You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Ensign_Cthulhu

Dmitri Donskoi changes: thank you, WG, for my 25K ship XP bonus.

44 comments in this topic

[ARGSY]
Members
24,419 posts
18,377 battles

Because I visit the news page and read the patch notes every time, I saw this little gem among the List of Changes for the current patch:

image.thumb.png.134b7b65efed695d38334a151971a6e7.png

And I thought to myself, "Gee, I actually have the C hull researched already. I should buy it and put it in the inventory."

So I did, and when I got into the game last night I found that the following had happened:

1) My Donskoi grind had advanced by 25,000 XP, or two nights' work at my current rate of progress. YAY WARGAMING!!!

2) My money had increased by 3.4 Million Credits.

3) Dmitri Donskoi C hull was gone from the Inventory.

Well, you didn't think they'd give something for nothing, did you, Ensign? I bought what is now the Dmitri Donskoi B hull back and fitted it once more, and was back to where I was when I'd logged off last night - except for being that 25,000 XP to the good. I'm so glad I didn't just FXP to the Moskva, and I feel sort of sorry for anyone who already has.

(Can anyone who hasn't got the Donskoi yet please take a look in the client and see how much XP the B hull costs, now that the C hull stage is gone?)

I predict that WG will slowly but surely begin to weed out the C hulls everywhere.

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 2

[UNHLY]
Members
3,243 posts
25,302 battles
28 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Because I visit the news page and read the patch notes every time, I saw this little gem among the List of Changes for the current patch:

And I thought to myself, "Gee, I actually have the C hull researched already. I should buy it and put it in the inventory."

So I did, and when I got into the game last night I found that the following had happened:

1) My Donskoi grind had advanced by 25,000 XP, or two nights' work at my current rate of progress. YAY WARGAMING!!!

Well, you didn't think they'd give something for nothing, did you, Ensign? I bought what is now the Dmitri Donskoi B hull back and fitted it once more, and was back to where I was when I'd logged off last night - except for being that 25,000 XP to the good. I'm so glad I didn't just FXP to the Moskva, and I feel sort of sorry for anyone who already has.

(Can anyone who hasn't got the Donskoi yet please take a look in the client and see how much XP the B hull costs, now that the C hull stage is gone?)

I predict that WG will slowly but surely begin to weed out the C hulls everywhere.

Yeah it may seem fine on paper however this led in the past to average premium ships coming from removed tech hulls, I have feeling this is another case coming sooner or later.

[PVE]
Members
13,925 posts
29,348 battles
31 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I had the C Hull mounted and got the 25K XP, 3.4 Mill credits, and C Hull is now B Hull. No need to rebuy anything. Was nice to get that 25K XP as it is that much less I have to regrind on this god awful ship to be ready for whatever replaces Moskva if WG makes us grind it out.

[ARGSY]
Members
24,419 posts
18,377 battles
4 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

I had the C Hull mounted and got the 25K XP, 3.4 Mill credits, and C Hull is now B Hull. No need to rebuy anything.

AAAARGH. :fish_palm:

[ARGSY]
Members
24,419 posts
18,377 battles
1 minute ago, AdmiralThunder said:

:Smile_hiding:

Not your fault!

Put it in inventory, they said. LOL. So I did. Still, it works out the same in the end.

14 minutes ago, tm63au said:

however this led in the past to average premium ships coming from removed tech hulls, I have feeling this is another case coming sooner or later.

Maybe. 

11 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

this god awful ship

I actually like her more than I did the Chapayev for some reason. 

[WOLFG]
Members
33,573 posts
10,430 battles
22 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Was nice to get that 25K XP as it is that much less I have to regrind on this god awful ship to be ready for whatever replaces Moskva if WG makes us grind it out.

Which, if that's your opinion of Donskoi, is also going to be god awful, if slightly less so lol.

• Cool 1

[WOLFG]
Members
33,573 posts
10,430 battles
9 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

The ROF is a bit of a downer, but those 180s definitely pack a punch, and have useful AP at mid range.

I like it too.

• Cool 1

[OTG]
Members
135 posts
9,915 battles

For some reason I did not get the 25K XP.  Though I did not own the DD at the time the patch was applied, I do own the Moskva - which means that I had to have done the applicable research, right?

Edit:  Ticket submitted.

Edited by AngelsOmega

[PVE]
Members
13,925 posts
29,348 battles
26 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Donskoi just does not click with me. 

17 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

Which, if that's your opinion of Donskoi, is also going to be god awful, if slightly less so lol.

Not necessarily. While I admit the RU CL line is not my favorite there are some that are ok and I do well in. Donskoi (and Kirov) are not them however. Budyonny is actually pretty good and in my 2nd go rounds with Shchors and Chapayev I have done much better. Oddly I have always liked and done well in the premiums.

So I certainly could do quite well in the new T10 and even like it. For example, I really like Algerie, Charles Martel, and Henri IV but I have no use for Saint Louis.  Could be the case with the new T10 RU CL? Won't know until I try it.

What I do know is I am on my 3rd go round with the Donki and I hate it as much as I did the 1st and 2nd go round. 

Edited by AdmiralThunder

[KAPPA]
Members
1,497 posts
8,336 battles

I haven't had too much chance to look at things since the patch, but I know I'm glad I finally got done with the RU cruisers back in January. I'd been largely holding off on them as I had several other lines I had yet to complete on my USN/Allies account. Right now I'm in the process of building credits up for the Minotaur, having finished the XP grind for it just this week. Next line up for me I think is going to be either French cruisers or continuing down the Khabarovsk branch of the RU DDs (opted to go Grozovoi first). That still leaves RN DDS, French DDs, RN CVs, Conqueror (which went on hold the day Thunderer was put in as the replacement for the 457 Conq, wasn't very interested in an HMS Montana, and still am not), the new Swedish DDs (which are also very low priority), USN CLs, USN DDs (both at T9 currently). What can I say? Keeping two accounts even is hard to do and I utterly fell in love with the IJN tree, so I finished (almost) everything on the IJN/Axis account first, German DDs being the only current exception (not a big fan of them so far).

