Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
EquinoxCB

Just STOP allowing CVs in rank

60 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

75
[PHU]
Members
46 posts
7,965 battles

This is just ridiculous, there is no strategy in CV game. From the first minute of the game you are spotted getting farmed across the map, everyone knows where you are so things like flanking and stealth are out of the equation. I cant even protect my DDs from getting chunked, 3 friendly ships next to him and I pop Def AA and he still gets chunked for 1/4 of his HP. Put the most powerful class in 7v7 ranked mode yet they wont allow them in 7v7 clan battles, I wonder why.

  • Cool 15
  • Funny 2
  • Confused 1
  • Boring 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,537
[PQUOD]
Members
2,386 posts
5,095 battles

Just wait for CB. Bring either a BB or a CV. I wonder how that will play out.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,118
Members
6,858 posts
15,357 battles
6 minutes ago, xalmgrey said:

Just wait for CB. Bring either a BB or a CV. I wonder how that will play out.

And no respecs because since cvs are allowed it's the same meta and since it's the same meta, no one needs to change..... Because there will totally be the same amount of bbs and dds in clan battles. Like, do these people even vet what they say with anyone that can logically think? 

Edited by Ducky_shot
  • Cool 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,651
[SIDE]
Members
4,695 posts

I'm not really having any issues as a DD in ranked with CV at this time. I had to adjust quite a bit for games when they are in line up. Hang back. Accept the fact you aren't most dangerous boat when CV are there. Hang with a strong cruiser or within a few km of a BB for the first few minutes. The CV will strike other targets and in a short time will start running out of planes. Then you can start pushing out more and more only concerned with radar cruisers and DD gunboats. When CV are present you absolutely can't use the same stale old DD playstyles. That said, I find rocket planes a little overpowered. 

Edited by thebigblue
  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,002
[IRNBN]
Members
3,387 posts
9,803 battles
7 minutes ago, Ducky_shot said:

Like, do these people even vet what they say with anyone that can logically think? 

     After the PR PR fiasco you have to ask? :Smile_teethhappy:

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,537
[PQUOD]
Members
2,386 posts
5,095 battles
9 minutes ago, Ducky_shot said:

And no respecs because since cvs are allowed it's the same meta and since it's the same meta, no one needs to change..... Because there will totally be the same amount of bbs and dds in clan battles. Like, do these people even vet what they say with anyone that can logically think? 

I don't think they give two sharts man. They proved this with the whole pay2rico bit. 

Sometimes it feels like they do this stuff just to see how far they can push the community. They know the community hates CV, so after the pay2rico thing its like they are saying "Hold my beer" to who can do the next awful thing to the players.

  • Cool 3
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,118
Members
6,858 posts
15,357 battles
Just now, xalmgrey said:

I don't think they give two sharts man. They proved this with the whole pay2rico bit. 

Sometimes it feels like they do this stuff just to see how far they can push the community. They know the community hates CV, so after the pay2rico thing its like they are saying "Hold my beer" to who can do the next awful thing to the players.

Yeah, They don't give 2 hoots about the community, so why in the world do they try to justify their hogwash with logic, when their logic just makes them look dumb?

Quote

We would also like to mention that there won't be a discount on commander skills redistribution this season. This measure was required in previous seasons so that players could adjust their commanders' skills for battles where aircraft carriers were not a factor.

Why not just say they are ending free respecs and not try to justify it?

  • Cool 2
  • Confused 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
622
[O_O]
Members
673 posts
2 hours ago, EquinoxCB said:

This is just ridiculous, there is no strategy in CV game. From the first minute of the game you are spotted getting farmed across the map, everyone knows where you are so things like flanking and stealth are out of the equation. I cant even protect my DDs from getting chunked, 3 friendly ships next to him and I pop Def AA and he still gets chunked for 1/4 of his HP. Put the most powerful class in 7v7 ranked mode yet they wont allow them in 7v7 clan battles, I wonder why.

The way you deal with CVs is to exit queue when you see one, wait 30s and try again.

I have only played about 13 games so far, but I have faced a CV exactly zero times and I have had a wonderful time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9,273
[SALVO]
Members
24,823 posts
25,896 battles
2 hours ago, TheLastRollOfToiletPaper said:

And no respecs because since cvs are allowed it's the same meta and since it's the same meta, no one needs to change..... Because there will totally be the same amount of bbs and dds in clan battles. Like, do these people even vet what they say with anyone that can logically think? 

