You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
SerahKhan

Thx a Lor WG; spent Gold , and now there's a new Bundle to get a Head start

29 comments in this topic

[HEL-3]
Members
472 posts

Release a new bundle like that with the New Even when patch Drops!

I feel foolish taht 2 days later, I could have bouyght that instead of my Dubs!

darn it!

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/sales-and-events/premium-shop-092/

I feel foolish to have spent gold to get a Headstart on the Pan EU DD's (in the Wednesday Patch armory)

Did I spend a lot more to get the T5 to T8 by spending Dubs or the Headstart bundle was a betetr deal ?

I am 400 Tokens toward the T9 right now, after having spent Dubs..

Thx in advance

Jean

[WOLF9]
Wiki Lead
16,320 posts
4,773 battles
1 hour ago, SerahKhan said:

Release a new bundle like that with the New Even when patch Drops!

I feel foolish taht 2 days later, I could have bouyght that instead of my Dubs!

darn it!

How long have you been playing this silly game?  You should know by now to do nothing until the Friday (or weekend) after the patch drops.  The good stuff is not activated immediately - they want to see that the patch has stabilized first. 

Next time be aware.

• Cool 2

[PVE]
Members
11,076 posts
19,204 battles

It pays to be patient and not jump off the handle. Does any one have some toilet paper please.

• Funny 1

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
2,332 posts
23,742 battles
1 minute ago, Sovereigndawg said:

It pays to be patient and not jump off the handle. Does any one have some toilet paper please.

Was looking at Ebay and you can still buy it by the square :cap_cool:

[WOLF9]
Wiki Lead
16,320 posts
4,773 battles

Next will be a run on plastic bags for .. um .. leaf collection.

[A-I-M]
Members
4,084 posts
15,213 battles
9 hours ago, Sovereigndawg said:

I’m not gonna touch that handle now, for sure!

[S-N-D]
Banned
3,327 posts
7,738 battles
On 3/14/2020 at 12:42 AM, iDuckman said:

Next will be a run on plastic bags for .. um .. leaf collection.

It was baby wipes. Saw a guy that bought the remaining three boxes for $25 dollars and immediately relisted them for $330. I reported it to EBAY and this morning the listing was gone. Price gouging essentials amid panic should come with prison time. I can only imagine the lowlife that would stoop so low as to do so with baby essentials. I'd advocate throwing them from a tall building if they started with baby formula.

Edited by _Caliph_
  • Cool 1

[WOLF9]
Wiki Lead
16,320 posts
4,773 battles

Anyone remember the free market?

Or the principle that a thing is worth what someone is willing to pay?

• Cool 2

[WOLFC]
Members
2,514 posts
On 3/14/2020 at 12:27 AM, Sovereigndawg said:

If you can get to the border, we might be able to help you

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/business/article-plenty-of-toilet-paper-to-go-around-canadas-biggest-producer-kruger/

Edited by Anonymous50

[S-N-D]
Banned
3,327 posts
7,738 battles
3 hours ago, iDuckman said:

Anyone remember the free market?

Or the principle that a thing is worth what someone is willing to pay?

That doesn't apply in the middle of a crisis my man. Sell it elsewhere. There is a law against it and you do not have the liberty to extort people in desperate times. You would change your mind if your children needed formula and a handful of millionaires literally bought all of the stockpile up straight from the factory and left you to spend your life savings for 1 bottle.

These laws are here for a reason too, as I will like many others, procure the essentials for my kids by whatever means necessary. So if formula was only available for $5000 a case do to people extorting others during a crisis then I feel for the bankers in my locality because it's going to be a very bad day at work.

We all for the most agree with the free market principle but even the free market requires regulation.

Edited by _Caliph_
  • Cool 1

[WOLF9]
Wiki Lead
16,320 posts
4,773 battles
2 hours ago, _Caliph_ said:

That doesn't apply in the middle of a crisis my man.

There's a crisis in toilet paper?  Where?

Some idiot is willing to pay $10,000 for TP for my bunghole?  Let him!

It's not like someone is trying to corner the market in respirators.

Edited by iDuckman

[SNGNS]
Members
611 posts
7,045 battles
9 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

no but the us has hospitals without one-use gloves because some idiots keep buying them all.

sounds fun doesn't it?

[WOLF3]
Members
30,966 posts
26,039 battles
On 3/13/2020 at 9:27 PM, Sovereigndawg said:

t3bwiX4.jpg

• Funny 2

[WOLF9]
Wiki Lead
16,320 posts
4,773 battles
1 minute ago, TobTorp said:

no but the us has hospitals without one-use gloves because some idiots keep buying them all.

sounds fun doesn't it?

#1, that story is apocryphal.

#2, the crime (if any) is not the "gouging" but removing the product from commerce. 

The problem is, we get so knee-jerk about the asking price we're willing to holler gouging and invoke criminal law where that doesn't solve the problem.  A far better solution would be to extend the principle of eminent domain to product.  Need that warehouse full of gloves?  Empower a judge (or someone) to order seizure and distribution for fair compensation - say 20% over price paid.  That would solve the problem on both ends.

