You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
AdmiralThunder

I'm convinced now Bots have been "improved". (PVE Thread)

42 comments in this topic

[PVE]
Members
13,886 posts
29,298 battles

Ok, since the recent update I definitely noticed the red bot CV's are improved in so far as they actually attack with all 3 ordinances now and will hit you if you don't at least WASD a little. Made a post about it and think someone else did too.

I have seen a few others say the regular red bots (ie; BB/Cruiser/DD) were better but hadn't really seen it. Oh here and there they did something like WASD a lot and such but it seemed here and there only. I have noticed a lot less Mercy Rule games however as the bots last longer. 

This morning though the red bots are like angry hornets defending their nest. Holy craponacracker are they amped up this morning. Lost one game where they just roflstomped us (all humans) and have come close a few other times. EVERY game so far has come down to 1 or 2 players vs multiple bots trying to pull it out. 

I have actually stopped playing the EU DD's for now as the games are so much in question I want a ship I can carry in and they are not it. I have been getting wrecked since yesterday in the EU DD's (T6/T7). NO smoke and low damage torps are not a good Co-op DD. I don't dislike them but even a full 6 torp hit on a BB barely scratches it. So have taken other ships out now that can carry a game.

It is quite funny to read the reaction of people who are just now running into these roided up bots this weekend. No salt or anger just a lot of WTH and when did this happen stuff LOL. Has caught a lot of people off guard (even me honestly). Looks like they have improved them somewhat and in doing so NOT made them the chicken bots from the last time. :Smile_great:

Be careful out there these are not your Grandfather's bots! :Smile_veryhappy:

***To the usual anti Co-op crowd and anyone from WG who might see this. I am NOT complaining about the bots being better and the matches harder. Let me repeat that I am NOT complaining. I actually quite like it. I am merely relaying my observations. So let's not turn this into another round of [edited] = "Co-op players complaining better bots are too hard again."***

• Cool 15
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 2

[WOLF1]
Members
290 posts
60,520 battles

I agree, Admiral. Our friends from Skynet seem to be a little amped up these days. And I'm also not complaining...angry bots are amusing, and  the games have been more fun.   

• Cool 1

[WOLF8]
Members
8,119 posts
6,782 battles
23 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Looks like they have improved them somewhat and in doing so NOT made them the chicken bots from the last time. :Smile_great:

Hopefully WeeGee got it right this time... lol. :Smile_teethhappy:

[BEA5T]
Members
588 posts
18,710 battles

LOL there was a lot of WTH going on yesterday.... as I also lost a battle in T6 in Capture the FLAG where the BOT Cruiser with just a speck of health actually stayed within the boundaries of the base once it starting capturing it.   Unfortunately I was on the other side in a ARP BB so there was no way I could make it back to shoot at it...  it was a bummer as I remembered that shot at the cruiser and had passed it off to another human since it was so low in health and I pressed on chasing my CLONE that was just tormenting the heck out of me.  

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
1,327 posts
7,982 battles
55 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Ok, since the recent update I definitely noticed the red bot CV's are improved in so far as they actually attack with all 3 ordinances now and will hit you if you don't at least WASD a little. Made a post about it and think someone else did too.

I have seen a few others say the regular red bots (ie; BB/Cruiser/DD) were better but hadn't really seen it. Oh here and there they did something like WASD a lot and such but it seemed here and there only. I have noticed a lot less Mercy Rule games however as the bots last longer. 

This morning though the red bots are like angry hornets defending their nest. Holy craponacracker are they amped up this morning. Lost one game where they just roflstomped us (all humans) and have come close a few other times. EVERY game so far has come down to 1 or 2 players vs multiple bots trying to pull it out. 

I have actually stopped playing the EU DD's for now as the games are so much in question I want a ship I can carry in and they are not it. I have been getting wrecked since yesterday in the EU DD's (T6/T7). NO smoke and low damage torps are not a good Co-op DD. I don't dislike them but even a full 6 torp hit on a BB barely scratches it. So have taken other ships out now that can carry a game.

It is quite funny to read the reaction of people who are just now running into these roided up bots this weekend. No salt or anger just a lot of WTH and when did this happen stuff LOL. Has caught a lot of people off guard (even me honestly). Looks like they have improved them somewhat and in doing so NOT made them the chicken bots from the last time. :Smile_great:

Be careful out there these are not your Grandfather's bots! :Smile_veryhappy:

***To the usual anti Co-op crowd and anyone from WG who might see this. I am NOT complaining about the bots being better and the matches harder. Let me repeat that I am NOT complaining. I actually quite like it. I am merely relaying my observations. So let's not turn this into another round of [edited] = "Co-op players complaining better bots are too hard again."***

The sage of co-op! :cap_like:

[WOLFG]
Members
12,579 posts
11,676 battles
22 minutes ago, Noworriesderpy1 said:

LOL there was a lot of WTH going on yesterday.... as I also lost a battle in T6 in Capture the FLAG where the BOT Cruiser with just a speck of health actually stayed within the boundaries of the base once it starting capturing it.   Unfortunately I was on the other side in a ARP BB so there was no way I could make it back to shoot at it...  it was a bummer as I remembered that shot at the cruiser and had passed it off to another human since it was so low in health and I pressed on chasing my CLONE that was just tormenting the heck out of me.  