You have respecs NOW.  Also, the point of no respecs is that you'd use the same build as you would in randoms knowing that CVs were possible there too.  Clan Battles respecs were allowed from the start because there were NO carriers in CBs, and it was assumed that you might have capt builds the represented your general desired build when CVs were possible.  The same logic applies for the upcoming CBs season.  You MAY see CVs.  And you may not.  So build your captains accordingly, right now.

You are the only person who seems incapable of logical thought here.

  • Boring 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9,273
[SALVO]
Members
24,823 posts
25,896 battles
2 hours ago, xalmgrey said:

I don't think they give two sharts man. They proved this with the whole pay2rico bit. 

Sometimes it feels like they do this stuff just to see how far they can push the community. They know the community hates CV, so after the pay2rico thing its like they are saying "Hold my beer" to who can do the next awful thing to the players.

No, Ducky was correct.  You're just trying to trash WG unjustly here.  

  • Confused 2
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9,273
[SALVO]
Members
24,823 posts
25,896 battles
2 hours ago, TheLastRollOfToiletPaper said:

And no respecs because since cvs are allowed it's the same meta and since it's the same meta, no one needs to change..... Because there will totally be the same amount of bbs and dds in clan battles. Like, do these people even vet what they say with anyone that can logically think? 

Ducky, you pulled a fast one on me, changing your handle mid thread!  LOL.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,118
Members
6,858 posts
15,357 battles
2 minutes ago, Crucis said:

You have respecs NOW.  Also, the point of no respecs is that you'd use the same build as you would in randoms knowing that CVs were possible there too.  Clan Battles respecs were allowed from the start because there were NO carriers in CBs, and it was assumed that you might have capt builds the represented your general desired build when CVs were possible.  The same logic applies for the upcoming CBs season.  You MAY see CVs.  And you may not.  So build your captains accordingly, right now.

You are the only person who seems incapable of logical thought here.

I'm not going to use the same build in CB's now that I would in randoms.... THere won't be any BB's or DD's, so I just have to worry about shooting planes down and shooting at cruisers and will build accordingly

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,537
[PQUOD]
Members
2,386 posts
5,095 battles
4 minutes ago, Crucis said:

No, Ducky was correct.  You're just trying to trash WG unjustly here.  

Unjustly? Hardly. They have earned every bit of spite they get from the players as of current. Don't white knight for them. Doesn't suit you.

Edited by xalmgrey
  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9,273
[SALVO]
Members
24,823 posts
25,896 battles
4 minutes ago, xalmgrey said:

Unjustly? Hardly. They have earned every bit of spite they get from the players as of current. Don't white knight for them. Doesn't suit you.

Don't be a jerk with this white knight bullcrap.  Whenever someone pulls out the white knight nonsense, in my view, they're automatically lost all credibility and have instantly lost the debate.

  • Boring 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,537
[PQUOD]
Members
2,386 posts
5,095 battles
2 minutes ago, Crucis said:

Don't be a jerk with this white knight bullcrap.  Whenever someone pulls out the white knight nonsense, in my view, they're automatically lost all credibility and have instantly lost the debate.

It's true. Why are you defending a multi-million dollar gaming company that has shown time and time again contempt for its players? You are losing credibility here.

Besides i don't care really what you think, nor do you care what i think so we can call it even yes?

  • Cool 3
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9,273
[SALVO]
Members
24,823 posts
25,896 battles
7 minutes ago, TheLastRollOfToiletPaper said:

I'm not going to use the same build in CB's now that I would in randoms.... THere won't be any BB's or DD's, so I just have to worry about shooting planes down and shooting at cruisers and will build accordingly

Doesn't matter.  It's about one thing and one thing only.  Carriers.  Not about DDs or BBs.  When CBs first came out, they didn't allow CVs in CBs, so they allowed free respecs because people might be spec'ing their ships for AA for randoms.  But without CVs in CBs, their capt build needs would be different.  Now, if CVs are going to be part of CBs, then that justification for free respecs has gone away.  It's as simple as that.  And making up bull crap justifications for why free respecs should continue is nothing more than over the top forum whining.

Would you like some cheese with that whine?  :cap_popcorn:

 

  • Boring 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,537
[PQUOD]
Members
2,386 posts
5,095 battles
3 minutes ago, Crucis said:

Because I have contempt for pathetic whiners who are making up bullcrap excuses.  And just  because WG is a multi-million dollar company doesn't give you a free pass to dump on them unjustly.