[WOLF9]
Wiki Lead
16,320 posts
4,773 battles

Let me tell you a little story.  I was in Atlanta during the last "gas crisis".  Some independent gas station jacked up his price to $6/gal.  The media and the DA came unglued and dropped a load on the guy.  But here's the rest of the story:

• He clearly advertised his price.
  • No one was "forced" or conned to buy his gas.
  • Very few people bought his gas; as a result, his tanks stayed full.
  • Had there actually been a shortage that drove the market to his price, people would have been very glad to pay it.
  • Ambulances would have had a place to get gas.
  • In other words, instead of a "gouge", had the market been allowed to function, he would have been doing the community a service.
  • As it was, since he sold very little gas, he made no money on the deal.

No one was harmed, save the guy that chose to set his own price for sale of his own property.

[Cue the moral outrage.]

[SNGNS]
Members
611 posts
7,045 battles
Just now, iDuckman said:

#1, that story is apocryphal.

#2, the crime (if any) is not the "gouging" but removing the product from commerce. 

The problem is, we get so knee-jerk about the asking price we're willing to holler gouging and invoke criminal law where that doesn't solve the problem.  A far better solution would be to extend the principle of eminent domain to product.  Need that warehouse full of gloves?  Empower a judge (or someone) to order seizure and distribution for fair compensation - say 20% over price paid.  That would solve the problem on both ends.

sooo you don't like a bit of price control in times of crisis but seizure of property is fine. that's a hot take i was not ready for. also most of the guys who resell their tp and stuff where not dragged before court. amazon, ebay and co just decided not to let them sell it any more. totally free market. no government interference. all good.

but i got to say. your right about the thing with the gloves. (couldn't find evidence for that). they have apparently a problem getting enough masks.

[WOLF9]
Wiki Lead
16,320 posts
4,773 battles
6 minutes ago, TobTorp said:

they have apparently a problem getting enough masks.

That I believe.  One of the largest makers is near here and they started rejecting large orders a couple weeks ago simply because they couldn't keep up with what they already had on the books.  Likewise, gloves may be in short supply.  But it isn't because small-timers are manipulating the market; it's because of manufacturing and possibly logistics capacity.

However, it's also because consumers react irrationally to a perceived "crisis".  Evidence: TP for the bunghole today, the Great Mustard Shortage a few years ago.  And the hysteresis is notable -- HazeGray hit it on the head above.  "In order to safeguard against a shortage, people do that which produces a shortage."

Edited by iDuckman

[S-N-D]
Banned
3,327 posts
7,738 battles
59 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

Forgive me I wasn't so much talking about toilet paper I thought the response was in regards to essentials for babies. 

[S-N-D]
Banned
3,327 posts
7,738 battles
41 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

Let me tell you a little story.  I was in Atlanta during the last "gas crisis".  Some independent gas station jacked up his price to $6/gal.  The media and the DA came unglued and dropped a load on the guy.  But here's the rest of the story:

• He clearly advertised his price.
  • No one was "forced" or conned to buy his gas.
  • Very few people bought his gas; as a result, his tanks stayed full.
  • Had there actually been a shortage that drove the market to his price, people would have been very glad to pay it.
  • Ambulances would have had a place to get gas.
  • In other words, instead of a "gouge", had the market been allowed to function, he would have been doing the community a service.
  • As it was, since he sold very little gas, he made no money on the deal.

No one was harmed, save the guy that chose to set his own price for sale of his own property.

[Cue the moral outrage.]

A few millionaires could buy the entire supply of baby formula as an example during the crisis and could clearly label their price to the point life savings would have to spent to afford it. People need the formula and there is not endless supply. If there is an actual shortage infants will starve. 

Some things can be done without, some things can not. Don't conflate the two. In the situation I outline there is no service to the community being done. There is only opportunists enriching themselves during a time of crisis. And those people specifically need federal prison time as a thank you from the general public.

Edited by _Caliph_

[WOLF9]
Wiki Lead
16,320 posts
4,773 battles
3 minutes ago, _Caliph_ said:

essentials for babies.

I hadn't heard anything about that.  See my solution for shortages of critical items above.

1 minute ago, _Caliph_ said:

there is not endless supply.

That's what the Hunt brothers thought about silver. 

[S-N-D]
Banned
3,327 posts
7,738 battles
3 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

I hadn't heard anything about that.  See my solution for shortages of critical items above.

That's what the Hunt brothers thought about silver. 

A factory can be shutdown due to the virus. This is not a gas crisis. This is a pandemic that can literally bring the worlds economy to a halt. It just depends how bad it gets. I'll read your issue with critical items as apparently I have missed that post.

Edited by _Caliph_

Members
443 posts
451 battles

Hmmm...a discussion about price gouging on the WOWS forum. I knew there was a reason to get out of bed this morning.

• Cool 1

[OBS]
Members
354 posts
1,080 battles
8 hours ago, _Caliph_ said:

It was baby wipes. Saw a guy that bought the remaining three boxes for $25 dollars and immediately relisted them for $330. I reported it to EBAY and this morning the listing was gone. Price gouging essentials amid panic should come with prison time. I can only imagine the lowlife that would stoop so low as to do so with baby essentials. I'd advocate throwing them from a tall building if they started with baby formula.

Good for you! Stay vigilant my righteous friend, and keep that hammer of justice humming! We need more people like you to keep our planet sane.....