You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
kishan99

Cit a BB from the front?

10 comments in this topic

[DUD]
Members
706 posts
2,470 battles

Hello there,

Something extremely odd happened while I was playing my Kurfurst.   There was a Montana bow in about 14.5km away.   I shot AP rounds at it and I somehow got a citadel.   Now, I wondering how that is even possible, especially at that kind of range.  No way it could of been some strange over match?   I feel like I missing some unusual feature in this game that caused this.   

[HINON]
Members
13,260 posts

It's possible for it to go through the very tip of the bow. It could also bounce around inside in weird ways.

[SYN]
Members
15,860 posts
12,803 battles

The very tip of the bow has a rounded section and it can go through that.

The other theory is that the shells bounce off the barbette, bottom plating of the B-turret or smoke funnel and get deflected straight down into the citadel roof.

(smoke funnel only applies to Yamato, Yamato clones and GK and usually only from the rear)

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
26,428 posts
14,165 battles

It could also have hit the front of the super structure and then into the citadel.

[DUD]
Members
706 posts
2,470 battles
1 hour ago, RipNuN2 said:

t's possible for it to go through the very tip of the bow. It could also bounce around inside in weird ways

1 hour ago, MrDeaf said:

The very tip of the bow has a rounded section and it can go through that.

The other theory is that the shells bounce off the barbette, bottom plating of the B-turret or smoke funnel and get deflected straight down into the citadel roof.

no way!  That is possible?   Feels like one in a million from that range

[KAPPA]
Members
3,110 posts
8,239 battles
1 hour ago, kishan99 said:

Getting through the rounded bit is not too bad, really. It's why I am always paranoid about giving too little side, no matter if I can't be overmatched or not, as it can backfire marvelously. Well, assuming one is aiming at it. If you aren't, it becomes increasingly unlikely the further from it you aim.

[GLF]
Members
23 posts
22,777 battles

I've seen similar with my Yamato firing on bow tanking Montana, who immediately applied full astern and plied swift knees out of there.

[GIF]
[GIF]
Members
47 posts
10,789 battles

OR...it could be that this is a not a real physical item, so physical laws do not govern...there's only RNG & WOWS so called mechanics...you don't go through armor..you click, rng rolls, you get damage or not, simple.

sitting around debating armor on ships is really just a way of guessing rng roll percentages.

i'm never surprised by getting citadels in off places, just more WOWS b.s., cause they're too cheap to implement real mechanics

i can't think of a single aspect of this game that does'nt have unresolved issues.

seriously, is there anything that does'nt need fixed in this game?

Edited by smokey66

[SYN]
Members
15,860 posts
12,803 battles
13 hours ago, kishan99 said:

yup, that's why you never usually see more than 1 citadel hit happen when it does.

In fact, I have yet to see someone cause a double or more citadel from the front, without relying on overmatch.

Edited by MrDeaf