Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
TheArc

No Pi Day premium camo this year?

11 comments in this topic

[FORM]
Members
1,617 posts
11,245 battles

I got the 100 pack last year for $27 IIRC (was surprised it wasn't 31.41)  

Bummer. That was my fave :-/

Edited by TheArc

[WOLF9]
Members
10 posts
6,490 battles

Is it even worth buying those for real $? They lack regular exp bonuses so the captain/fxp bonuses are worth a lot less

[FORM]
Members
1,617 posts
11,245 battles
Just now, muricaFKyea said:

Is it even worth buying those for real $? They lack regular exp bonuses so the captain/fxp bonuses are worth a lot less

I loved them on my T10s, even though they don't have the cumulative bonuses that stack with the 100 base XP ones roll on top of, the 314 bonus was still greater than the 100/100/100 ones - unless you are someone who would pay to convert the stored XP on the ship (something I'd never do.)

I thought they looked pretty cool too. Not realistic for sure, but dark enough that unless you looked really close they just looked dark. Nothing glaring or garish IMO.

[WOLF9]
Members
10 posts
6,490 battles

I am 99.9% sure the 100/100/100 camos still give more fxp than pi day camos in all cases (did some math to check) sooo save your money I guess lol

Alpha Tester
438 posts
10,717 battles
4 hours ago, TheArc said:

I got the 100 pack last year for $27 IIRC (was surprised it wasn't 31.41)  

Bummer. That was my fave :-/

Looks like Bummers are to be the norm, not the exception.

[BB35]
Members
517 posts
3,836 battles

I'm a bit pissed about the lack of cammo sales.

[CWM]
[CWM]
Members
609 posts
6,288 battles

It’s my favorite consumable camo in the game. It just looks good. Using it with a 19pt Captain is even better. I wish I had bought more than I did last year. I’ve been out of them for awhile now. The assorted camo pack is not worth it. 

[FORM]
Members
1,617 posts
11,245 battles
1 hour ago, capncrunch21 said:

Nice... tnx!

1 hour ago, General_Lee_Miserable said:

So, this is interesting. WG put up a facebook post about this camo, asking which ship we would put it on. Now I'm thinking they meant to sell it, and goofed. 

That would at least explain it.

2 minutes ago, Cpt_Snafu_Idgaf said:

It’s my favorite consumable camo in the game. It just looks good. Using it with a 19pt Captain is even better. I wish I had bought more than I did last year. I’ve been out of them for awhile now. The assorted camo pack is not worth it. 

Agreed on all points. I have NO interest in the asst camo pack, and loved running it on my tier 10s since it was pretty good at generating both Capt XP and FXP for use on the other trees & captains.

Sign in to follow this