[D-H-O]
-Members-
4,756 posts
15,629 battles

Aloha,

I think this went largely unseen by the community. But thank you for the positivity! I wanted to scream this to everyone when I knew.... :Smile_izmena: But ya know, I like my job...

Mahalo,

-Hapa

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
24,419 posts
18,377 battles
3 minutes ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

I think this went largely unseen by the community.

People not reading the news pages and missing out on stuff seems to be a chronic problem in this game, even with the game client waving the latest articles in people's faces every time they boot up. But that great big orange PLAY button has them mesmerized...

• Boring 2

[WOLF5]
Members
912 posts
39,105 battles
1 hour ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Do you have it speced for IFHE? it does make a difference since you can now pen the 32mm bow/sterns of BBs with 37mm of pen instead of 30mm. 

[NSC]
Members
2,341 posts
9 minutes ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

Aloha,

I think this went largely unseen by the community. But thank you for the positivity! I wanted to scream this to everyone when I knew.... :Smile_izmena: But ya know, I like my job...

Mahalo,

-Hapa

You would hurt/lose your job if you said something positive about WG?

[WOLFG]
Members
33,573 posts
10,430 battles
1 hour ago, AdmiralThunder said:

It took me a little bit too. (can't win for crap, but I think that's a "me" problem with high-tier cruisers lol)

The slower reload and lower maneuverability was bothersome at first, but once I learned to stay back and snipe early on, (hits are not hard to get at 18-20+km, and it's easier to dodge that far out) I began to enjoy the ship.

Later on in the match, when the ships are thinned out, and you won't get focused so badly, then you can use your speed to run enemies down, and pummel them with AP once you get within 12-13km. Coincidentally, that's when your radar becomes more useful. I found getting closer to use it early got me deleted a lot.

[BEA5T]
Members
5,286 posts
23,974 battles
2 hours ago, AdmiralThunder said:

I had the C Hull mounted and got the 25K XP, 3.4 Mill credits, and C Hull is now B Hull. No need to rebuy anything. Was nice to get that 25K XP as it is that much less I have to regrind on this god awful ship to be ready for whatever replaces Moskva if WG makes us grind it out.

Me too.  Ditto ^^^  Just logged on.

[D-H-O]
-Members-
4,756 posts
15,629 battles
1 minute ago, henrychenhenry said:

You would hurt/lose your job if you said something positive about WG?

Releasing information before it's official.

-Hapa

• Cool 1

[NSC]
Members
2,341 posts
6 minutes ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

Releasing information before it's official.

-Hapa

Oh! Thanks for clarifying!

Makes sense.

3 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I don't want to appear negative, and am happy that people are happy, so I've really been debating whether I want to even say this or not.

I've never not shared my honest views, so: In the old days, we would've gotten 25,000 FXP that we could spend on more options – whether accelerating our progress to Moskva, purchasing stock modules on other ships, or simply saving up for any one of the 4 FXP ships. We saw this as recently as the removal of Conqueror's 457 mm main battery guns. If you owned it, you got FXP (35,000 to be precise). There are countless more examples (most memorable for me is removal of USN flight control mods) that show this is (or should I say, was) the norm rather than the exception.

Here, well, you get Ship XP. Definitively less versatile.

Overall message: I'm happy that people are happy. (like I said in my first sentence)

Edited by henrychenhenry

[WOLFG]
Members
33,573 posts
10,430 battles
5 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

People not reading the news pages and missing out on stuff seems to be a chronic problem in this game, even with the game client waving the latest articles in people's faces every time they boot up. But that great big orange PLAY button has them mesmerized...

To be fair, I largely ignore it because:

A) I can get the info here, (as well as discuss it, or ask Hapa for any necessary clarification)

B) Almost none of the "featured" articles are ever of any interest to me. Don't get me wrong, I think it's cool that they have that kind of stuff to engage the community, it's just never been my thing personally.

[BEA5T]
Members
5,286 posts
23,974 battles
8 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Yes !!!  That is the reason many of you on this forum are valued!!!  Hello !  I missed that and read a lot and yet, still missed it....  Thanks!

And, I played this ship for two weeks now and I really like it....!  I took on the Cdr XP in this ship and it can really produce a lot of damage.  And, I'm a potato.........can't imagine what a good player could do in it.

Again, thanks for being diligent !

[ARGSY]
Members
24,419 posts
18,377 battles
15 minutes ago, henrychenhenry said:

Here, well, you get Ship XP. Definitively less versatile.

I have a feeling that WG looked at the number of people who are currently grinding the Donskoi and said "You know what? We might do more good for more people if we made it ship XP this time around."

If they made it FXP, people would be tempted to hold it back to put toward the Smaland and/or Hayate rather than using it toward the Donskoi grind.

Someone somewhere said this may be an indication that the Tier 10 replacement for Moskva will have to be reground when Moskva goes premium, and that this represents a small advance on that grind for people who already have the Moskva in their port. I'm not too inclined to call them wrong.

• Boring 1

[PVE]
Members
13,925 posts
29,348 battles
32 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Gee something like PSA's might help with it but you know... :Smile_glasses: