You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
BenAubrey

Question on why shells aren't hitting with the Zara

3 comments in this topic

[RTXN]
Members
216 posts
11,024 battles

At 13:35 remaining in the attached replay....I fire a round of SAP at a Chappy....visually the shells appear to strike the ship but...nothing.

This has happened alot with the Zara....I appear to hit the target but nothing recorded. It has occurred often enough that I thought I would post my first replay and get some input if possible.

Overall, I was happy with the game...finished 5th on the winning side. Very low damage (26k) but was one of only two Tier 7's in a Tiex IX heavy match. I played conservatively...but was able to solo a cap for us.  So this is not meant as a whine....just trying to understand. Perhaps it is poor eyesight....but I think I am hitting ships and receiving no damage  update.

Thanks to anyone who takes the time to review the replay and comment.

20200312_185948_PISC107-Zara_52_Britain.wowsreplay

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
25,669 posts
13,998 battles

Without even watching I will bet it is desync. The ship was elsewhere on the server.

[CVA16]
Members
5,112 posts
15,291 battles
On 3/12/2020 at 6:29 PM, BrushWolf said:

Without even watching I will bet it is desync. The ship was elsewhere on the server.

Haven't played for a week but have often seen salvos that appeared to hit that didn't and ones that appeared to land astern of the target that registered some hits. Citadel hits where all the shells appeared to land too far forward or aft. Desync would explain it.

Even more often I will get hit notifications well before the animation shows the shells actually landing.

Edited by Sabot_100