger; second was a 40k win.  With no smoke I think the mid tier P-E DDs are going to struggle in CV games as they don't have sufficient AA to even make CVs think about it, and rockets will just annihilate you with your smaller health pool.  I suspect this will be another line - much like the Italian and RN CAs - that is very meh until top tier.

Low health pool, mediocre concealment, long-ish gun reload, low damage torps... its an interesting mix of features for sure, I'm just not sure they can do anything another line can't already do better.

[GPORT]
Members
246 posts
14,320 battles

Mostly I've played mine in co-op . From what I have seen , it makes a good PT boat . No point in turning AA off to hide cause planes take a bead on you from the moment they take off from the carrier , never mind how far they have to travel to get to you . Other than that she is fast and almost turns on a dime . Slap a speed flag on it and run n gun like the wind .

Members
324 posts
On 3/14/2020 at 5:10 PM, Frigate007 said:

I do have her.  And I do enjoy playing her.   

I also has the Siroco so I would consider both Siroco and Visby as the same play style.  

One thing that I noticed about Visby is that her single gun turret (the one right in front of the twin-gun rear turret) reloads FASTER than the other two twin-gun turrents.   Since it is only a single-gun turrent, it makes sense that this would be the case, but it does make it a bit weird to me when I try to fire all the guns simultaneously again and again.   But it is a minor annoyance that in inconsequencial all things considered:  Visby is still easy to handle.  She turns well on the rudder, has great base speed (even better with her Speed Boost), and her torpedoes are fast as hell, with a great reload time.  

Her Repair Party is okay.....you are NOT going to be healing much with her, but hey, it does give your a bit more ability to survive.   It is just that you are not going to be getting Dreadnought achievements with the Repair Party.   (if there is ANYONE of you who HAS earned the Dreadnought achievement with Visby, do please show me the screenshot of the battle results!) 

[UNC]
Members
952 posts
6,409 battles

Pretty sure I saw in the test server patch notes that the reload discrepancy was a bug and would be fixed. 

[BUNNY]
[BUNNY]
Members
1 post
7,042 battles

I've played these European DDs exclusively since I got home yesterday. Besides the torpedoes, the European DDs are incredibly mediocre for the current role dds have in the game.

The Meh: Gun range. Gun alpha damage. Ok fire starting ability. Middling concealment. Middling agility. Low-to mid level straight line speed. AA is Ok but it's insufficient to ward off strikes, much less to adequately get rid of fighters in a timely order.

The Problem: 

Base health is between the lowest and third lowest when compared to all other tech tree destroyers. At tier 6 the Guepard almost doubles the base HP of the upgraded Visby. 

The heal is a good mitigating factor to the low hp but the low overall damage from guns makes it hard to survive a dd brawl in the opening parts of the game. The heal might help you scrape through it, or recover after it, but it is not as good a tool for ensuring survival as it needs to be to enable these ships to consistently knife fight. 

What they're good at:

1) Screening enemy dds and torpedoes for your cruisers. Drawing fire for your broadsiding support that's actually doing the dpm. The Ostergotland is actually pretty tanky in most kiting situations where it draws fire while turning away from an enemy that's starting a push. Your AA is just enough to be good support and can regularly limit carriers to 1 full strike if they're concerned about losses. 

2) Knife fighting when retaking/defending caps or kiting to draw out the match. If you know your enemy is already injured and you can plan a route for disengaging, then they're good for capping after the 10 minute mark of the game. Anything before that and your enemy almost certainly has enough health and support to outlast you. This is largely the result of the excellent torpedoes that regularly force your enemy to reassess their push. They're great for forcing enemy cruisers to broadside your BBs and for getting people to use damage control on a flood. 

What they need:

A tool that makes them useful at the start of the match. I think 10-15% more baseline HP would be a sufficient improvement. They have around 25% less hp than the Soviet DDs at the point when Soviets get access to the Repair Party heal. They have upwards of 80% less hp than comparable DDs at other tiers. Just addressing higher tiers, is 25% less base HP really an adequate trade off for guaranteed access to a heal, concealment, and better AA? It's not quite sufficient for me as of yet. Maybe this will improve as I get closer to a 19 point European captain with better traits than just SE and CE.

• Cool 1

[DVYJC]
Members
4,252 posts
10,892 battles
On 3/19/2020 at 1:06 AM, ReddNekk said:

I picked up this puppy today and have been running her in Co-Op. After getting used to no smoke she's actually fun to play but I would never use her in Randoms due to no smoke and weak torpedoes. The heals dont make up for the lack of smoke.

What were the WG devs and managers thinking when they decided that DDs without smoke would be a good thing? These might be the same folks who presented us with the unneeded and unwanted IFHE nerf.

It is way better in Randoms than in Co-op, in my opinion.

[DRHS]
Members
433 posts
20,701 battles

Ok so compared to other nation DD's she has the WORST of both worlds (Gun boat vs torp boat) 

Guns are slow reloading like a torp boat  have meh fire chance and their turret traverse is low tier heavy cruiser speed aka  my 80 y/o grandmother can move faster.

Torps have a good reload  and good range, but absymal damage................(forrest Gump Impersionation) and that's all I've got to say about that.

She's fast....... and thats the Good point.

Yeah she has a heal, a whopping 890 hp heal, in general not going to help much if at all. AA is good but AA is not a selling factor so meh on the overall quality of the ship.

She needs a LOT of love I'm forcing myself to play her for the free perm cammo otherwise she's a port queen in a big way. 

Another Ship line fail from WG so far IMO.

[CYNIC]
Members
578 posts
35,665 battles
On 3/23/2020 at 12:14 PM, BarronRichthofen said:

Ok so compared to other nation DD's she has the WORST of both worlds (Gun boat vs torp boat) 

Guns are slow reloading like a torp boat  have meh fire chance and their turret traverse is low tier heavy cruiser speed aka  my 80 y/o grandmother can move faster.

Torps have a good reload  and good range, but absymal damage................(forrest Gump Impersionation) and that's all I've got to say about that.

She's fast....... and thats the Good point.

Yeah she has a heal, a whopping 890 hp heal, in general not going to help much if at all. AA is good but AA is not a selling factor so meh on the overall quality of the ship.

She needs a LOT of love I'm forcing myself to play her for the free perm cammo otherwise she's a port queen in a big way. 

Another Ship line fail from WG so far IMO.

I couldn't agree more This ship has turned me off from the entire line 

[GOBI]
Members
1,087 posts
4,916 battles

I like Visby, great for laughs. At least better than the t6 version. My current favorite in the line is the t7 Skane, just works for me well. I'm not a DD main, mostly cruisers and BB's, but it just works for me.

[DVYJC]
Members
4,252 posts
10,892 battles
2 hours ago, Frigate007 said:

I like Visby, great for laughs. At least better than the t6 version. My current favorite in the line is the t7 Skane, just works for me well. I'm not a DD main, mostly cruisers and BB's, but it just works for me.

I did the best in Skane as well.

[CUDA]
Members
453 posts
8,778 battles

The torps are quite a surprise. I've nailed DD's only to have them survive and put 9 into a New York before it went down (Coop, meh). I think the heal is a complete waste, it should be for double the points or instantaneous to have an effect on the game. Having run the French line up to 9 I can say the no smoke thing is a pain but you don't miss what you never had. At least the French are greyhounds and their torps will put down anything if you can get close enough to hit. I'll probably keep this one because it was free.