TheTankBall

Life Size Arpeggio of Blue Steel Kongou

18 comments in this topic

Members
63 posts
763 battles

ive been working on rebuilding the base for Kongou. sing @Wraithunter wanted to see the new base i though i'll just do a forum post and show it off to everyone. its not 100% done, its around 90% but u can see what i got done. im also editing in a link to the newest YT video i uploaded about her plz watch with AD Block on, Victor [edited], Inc. hit the video. atleast they didnt stop it from being seen by ppl - 

0307201106a_HDR.thumb.jpg.8eea39174e971184b1b81624ef08e159.jpg

0307201106_HDR.thumb.jpg.5779c471f35630a31449f8baad67778a.jpg

0307201106b_HDR.thumb.jpg.6b4deefc5e023d2e4460f96364054c5c.jpg

Edited by TheTankBall
  • Cool 16
  • Boring 1

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
26,214 posts
22,514 battles

Impressive! Regardless of subject matter, something creative to that scale is always nice to see. How'd you make it? The faceted look of the curved surfaces make me think cardboard, like oversized pepakura?

• Boring 1

Members
63 posts
763 battles
6 minutes ago, Lert said:

Impressive! Regardless of subject matter, something creative to that scale is always nice to see. How'd you make it? The faceted look of the curved surfaces make me think cardboard, like oversized pepakura?

Kongou herself is pepakure. the base is 100% hand made with not templates

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
26,214 posts
22,514 battles
Just now, TheTankBall said:

Kongou herself is pepakure. the base is 100% hand made with not templates

Very nice. I'm impressed. Are you planning to do more when Kongou's finished?

Members
63 posts
763 battles
Just now, Lert said:

Very nice. I'm impressed. Are you planning to do more when Kongou's finished?

Macross girls Sherly and Ranka. Kongou was the only real ship i liked from that anime.

Banned
627 posts
2 minutes ago, TheTankBall said:

Macross girls Sherly and Ranka. Kongou was the only real ship i liked from that anime.

Might want to read the Manga as well, lot more Mental Models to like.

Edited by Neko_Ship_Akashi

[HINON]
Members
14,340 posts

Well done. I imagine a lot of hours have gone into this project. Be sure to post the final result and any future projects as I'm sure I'm not the only one who would like to see them. 

Edited by RipNuN2

[PVE]
Members
11,193 posts
19,823 battles

I really know nothing of any of this and I am impressed. I like the toes and shoes detail, I don't have a foot fetish either. Cool.

[RLGN]
Members
16,820 posts
29,471 battles
2 hours ago, TheTankBall said:

Very nice

2 hours ago, Neko_Ship_Akashi said:

Might want to read the Manga as well, lot more Mental Models to like.

The eye of your avvy are glowing with money signs at the potentiality here; better keep an eye on her... :Smile_hiding:

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
4,566 posts
13,009 battles

Really nice work love the high heels +1 . Did she draw a crowd when you put her out on the street ?

Looks like a quite neighborhood though .

Edited by clammboy

Members
63 posts
763 battles
1 hour ago, clammboy said:

Really nice work love the high heels +1 . Did she draw a crowd when you put her out on the street ?

Looks like a quite neighborhood though .

no thx god. i like to keep to myself it comes to these build outside of the house since im in a state were anime isnt really a thing. but heres the most up-to-date video i uploaded. she is full RC

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
4,566 posts
13,009 battles
34 minutes ago, TheTankBall said:

no thx god. i like to keep to myself it comes to these build outside of the house since im in a state were anime isnt really a thing. but heres the most up-to-date video i uploaded. she is full RC

Yea anime can be tricky some people see it one way and others another .

[WPORT]
Members
11,572 posts
15,896 battles
6 hours ago, TheTankBall said:

ive been working on rebuilding the base for Kongou. sing @Wraithunter wanted to see the new base i though i'll just do a forum post and show it off to everyone. its not 100% done, its around 90% but u can see what i got done. im also editing in a link to the newest YT video i uploaded about her plz watch with AD Block on, Victor [edited], Inc. hit the video. atleast they didnt stop it from being seen by ppl - 

0307201106a_HDR.thumb.jpg.8eea39174e971184b1b81624ef08e159.jpg

0307201106_HDR.thumb.jpg.5779c471f35630a31449f8baad67778a.jpg

0307201106b_HDR.thumb.jpg.6b4deefc5e023d2e4460f96364054c5c.jpg

:cap_look::cap_like:

Banned
627 posts
4 hours ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

The eye of your avvy are glowing with money signs at the potentiality here; better keep an eye on her... :Smile_hiding:

What? Alot of them are nice, like Repulse Yukikaze and Vampire.

Beta Testers
99 posts
1,237 battles

WOW! That's really impressive and amazing @TheTankBall! It was very fascinating watching you explain the building process in the video, it was really enjoyable to watch ^-^. I actually never seen the anime she comes from though, I've more seen animes like Azur Lane, but I might check this anime out now haha. It's even more crazy that how big she is, when I first saw your picture from the other thread I actually didn't realize how big it was lol and now seeing the picture of her in the street its' just like wow, at least she is on wheels so it's easy to move lol. Very creative my friend! Very creative indeed! 

I might just continue following your channel because I quite like videos to where people build really awesome things, even if it's something I don't really know, I still find it very impressive and fascinating to watch. I know I said it many times already but I'll say it again! Very impressive Commander TankBall! As an anime fan myself it is magnificent! o7

I apologize I didn't see this thread, I was off of the PC for a long time due to IRL stuff, so I wasn't on for the past month lol. But this was a nice surprise coming back to! Thank you for sharing this with everyone as well as I! I was very curious how you built her when you first posted the picture, especially since I hardly see stuff like this anymore, so it was really special for me at least lol.

Edited by Wraithunter