Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Wittman39

Nomogram Dynamic Crosshair notes

7 comments in this topic

[TSG4]
Members
19 posts
4,568 battles

It would be really helpful if the cross hair had some notes attached to it to show if the upper or lower part of the bar is meant for beyond 15km and below 15km at 30knts.  Which I believe is what the cross hair tics represent.

Also it would be great if they could mention if they randomly decide to flip which part is what now.  Because I'm almost positive before the update that the top section represented beyond 15km tics for aiming and not what it is now for below 15km tics.

• Cool 1

Members
4,352 posts
11,259 battles

Not sure about the other nomogram crosshairs, but classic the top row is calibrated for 30 knot ships and the bottom is calibrated for 20, and the ticks are for shell flight time in seconds.

The modern one I think is calibrated to scale for locked in ship speed and each tick is more speed or more lead. Just guessing on this one since I’ve only seen it used once or twice and prefer classic anyway. 

[TSG4]
Members
19 posts
4,568 battles

That's the one I have been using for the last few months.  I've gotten used to classic and I swear from a tutorial from either Notser or iChase that they were calibrated for 15km as the cutoff at 30knts.

That's at least how I've been using them and have been accurate for my aim up until this most recent patch and now I'm not so sure.  The classic seems to have flipped it's scale and tic for the top and bottom.

[MINVY]
[MINVY]
Members
743 posts
6,688 battles

My understanding was this one is more accurate than dynamic and is based on 30kmph along the top line and 20kmph on the bottom. I recall they said the dynamic gets less accurate at 15km and out. Nomegraph feels very accurate and at times its just me guessing speed incorrectly that leads to bad shots. I'm trying to remind myself to take a quick look at the stacks for better clue as to rough speed. But truthfully at much closer than 15, I usually feel rushed and use gut instinct anyway. The nomegraph just seems helpful when making long range pot shots and tempting broadside targets.

[TSG4]
Members
19 posts
4,568 battles

Hmm I don't know.  I swear I've followed the top section for long range shots (i.e. 20+ km) and have hit ships broadside by just following the tics and my shell travel time.  Maybe slight adjustments to it if I know the ship I'm aiming at isn't capable of going 30knts or it looks like it is going a lot faster than 30knts and it still followed the tics by adjusting one or two difference not 4 or 5 depending on the distance of the shot.

Members
4,352 posts
11,259 battles

The in game dynamic is calibrated to 30 knots at 15km when fully zoomed in, and needs a lot of compensation when at ranges quite a bit farther than that. Nomogram classic is calibrated to 30/20 at all ranges and all zooms, give or take a tiny bit of lead since it’s rare for a ship to be going exactly 20 or 30 knots. 

[-RUM-]
[-RUM-]
Members
76 posts
10,244 battles

The type of crosshair you use matters not. 20 into or 30knt. 

Static you have to be zoomed in fully for it to work. 

Dynamic you can zoom out and it will work.

I can hit targets 20km+ out with dynamic no problem. 

As for the OP question. 

The wider bars are 30knts.

Closer bars are 20knts. 

Sign in to follow this