You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
ESX

Naval Battles, uninspiring and boring, time to improve them. FREE DOUBLOONS?

17 comments in this topic

[SPQR_]
Beta Testers
197 posts
10,056 battles

Naval Battles seem to be linear and boring.  Never seem to look forward to them or care.  Time for that to change?  Right now you get one star, and one star only, no matter the difficulty up the ladder of XP or damage done.  I propose more of a challenging and fun way to do them as follows:

You pick your challenge anywhere on the ladder freely, and can do it multiple times if you wish, but you get more stars the higher you go.  For an example of damage done, 50k = 1 star, 75k = 2 stars, 100k = 3 stars, 125k = 4 stars,  150k = 5 stars, and so on.  And if you fail, no stars.  Each player would get 10 attempts as they do currently.  It can also be used for XP.  This system would not only be more challenging and fun in your attempts, but may let smaller clans beat larger clans.  

On top of these proposed changes, it would also be a good idea to change up the rewards now and then, or let the winning clan choose, since oil is almost useless to some clans now.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 2

Members
846 posts
26,153 battles

And the clan rewards are oil...which is of zero value to many clans now who have fully developed clan Naval bases.

• Cool 1

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
12,629 posts
17,807 battles

Yeah some incentive would be nice.

[FOXEH]
Banned
14,364 posts
20,850 battles

How about .... NO!

[SPQR_]
Beta Testers
197 posts
10,056 battles
1 minute ago, Umikami said:

How about .... NO!

And why?  I would like to hear this logic and reasoning for sure.

[SALVO]
Members
26,340 posts
30,439 battles

Honestly, I'm fine with NB's as is.  To me, they're a nice little incentive to play over a weekend without being too demanding.  That said, it would be nice if there were some minor rewards for actually playing and producing stars in NBs, beyond the oil for the clan, which as has been pointed out, has become largely irrelevant for some clans who have completely upgraded their bases.

[-K-]
Members
8,491 posts
14,883 battles
1 hour ago, ESX said:

Naval Battles seem to be linear and boring.  Never seem to look forward to them or care.  Time for that to change?  Right now you get one star, and one star only, no matter the difficulty up the ladder of XP or damage done.  I propose more of a challenging and fun way to do them as follows:

You pick your challenge anywhere on the ladder freely, and can do it multiple times if you wish, but you get more stars the higher you go.  For an example of damage done, 50k = 1 star, 75k = 2 stars, 100k = 3 stars, 125k = 4 stars,  150k = 5 stars, and so on.  And if you fail, no stars.  Each player would get 10 attempts as they do currently.  It can also be used for XP.  This system would not only be more challenging and fun in your attempts, but may let smaller clans beat larger clans.  

On top of these proposed changes, it would also be a good idea to change up the rewards now and then, or let the winning clan choose, since oil is almost useless to some clans now.

Now that you bring it up, I fully agree.  Unless my clan is really on the verge of needing help in a close points race, I don't really pay much attention to Naval Battles.

42 minutes ago, Kongo_Pride said:

And the clan rewards are oil...which is of zero value to many clans now who have fully developed clan Naval bases.

Bingo.  Need to shake things up a bit to give players some incentive who play for well developed clans.

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
4,432 posts
17,387 battles
5 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

Now that you bring it up, I fully agree.  Unless my clan is really on the verge of needing help in a close points race, I don't really pay much attention to Naval Battles.

Bingo.  Need to shake things up a bit to give players some incentive who play for well developed clans.

thinking-face-facebook.pngOr add in more resources for doing well................................Or even Dare I say it Steel?

Edited by shadowsrmine
  • Funny 1

[-K-]
Members
8,491 posts
14,883 battles
5 minutes ago, shadowsrmine said:

thinking-face-facebook.pngOr add in more resources for doing well................................Or even Dare I say it Steel?

Heck, even if it was only say, 5 steel per star earned, that would still be a decent incentive since it could potentially equal up to 50 steel per week.

• Cool 2

[DDCO]
[DDCO]
Members
135 posts
16,410 battles

I love NB's. When it's for damage it is a hoot! Since it's tier5 and above, I use it to run alot of port queen's. It also allow's you to do it at your own pace. As it is not a high stress clan event. Being able to run mid tier premium's for something more than a few credit's and FXP make's it a worthwhile event. And as no one take's it seriously, it's a good way to help new clan member's work on thier mechanic's for clan battle's without having to be thrown into the deep end. 

As for oil for the clan, doesn't really matter in the end as you get 10 oil for reaching container's via XP.  So just use NB to have some fun and kick some a$$.

Woo Hoo!!

[FOXEH]
Banned
14,364 posts
20,850 battles
1 hour ago, ESX said:

And why?  I would like to hear this logic and reasoning for sure.

Unduly complicated; something which always comes back to bite you somewhere sensitive.

[SPQR_]
Beta Testers
197 posts
10,056 battles
1 minute ago, Umikami said:

Unduly complicated; something which always comes back to bite you somewhere sensitive.

Complicated for this community maybe you are right.  

[FOXEH]
Banned
14,364 posts
20,850 battles
3 hours ago, ESX said:

Complicated for this community maybe you are right.  

Know your audience.

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
12,629 posts
17,807 battles
4 hours ago, Crucis said:

Honestly, I'm fine with NB's as is.  To me, they're a nice little incentive to play over a weekend without being too demanding.  That said, it would be nice if there were some minor rewards for actually playing and producing stars in NBs, beyond the oil for the clan, which as has been pointed out, has become largely irrelevant for some clans who have completely upgraded their bases.

Yeah some small reward to the player for each star.

• Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
26,340 posts
30,439 battles
32 minutes ago, paradat said:

Yeah some small reward to the player for each star.

It would be nice.  Would 100 coal per star be too much?

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
12,629 posts
17,807 battles
Just now, Crucis said:

It would be nice.  Would 100 coal per star be too much?

Hmm that could work. I mean we are talking a max of 1,000 coal per week and most players will not even come close to that so I think that would be fine. 

[WOLFO]
[WOLFO]
Members
682 posts
6,651 battles

it could have some more functionality, certainly. The small steel reward sounded nice. Maybe it allows purchases at a 'Clan' Armory tab where some discounts could be had. Give the clan 10% of DB purchase(s). Five bucks off a 30 day premium WG Account, or something.

100 coal is not to exotic, like that dude said(i have him muted). It seems they don't get much attention.

Edited by iamSamoth