You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
AMajor

WOWs is featuring the Kidd today

3 comments in this topic

[DBM]
Members
560 posts
12,390 battles

In the newsfeed today, WOWs is featuring the Kidd.  I love this little ship, but she's not an easy ship to be good in and with the current meta, you can't just sail into caps thinking that you're going to bully any other dd out.  RED DDs BRING FRIENDS, usually of the cruiser variety and often with radar or hydro.  From the newsfeed, " VIII Kidd is a U.S. destroyer that can pose a real threat to Key Areas and is ideal for short-range knife fights with enemy counterparts".  So, how often this weekend are we going to watch new KIdd drivers sail into caps to pick a fight with dds only to get crossfired by the cruisers that they didn't see?  Heal and smoke aren't enough to make up for stupid.

The worst part of this is that these players will have payed $40 for a premium USN dd that has a steep learning curve and when they don't do well, they will trash her name......and they will break my heart.  She is a REAL museum ship (usskidd.com) if anyone wants to visit her.

Watching multiple Kidds die in the first 5 minutes of battle over the weekend is not going to be fun.  I think that I need a virtual hug.:cap_win:

[DBM]
Members
560 posts
12,390 battles

wow, I can hear the crickets.  Not even one post?

[WOLFL]
Members
1,041 posts
37,426 battles
On 3/13/2020 at 9:58 PM, AMajor said:

In the newsfeed today, WOWs is featuring the Kidd.  I love this little ship, but she's not an easy ship to be good in and with the current meta, you can't just sail into caps thinking that you're going to bully any other dd out.  RED DDs BRING FRIENDS, usually of the cruiser variety and often with radar or hydro.  From the newsfeed, " VIII Kidd is a U.S. destroyer that can pose a real threat to Key Areas and is ideal for short-range knife fights with enemy counterparts".  So, how often this weekend are we going to watch new KIdd drivers sail into caps to pick a fight with dds only to get crossfired by the cruisers that they didn't see?  Heal and smoke aren't enough to make up for stupid.

The worst part of this is that these players will have payed $40 for a premium USN dd that has a steep learning curve and when they don't do well, they will trash her name......and they will break my heart.  She is a REAL museum ship (usskidd.com) if anyone wants to visit her.

Watching multiple Kidds die in the first 5 minutes of battle over the weekend is not going to be fun.  I think that I need a virtual hug.:cap_win:

I want this DD , is perfect!