They must be distributing them unevenly, because the bots were dumb as a box of hair for me yesterday.  I was playing JB for potential damage, and they were straight line please take my cit almost every game.

• Cool 2

[KMK]
Members
364 posts
13,933 battles
1 hour ago, AdmiralThunder said:

I notice a lot better accuracy from Bots BB secondary, 1 game a Queen Elizabeth destroy me from full health to 0 in the approach for launch torp (Visby, 6 hit torp, so low damage), and in other a Aigle was destroyed from 3/4 to 0 from Bayern secondary in seconds.

Yes the torps are horrible in damage, 6 torp from Visby to a Devonshire, and i couldn't sunk it. The turret traverse not good in T5 and T6, and i don't know, but my EU DD had bad dispersion some time.

[WOLFG]
Members
241 posts
7,024 battles
29 minutes ago, DrHolmes52 said:

They must be distributing them unevenly, because the bots were dumb as a box of hair for me yesterday.  I was playing JB for potential damage, and they were straight line please take my cit almost every game.

Also seems uneven to me.  Yesterday saw some old timey dumber bots but then a couple of games it was 3x3 or 2x2 and they seemed more coordinated.  I'll keep an eye on it today but I get the sense they are not driving in straight lines as much....maybe a bit more random.

[WOLFG]
Members
12,579 posts
11,676 battles

NO smoke and low damage torps are not a good Co-op DD.

This makes me wonder how hard I want to go after this patch.

[TFK]
[TFK]
Alpha Tester
1,826 posts
21,504 battles

OP are you talking PVP or PVE? Just want to understand which mode you are talking about.

Update : I saw you signature. Now I understand which mode. Do you get bored playing Co-Op all the time?

Edited by Tpaktop2_1
  • Boring 1

[CO-OP]
Members
2,306 posts
28,644 battles

Been having a good day with slightly higher overall XP and silver than has been the case recently and a lot fewer mercy games, even had a number of green 1000 pt games with the enemy CV usually being the only survivor.  I agree that something has changed with the bots today not sure about Wed-Fri though. Certainly more enjoyable than it has been recently. I am coming across the occasional seemingly invincible bot that seems to have been clad in Unobtanium armour whereas mine at times has been replaced by soggy tissue, but hey no worries, kill bots!

[PVE]
Members
13,886 posts
29,298 battles
2 hours ago, Tpaktop2_1 said:

OP are you talking PVP or PVE? Just want to understand which mode you are talking about.

Update : I saw you signature. Now I understand which mode. Do you get bored playing Co-Op all the time?

I had PVE Thread in the title.

No I do not get bored playing Co-op all the time. I prefer it due to the more aggressive meta. MY 19K+ Co-op games have been more enjoyable than my 170+ Randoms. But that is me. I tend to always go PVE over PVP in games. I am not a big fan of "P's" in games. 

:Smile_honoring:

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Cool 2

[WOLF8]
Members
8,119 posts
6,782 battles

I had PVE Thread in the title.

No I do not get bored playing Co-op all the time. I prefer it due to the more aggressive meta. MY 19K+ Co-op games have been more enjoyable than my 170+ Randoms. But that is me. I tend to always go PVE over PVP in games. I am not a big fan of "P's" in games. 

:Smile_honoring:

Admiral, isn't it amazing how some people still ask that question, even though you clearly put "PVE Thread" in the thread title? LOL. :Smile_smile:

I suggest putting it in the front of the title, from here on out, just so that people simply can't miss it... lel. :Smile_teethhappy:

Oh, who am I kidding... some people will still ask the same question anyway... lul. :Smile_teethhappy:

As for the rest... well said. I couldn't agree more. :Smile_great:

I may not have over 10k Coop games... but I will get there too, someday... with zero PvP games to be added in, to boot. I don't even remember when was the last time I touched the PvP modes... lal. :Smile_trollface:

[PVE]
Members
13,886 posts
29,298 battles
29 minutes ago, Blorgh2017 said:

Admiral, isn't it amazing how some people still ask that question, even though you clearly put "PVE Thread" in the thread title? LOL. :Smile_smile:

I suggest putting it in the front of the title, from here on out, just so that people simply can't miss it... lel. :Smile_teethhappy:

Oh, who am I kidding... some people will still ask the same question anyway... lul. :Smile_teethhappy:

As for the rest... well said. I couldn't agree more. :Smile_great:

I may not have over 10k Coop games... but I will get there too, someday... with zero PvP games to be added in, to boot. I don't even remember when was the last time I touched the PvP modes... lal. :Smile_trollface:

I don't think this person actually meant any harm but who knows. LOL

Before I played those 6 Randoms the other day my last was Feb 2018.

