You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
RogueGrizzly

"Fastest" Line to regrind for Research Bureau

19 comments in this topic

[ARGSY]
Members
12 posts
6,172 battles

What is y'alls opinion on the fastest or cheapest line to regrind for RB. I have already re-ground the US CL line and it took longer then i wanted. I want the Ohio and obviously this will take some time but might as well do it as quickly and efficiently as possible.

I currently have these lines to regrind:

• US: CL, CA, DD, CV, and soon BB.
  • Russian: BB.
  • German: BB. 
  • Japanese: both DDs, and BB

I have t9s for many other lines so others are options, But out of these what is the fastest or cheapest (free XP to get past the rough ships in a line, looking at Seattle). 

Now obviously skill of line is a part of this but lets assume this isn't a problem. Though I dislike Russian BBs, weird i know they are "broken" but i hate using them. I am leaning to regrind US DD  and German BB. 

Thoughts?

[CDOH]
Members
376 posts
6,854 battles

Japanese gun boats is the cheapest in terms of Free XP. 

• Cool 1

[FG]
Members
566 posts
4,797 battles

If you are just going to free xp it, the Harugumo line is the apparently least xp to regrind (something like 670k).

If you aren't, then whatever DD or cruiser line you enjoy playing/do well in the most. 

• Cool 1

[SOV]
Members
4,621 posts
29 minutes ago, RogueGrizzly said:

What is y'alls opinion on the fastest or cheapest line to regrind for RB. I have already re-ground the US CL line and it took longer then i wanted. I want the Ohio and obviously this will take some time but might as well do it as quickly and efficiently as possible.

I have t9s for many other lines so others are options, But out of these what is the fastest or cheapest (free XP to get past the rough ships in a line, looking at Seattle). 

Now obviously skill of line is a part of this but lets assume this isn't a problem. Though I dislike Russian BBs, weird i know they are "broken" but i hate using them. I am leaning to regrind US DD  and German BB. 

Thoughts?

I have perma camos from events on my usn light and heavy lines so that is my grind.

The German were very easy.

If you play cv the us line is the best to regrind.  I am working through the brits because I have a perma camo for the t8 and wow there not easy!

Edited by jags_domain

[90THI]
Members
101 posts
8,398 battles

I would say the line you are most efficient in and/or enjoy the most.  Simple. 

For me it was the french and german CA's.

Gambatte!

[HEROS]
Members
1,986 posts
17,588 battles

Which line is easiest?... NO ONE CAN ANSWER THAT FOR YOU, BUT YOU.. Which line of ship do you progress fastest playing?  YOU tell me, don't ask me or anyone else because we do NOT know.

as for the rest of this......

cheapest?  CHEAPEST????

Ok Language ..

"Re Grind"..

By definition of the word "Grind" what your paying is TIME...  Not Money, Not Free XP..  Time.. you play..

The whole point for lets say ohh "Me", is to use the Research Bureau to trade the ships in for points that can be then converted to free XP.. the idea is to GAIN free XP not spend it all... not yet anyway.

(A Hint.. Reset ONE line, not many lines, just ONE line at a time.. grind it back up to tier X then either reset that line of another line rinse repeat.. turn in Research Bureau points for more free XP..    12,500 Research Bureau points = 250,000 Free XP.. there are reasons for only doing one line at a time.. Bonus Points..ie.. you get more free XP if you reset one line at a time PER 30 days..  that's right, per month.. READ the fineprint!  There are no short cuts!)

What do you do with Free XP?.. well apparently you can trade it in for certain ships.. and some of these ships take A LOT of FXP.. in some case 2 million FXP..

so you wanna throw FXP away to hurry back up the line for a net loss of HOW MUCH FREE XP?......

Back to school with the lot of you!  NOW!.. The free XP you spend to avoid the grind is LOST free XP.. if your going to spend it to avoid the grind DO NOT BOTHER STARTING.  You will leave yourself frustrated and pissed off.  Oh and you'll feel like a blithering idiot fool moron by the time your done. SO don't do it.

If your going to take advantage or the Research Bureau do it the right way.. GRIND the line.. that's your maximum payout.

