Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
AngryMermaid

REEEEEEEEEE.....

16 comments in this topic

[WOLFC]
[WOLFC]
Members
846 posts
7,138 battles

image.png.632837370cb64585aec594a6b2310ba6.png

I have noticed that the names and faces generated on my newly acquired Friesland are different that the ones on my Viribus Unitis. Perhaps the Swedebotes will also be different.

image.png.7a089b3a3352c80d0fe35d093b7e34e7.pngimage.png.e2a8f5520347ac573eb9f2bd14040c46.png

ALSO: WG: pls let us hand-pick names and faces like in WoT

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[ARGSY]
Members
2,015 posts
6,221 battles

Just have to say funny as hell username AND title! +1

Edited by Sumseaman
  • Cool 2

[ARGSY]
Members
24,395 posts
18,351 battles

Neat.

The precedent having been established, could we please have the same nation-specific naming algorithm for the Pan-Asian ships? Tagging @Hapa_Fodder

• Cool 1

[WOLFC]
[WOLFC]
Members
846 posts
7,138 battles

@Hapa_Fodder WoWS needs to steal WoT's model so that for example, every Russian ship commander, (like every Russian tank crew that is currently operated by big-brained players), will be named Mikhail Kalashnikov.

Also so that you can name a French commander after Renee Descartes or Jacques Villeneuve, or, "Jean Picard" or "Luc Picard", etc. and also get to choose how much facial hair you want in the portraits. Some might want excessive pirate beards, others might want more realistic clean-shaven looks. Right now if you randomly generate a name you like you might not like the portrait.

image.thumb.png.6dce540c35701616e474662a21c3ab08.png

[WPORT]
Members
9,796 posts
14,326 battles

Anyone ever hear the term, "copyrighted"?

[FOXEH]
Banned
14,364 posts
20,818 battles

I'm sure WG would consider it, but certainly not for free.

[T_O_P]
Members
596 posts
47 minutes ago, Silisquish said:

@Hapa_Fodder WoWS needs to steal WoT's model so that for example, every Russian ship commander, (like every Russian tank crew that is currently operated by big-brained players), will be named Mikhail Kalashnikov.

Also so that you can name a French commander after Renee Descartes or Jacques Villeneuve, or, "Jean Picard" or "Luc Picard", etc. and also get to choose how much facial hair you want in the portraits. Some might want excessive pirate beards, others might want more realistic clean-shaven looks. Right now if you randomly generate a name you like you might not like the portrait.

jheez, giving them ideas what to charge players for? LoL 😆 I swear, more facial hair? = pay more doubs? :cap_haloween:

Edited by RusskiySpy

[GT3]
Members
199 posts
7,761 battles

I noticed last night that i have a ussr captain in my reserve named " ship commander "

Dude was born for the job i guess.

[ARGSY]
Members
24,395 posts
18,351 battles
On 3/14/2020 at 8:20 PM, Wolfswetpaws said:

Anyone ever hear the term, "copyrighted"?

But if it's all Wargaming's property, who cares? Unless the WoT and WOWS streams are completely legally separate, I'd imagine what could be used in one could just as well be used for the other.

[WPORT]
Members
9,796 posts
14,326 battles
28 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

But if it's all Wargaming's property, who cares? Unless the WoT and WOWS streams are completely legally separate, I'd imagine what could be used in one could just as well be used for the other.

Well, if they did a marketing partnership with Star Trek, they could use names like Jean-Luc Picard and etc.

Can't just use names because you want to use them, especially from copyrighted property, without first negotiating permission for commercial use.

Non-commercial use in fan-fiction may be another situation, but... you get my point.  :-)

[ARGSY]
Members
24,395 posts
18,351 battles
16 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

Well, if they did a marketing partnership with Star Trek, they could use names like Jean-Luc Picard and etc.

Can't just use names because you want to use them, especially from copyrighted property, without first negotiating permission for commercial use.

Non-commercial use in fan-fiction may be another situation, but... you get my point.  :-)

Not perhaps using famous names, but at least choosing the first and last name and appearance you want from the current selection without having to cycle it fifty gazillion times to get what you want.

For example, one of the available Italian captain surnames coincidentally happens also to be mine. I would like my Italian fleet to be populated by pixellated captains bearing my name, with a different first name for each one, and I would have preferred it to be easier to do than it actually was.

I agree that giving you the ability to type in your commander's name directly would probably lead to all sorts of unfortunate and unacceptable choices.

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu

[WPORT]
Members
9,796 posts
14,326 battles
3 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Not perhaps using famous names, but at least choosing the first and last name and appearance you want from the current selection without having to cycle it fifty gazillion times to get what you want.

For example, one of the available Italian captain surnames coincidentally happens also to be mine. I would like my Italian fleet to be populated by pixellated captains bearing my name, with a different first name for each one, and I would have preferred it to be easier to do than it actually was.

I agree that giving you the ability to type in your commander's name directly would probably lead to all sorts of unfortunate and unacceptable choices.

:cap_look:

[UFFA]
Members
2,116 posts
75 battles
On 3/14/2020 at 6:41 PM, Silisquish said:

Been hoping they would port the WoT crew customization for a long time. 

• Cool 1

[WOLFC]
[WOLFC]
Members
846 posts
7,138 battles
On 3/17/2020 at 2:22 PM, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

For example, one of the available Italian captain surnames coincidentally happens also to be mine.

Speaking of which, one of my Italian captains is named Mario Andreotti... I put him on my fastest ship. 

EDIT:

Edited by Silisquish
  • Funny 1

Sign in to follow this