I have contempt for the same whiners. I also have not made up any excuses. Perhaps you could show me these excuses?

There is no dumping unjustly they have screwed players around a lot. Specially of late.

Like i said we can agree to disagree. Or whatever takes your fancy. But if you stand up for a faceless company that treats its players like crap it does make you look like a white knight. You may think its "unjust" but i once again disagree with you.

Edited by xalmgrey

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,299
[VCRUZ]
Members
4,049 posts
9,180 battles

Not allowing CVs in ranked or CBs would be admiting that the CV rework was a failure, and WG never admits a mistake... So its not going to happen.

 

WG would rather "break" those game modes and then come with a crazy idea to "fix" them...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
478
[USCC2]
Beta Testers
1,393 posts
13,029 battles

I don't see an issue with CV's in Ranked Battles, but then I don't see Ranked Battles, only this thing called Ranked Battles, that in truth is Team Battles.  So until WoWs Releases Ranked Battles, they can have whatever ships they wish in Team Battles and I could care less.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13
[-BRF-]
Beta Testers
54 posts
4,094 battles
5 hours ago, TheLastRollOfToiletPaper said:

And no respecs because since cvs are allowed it's the same meta and since it's the same meta, no one needs to change..... Because there will totally be the same amount of bbs and dds in clan battles. Like, do these people even vet what they say with anyone that can logically think? 

LOL! Had the same thought!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,410
[POP]
Members
2,847 posts
22,808 battles
6 hours ago, TheLastRollOfToiletPaper said:

I'm not going to use the same build in CB's now that I would in randoms.... THere won't be any BB's or DD's, so I just have to worry about shooting planes down and shooting at cruisers and will build accordingly

Are you still a AUX MOD or whatever its called as I cant see in your avatar, just curious.

cheers 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
837
[BOTES]
Members
2,192 posts
8,057 battles

Amazing how many shills there are who recognize that you definitely need separate builds for CBs, but also don't have any issue with forcing the entire community to either gimp themselves in RB or pay WG excessive costs just to play the game. Pathetic.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
605
[TOAST]
[TOAST]
Members
1,444 posts
10,195 battles
10 hours ago, thebigblue said:

I'm not really having any issues as a DD in ranked with CV at this time. I had to adjust quite a bit for games when they are in line up. Hang back. Accept the fact you aren't most dangerous boat when CV are there. Hang with a strong cruiser or within a few km of a BB for the first few minutes. The CV will strike other targets and in a short time will start running out of planes. Then you can start pushing out more and more only concerned with radar cruisers and DD gunboats. When CV are present you absolutely can't use the same stale old DD playstyles. That said, I find rocket planes a little overpowered. 

Hang back

Do not provide vision

Do not capture buffs (for the first few minutes)

Hope your big ships get good AA RNG  and the CV doesn't want to strike you for 5K to the face

Hope the CV is potato with rockets and gets bad bomber RNG

Then start pushing after the other team has already gotten buffs

When CV are present you aren't allowed to play (for the first few minutes)

#4TheFirstFewMinutes :Smile_medal:

Edited by Vekta408

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,015
[USA-N]
Members
785 posts
9,238 battles

I played a match today that really showed why CVs should never be allowed in ranked.

As we started out, the Stalingrad on my flank caught a series of incredibly lucky shots from the enemy. He ate 2 or 3 citadels in as many volleys, at a range of 23 km, while angled. So his health was down to 20k, basically due to a fluke of RNG.

The CV went after him, and that was the end of him. He had no chance. The CV, at tier 10, was able to stay on top of him, even when he retreated away from the enemy ships. Even with heal, and disengaging, he never had a chance. One bad piece of luck, and his game was over.

With only 7 v 7, losing a radar cruiser straight away makes life very hard, as that flank became outnumbered.

The other thing that showed why CVs should not be allowed in ranked was the conduct of our CV. In chat, near the end of the match, our CV decided to broadcast his opinion that he was stuck with "another terrible team". Of course, this sense of superiority and entitlement was not informed by reality. He scored second from bottom in the score sheet. Still, he thought he was entitled to judge, because he was the second last to die.

Put simply, CVs destroy all the game mechanics in order to satisfy the CV players urge to attack relentlessly. They are a toxic, pathological piece of game design, specifically engineered to appeal to bullies and cowards. 

CVs, and the people who play them, are an enduring disgrace. They lack any decency, any concept of fair play.

  • Cool 7
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×