The only thing in the Research Bureau system worth getting is the Free XP.. everything else in there just takes from you giving very little return.  Maybe if your a UNICUM player you can pull things like that but than if your a UNICUM player you don't need to!  Jeo Average how ever better pay attention.

Man, where some of you kids come up with these dumb meems I will never understand... There are no short cuts here.. if you try to create one you will loose far more than you gain.

the grumpy OLD gamer sends

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 1

[VCRUZ]
Members
4,049 posts
9,180 battles

IMO, RB is not worth unless you have all ship lines. If you are "wasting" time to regrind lines you are only delaying other lines.

But if you want to do it, get the line that you enjoyed to most, to make the grind easier. 

[ARGSY]
Members
10,326 posts
16,093 battles

for myself, I tend to regrind line  that either I  have resold and want the ships back with   commander needing to be trained more.        My next line probably is italian cruisers as  I would like to have the commanders to be higher skilled even though I have all  the bote from t6-10.   

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
12 posts
6,172 battles
22 hours ago, TL_Warlord_Roff said:

Which line is easiest?... NO ONE CAN ANSWER THAT FOR YOU, BUT YOU.. Which line of ship do you progress fastest playing?  YOU tell me, don't ask me or anyone else because we do NOT know.

Well you obviously didn't read my whole small question because literally stated ignore the "skill" aspect which to me wraps best line for you and fun together,. I was asking for  by the numbers what would be the quickest. Jp gunboat DD was the answer and i enjoy that line. Also I dont free XP the line i even stated i only used it for Seattle because it is so bad and wanted wooster for ranked and clan battles which i didn't state but shouldn't matter. I also only Free xped the last 4th of it so get off your high horse.  I already have the Alaska and other ships up for grabs on free xp are passes for me. So if i grind for the Ohio is it not the same as grinding free xp for a ship so... how is that a waste? Free XP ships currently Alaska i have it, Azuma sucks, Friesland DD with no torps and only a little different then line, same for smalland, Nelson dislike British BBs and already have lenin which is just a better version. So again I am a moron for grinding for a ship i want vs ships i careless about and even to your point of using free xp i do not use it for whole line or even whole ship. 

You also said  I should grind all of the lines first... WHY? for ships i do not want like German CA, British CA, British BB, Chinese DD, etc. That is just a dumb argument to have with my question. I did not want to state all of the t8s and t9s i have that I am very close to getting T10 because not really the point but safe to say only line i would want that i dont have T8-T9 in the works for is Russian DD. So again sorry i do not want all of the T10s for lines i could careless about. 

It is also safe to assume the lines i do have that i stated are the one enjoy beside the Russian BB that I stated i disliked. 

Your other huge weird point was going after "By definition of the word "Grind" what your paying is TIME...  Not Money, Not Free XP..  Time.. you play.." no duh. I already answered the free xp part. BUT the time aspect and grind aspect obviously wth. I only regrind 1 line at a time and I know it will take a bit that is OBVIOUS so not sure why you went off on that.... Guess you just assume everybody is less intelligent then yourself. There is a word for that I am not going to insult your intelligence and assume you can think of it. 

Cool I got called a moron for asking a simple question about which is the fastest (JP gunboat DD) so I can regrind for the RB more efficiently. HOW DARE I. also maybe so tricks for RB out there i did not know about so people would post about it.   

So literally every point you had I either disputed within my question to begin with, or left out because it was obvious and didnt want to have my post be wordy for no reason. Though seems i should be wordy so grumpy people like yourself do not go off on literally a simple question somehow tying it into age and intelligence?? Guess I should drop out of engineering University because I am a moron for asking about best way to save time on grind aka fastest/cheapest line. 

Not sure what you can argue at this point so just do not even reply. No need to be rude or go on a childish rant over a question YOU misinterpreted

Everybody else thanks for the replys. o7

Edited by RogueGrizzly

[A-I-M]
Members
2,993 posts
21,973 battles

I did the IJN DD line in under an hour with FXP :Smile_veryhappy:

• Funny 2

[LEGIT]
Members
2,328 posts
31,714 battles

I'm on grind 5 or so of the RN CL line.

Free XP to Leander.  Then grind to Mino using free XP for all upgrades.