[PVE]
Members
13,886 posts
29,298 battles

Man the carnage is real. :Smile_hiding: The bots are viscous today. I think I have died more between yesterday and today than I have in the past 6 months LOL. I have noticed the bots have kept their cheats and have even better RNG and torp dodging than before (feels it anyway). I thought these new EU DD's would be good torp boats in Co-op because of the speed of the torps. Good as in hit % that is. Figured even the bots would have trouble dodging 80 knot torps. NOPE! Even at 2-2.5km distance with 80 knot torps even the BB's STILL dodge all or all but 1 or 2 you launch. It's ridiculous. :Smile_facepalm::Smile_veryhappy:

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Funny 1

[WOLF8]
Members
8,119 posts
6,782 battles
17 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Even at 2-2.5km distance with 80 knot torps even the BB's STILL dodge all or all but 1 or 2 you launch. It's ridiculous. :Smile_facepalm::Smile_veryhappy:

But Admiral, if you ask me, I say that's part of what makes Coop so much fun... lol. :Smile_trollface:

Seeing a big, phat, and overweight BB like GK turning on a dime might be one of most amusing things ever, lel. :Smile_trollface:

I wish my GK could do that. Mine turns like an obese and bloated swan that's struggling to stay afloat on a lake... lul. :Smile_trollface:

I'm currently at work, but I'll definitely be on a look out tonight for those amazing bots(tm)... lal. :Smile_teethhappy:

[PVE]
Members
13,886 posts
29,298 battles
7 minutes ago, Blorgh2017 said:

But Admiral, if you ask me, I say that's part of what makes Coop so much fun... lol. :Smile_trollface:

Seeing a big, phat, and overweight BB like GK turning on a dime might be one of most amusing things ever, lel. :Smile_trollface:

I wish my GK could do that. Mine turns like an obese and bloated swan that's struggling to stay afloat on a lake... lul. :Smile_trollface:

I'm currently at work, but I'll definitely be on a look out tonight for those amazing bots(tm)... lal. :Smile_teethhappy:

:cap_cool:

[CO-OP]
Members
2,306 posts
28,644 battles

Had a Lion do this to me earlier, she dodged two unlocked single torp full salvos from my Jutland, she was weaving like a good un!

Edited by Efros

[KREW]
[KREW]
Members
482 posts
21,469 battles

I too am seeing more aggressive and competent bot play, surface and air. Hopefully this bodes well for the eventual return of some Ops...?

• Cool 1

[BEA5T]
Members
5,282 posts
23,920 battles
2 hours ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Man the carnage is real. :Smile_hiding: The bots are viscous today. I think I have died more between yesterday and today than I have in the past 6 months LOL. I have noticed the bots have kept their cheats and have even better RNG and torp dodging than before (feels it anyway). I thought these new EU DD's would be good torp boats in Co-op because of the speed of the torps. Good as in hit % that is. Figured even the bots would have trouble dodging 80 knot torps. NOPE! Even at 2-2.5km distance with 80 knot torps even the BB's STILL dodge all or all but 1 or 2 you launch. It's ridiculous. :Smile_facepalm::Smile_veryhappy:

Oh, yes they ARE!!!!  Some of the normal crew have gotten "whacked" because of the new behaviors !!!  There are a few more "pink bots" because I've been torp'd twice in blue-on-blue situations.

AND, when did our host reduce the range on the Akizuki's main guns>>>??  Took her out and they are 12 instead of 15K?   Any idea where that came from?

I like the tougher bots.

[CO-OP]
Members
2,306 posts
28,644 battles

Akizuki range is 12.5 km. Unless you have AFT then it's +20%, about 15 km.

Members
713 posts

Oh, the red bots are amped up all right. Took out Hawkins to start working it up, One shotted by a Bayern as soon as spotted. Hadn't fired a shot yet!. 1st time in a while that has happened!

[BEA5T]
Members
5,282 posts
23,920 battles
14 hours ago, Efros said:

Akizuki range is 12.5 km. Unless you have AFT then it's +20%, about 15 km.

Ah, CPT respec error !  Got carried away and didn't have AFT checked.   I don't take concealment expert and for some reason, had it checked instead of AFT !   Thanks !

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
13,886 posts
29,298 battles

The bots will now stay in the cap/base as well vs instantly running out to chase you. Another loss in Skane due to IDIOTS sailing wide on Standard mode and letting the bots cap the base. 2 BB's left me alone in a DD in the base to defend vs 2 Cruisers and a DD with 2 BB's coming in. Got the DD + 1 Cruiser and figured I did my part to delay and instead looked up and there the BB's go trying to get to the red base vs just defending ours. We lost, it was not close, they didn't even get to the red base. Chatted to defend base over and over and they just sailed on letting the bots cap us out uncontested. In the past the red bots would have gone through the base but the stayed in it laughing at the stupid humans letting them win. :Smile_facepalm::etc_swear::Smile-angry:

Edited by AdmiralThunder

[NONE]
Members
3,880 posts
11,999 battles

It does seem that some of the toasters have been upgraded to G.E. from the usual $10 Walmart Sunbeams, but still nothing like the 4-slice gourmet KitchenAids we see on PT from time to time.

I've noticed the bot fllying monkeys also seem to have developed AA Spidey Sense and won't always just bee-line for the nearest DD.

• Cool 1