I really enjoy the line so it's still kinda fun for me.  I usually only get the Mino on the 2nd grind of the season 'cause I really don't like it and just play one coop for the final points.

• Cool 1

[DDMAF]
Members
2,897 posts
16,263 battles
On 3/14/2020 at 11:33 AM, TL_Warlord_Roff said:

cheapest?  CHEAPEST????

Ok Language ..

"Re Grind"..

By definition of the word "Grind" what your paying is TIME...  Not Money, Not Free XP..  Time.. you play..

The whole point for lets say ohh "Me", is to use the Research Bureau to trade the ships in for points that can be then converted to free XP.. the idea is to GAIN free XP not spend it all... not yet anyway.

(A Hint.. Reset ONE line, not many lines, just ONE line at a time.. grind it back up to tier X then either reset that line of another line rinse repeat.. turn in Research Bureau points for more free XP..    12,500 Research Bureau points = 250,000 Free XP.. there are reasons for only doing one line at a time.. Bonus Points..ie.. you get more free XP if you reset one line at a time PER 30 days..  that's right, per month.. READ the fineprint!  There are no short cuts!)

What do you do with Free XP?.. well apparently you can trade it in for certain ships.. and some of these ships take A LOT of FXP.. in some case 2 million FXP..

so you wanna throw FXP away to hurry back up the line for a net loss of HOW MUCH FREE XP?......

Back to school with the lot of you!  NOW!.. The free XP you spend to avoid the grind is LOST free XP.. if your going to spend it to avoid the grind DO NOT BOTHER STARTING.  You will leave yourself frustrated and pissed off.  Oh and you'll feel like a blithering idiot fool moron by the time your done. SO don't do it.

If your going to take advantage or the Research Bureau do it the right way.. GRIND the line.. that's your maximum payout.

The only thing in the Research Bureau system worth getting is the Free XP.. everything else in there just takes from you giving very little return.  Maybe if your a UNICUM player you can pull things like that but than if your a UNICUM player you don't need to!  Jeo Average how ever better pay attention.

Man, where some of you kids come up with these dumb meems I will never understand... There are no short cuts here.. if you try to create one you will loose far more than you gain.

the grumpy OLD gamer sends

This response was totally normal, and in no way a complete overreaction to a straightforward question. 

[DDMAF]
Members
2,897 posts
16,263 battles
5 hours ago, Pugilistic said:

I did the IJN DD line in under an hour with FXP :Smile_veryhappy:

You just made @TL_Warlord_Roff sooooooooo angry.

• Cool 1

[HEROS]
Members
1,986 posts
17,588 battles

So you reground the IJN DD line using FXP in an hour, out standing!..  Did you have any FXP left over when you were done?

[UN1]
Members
1,209 posts
3,633 battles
On 3/14/2020 at 8:29 AM, RogueGrizzly said:

Thoughts?

The fastest like to regrind is the one you perform best in and enjoy the most. The better you perform, the significantly more XP you'll earn over the course of the regrind. 

Members
56 posts
1,424 battles
2 hours ago, TL_Warlord_Roff said:

So you reground the IJN DD line using FXP in an hour, out standing!..  Did you have any FXP left over when you were done?

Does it matter? LOL!

Not everyone Is trying to hoard FXP just in case another subpar IJN DD comes out. 

[DDMAF]
Members
2,897 posts
16,263 battles
2 hours ago, TL_Warlord_Roff said:

Still being completely normal and well adjusted, I see.

[BUOY]
Members
994 posts
14,444 battles

WOWS Fitting Tool will give you the exact 1-10 XP costs.

As others have said, the fastest regrinds are the ones you mostly enjoy since you'll want to play those ships.

But for pure FXP purposes. The Harugumo line is the cheapest at 676,640 XP. Shima line is next at 685,140. Other DD lines run from 712k-770k (French and Brits are expensive). Cruiser lines are 740-770k. And finally BB's are all 875-900k.

[FE-MB]
[FE-MB]
Members
24 posts
5,143 battles

I think you need to enjoy playing that line.
It must not be unpleasant.
You need to be pleasant for you.
You must enjoy playing that every day. At least a little.