You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
sasquatch_research

Chesire Premium Cruiser

19 comments in this topic

[GUTS]
[GUTS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,387 posts
29,442 battles

Worse than T8 tech tree version.

Longer reload, shorter range

[FOXEH]
Banned
14,364 posts
23,318 battles
5 minutes ago, dEsTurbed1 said:

Longer reload, shorter range

What is it with the short ranged guns on Royal Navy heavy cruisers? London also suffers from short ranged guns. And all the RN cruisers seem to have long reloads. Is WG anti-British when it comes down to ship capabilities? Russian Bias in reverse? Inquiring minds want to know!

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
12,064 posts
21,298 battles

I don't think I will lament not getting it if it's like the other HMS premiums.

[WOLF9]
Members
4,680 posts

I got it,  because It was listed under acceptable ships in that 10 token daily challenge.   Apparently, I failed to read the fine print- only ONE per day, not one with each ship.   Derp...

Anyhow,  I played a match in it.   Was a horrible game, and I need never play it again.   (not necessarily due to Cheshire.   $hit games are very common in pve during missions, and, like all the RN CA's I've played- it's the wrong ship for the current meta.)

I'd call it decidedly meh.   London and Exeter are better choices for a premium British CA.   

[PVE]
Members
10,596 posts
32,050 battles
1 hour ago, Umikami said:

Russian Bias in reverse?

Wouldn't it just be Russian Bias?

Or does Russian Bias only apply when compared to US ships?

[GUTS]
[GUTS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,387 posts
29,442 battles
4 hours ago, Umikami said:

What is it with the short ranged guns on Royal Navy heavy cruisers? London also suffers from short ranged guns. And all the RN cruisers seem to have long reloads. Is WG anti-British when it comes down to ship capabilities? Russian Bias in reverse? Inquiring minds want to know!

I was comparing it to tech tree tier 8 British HVY ca. 

[WAMMY]
Members
2,811 posts
17,406 battles
15 hours ago, Umikami said:

Hey

At least with HMS London, you have the smoke which makes it a decent ship and I have had a lot of fun with it.  The Cheshire doesn't get smoke, and that for me was a bummer; It would have made it much more usable even with a shorter gun range, having only 6 guns and a longer reload with those 6 guns is a negative.  Not like your getting a 20 second reload or anything, armor to tank with and even if they kept the typical 10km torps would have been attractive.  

Pete

[FOXEH]
Banned
14,364 posts
23,318 battles
2 minutes ago, sasquatch_research said:

At least with HMS London, you have the smoke which makes it a decent ship and I have had a lot of fun with it.  The Cheshire doesn't get smoke, and that for me was a bummer; It would have made it much more usable even with a shorter gun range, having only 6 guns and a longer reload with those 6 guns is a negative.  Not like your getting a 20 second reload or anything, armor to tank with and even if they kept the typical 10km torps would have been attractive.  

I'm not sure that WG has any great love for the RN. It's not that I think they have anything against them, it's just that I don't think they have anything for them either. 

• Cool 1

[WAMMY]
Members
2,811 posts
17,406 battles
1 minute ago, Umikami said:

I'm not sure that WG has any great love for the RN. It's not that I think they have anything against them, it's just that I don't think they have anything for them either. 

Hey

I agree, look at how they treated Conqueror (I mean I run both Dam Cons, Fire prevention, and BofS and it still burns like nobody's business, almost cant last long enough to get to the last heal).  They definitely have a bias against the Germans, Japanese, and a lesser to the Italians and the Pan-Asians, which I don't get the latter.  

Pete

[WAMMY]
Members
2,811 posts
17,406 battles

Hey

I think if wargaming was to change nothing on it but give it the smoke generator treatment like they did with London, I would buy it.  It would keep the premium line unique for heavy cruisers without being OP in anyway.  Could be an opportunity for Wargaming to make some additional money on a so far very lackluster sales for this ship.

PS.  Judging on the lack of direct responses to this ship and having seen only 1 or 2 in game since it came out and is already in the premium shop; one can only assume that sales is very poor at least here on the NA server.  Perhaps Wargaming needs to give it a buff or some addition to make it interesting, ie smoke generator would make it a buy for me, or perhaps a reload buff since it's only 6 guns.  Just suggesting.

Pete

Edited by sasquatch_research

[SALVO]
Members
28,053 posts
41,642 battles
On 3/5/2020 at 8:57 PM, Umikami said:

Umi, I don't know what it is with heavy cruiser of a number of nations which seem to have shorter ranged guns than the CLs of the same nation.  Makes no sense to me.

Regarding the London, I don't find her shorter ranged guns that big a deal since she does come with smoke.  For whatever reason, I found the London easier to play than the Devonshire, the t6 tech tree counterpart.

[SCCC]
WoWS Community Contributors
1,004 posts
23,471 battles

Thinking of this boat in time, is she worth it from those that have bought it?

Members
56 posts
11,296 battles

She is not for beginners...

Her citidel is long and high...very allergic to BB shells when you instinctively turn and yet to flee when you are over you head.

Being insta blapped 1 third the time is humbling and violent.

Awareness is the most important thing for this ship...

NOW...about the ship itself...

[WAMMY]
Members
2,811 posts
17,406 battles

Hey

I just got the Cheshire yesterday and so far it's an fair to ok ship, certainly with weaknesses.  It could use a reload buff since those 6 guns are kind of lacking in accuracy at times and it certainly would have been better with 10km torps so they would be more usable.  Very good concealment and AA is decent even when only using a 10pt capt.  This was my best game so far in Game #4, good for 4th.  Game 1: 84861, game 2: 12050 (and to think I beat 3 other ships), game 3: 72262.

Pete

image.thumb.png.6f7b0ce6e08440f678baeb7bc4a5a106.png

[WPORT]
Members
20,712 posts
22,641 battles
On 3/5/2020 at 8:30 PM, sasquatch_research said:

Hey

What are your thoughts on this new RN Heavy Cruiser?  Pro's and Cons?

Pete

She's cute.  
And *squishy*.
Fun to play.  Versatile suite of capabilities.  
Gets blapped fairly often.  :-)
I enjoy sailing her from time to time.

[WAMMY]
Members
2,811 posts
17,406 battles
On 8/25/2020 at 10:43 AM, Wolfswetpaws said:

She's cute.  
And *squishy*.

Hey

I have had her for a little while now and find her fun to play even though I wish they would give better accuracy on 6 gun ships but it's Wargaming.  Good fire starter and the heal helps a bunch, fragile but fun when played at range.

Pete

[WAMMY]
Members
2,811 posts
17,406 battles
On 4/23/2020 at 1:26 AM, _greifer said:

Thinking of this boat in time, is she worth it from those that have bought it?

Hey 

She isnt a bad boat, but not a great boat either.  It can do good damage, does have very good AA, good maneuverability, armor is like a RN Neptune, guns are good fire starters but only 6 guns.  Its one of those play once in a while boats but is usually fun when I do.   Worth getting?  If you collect boats I would say, not one that you would say, Man Im glad I picked it up.

Pete

[WPORT]
Members
20,712 posts
22,641 battles
On 8/25/2020 at 12:43 PM, Wolfswetpaws said:

She's cute.  
And *squishy*.

12 minutes ago, sasquatch_research said:

Hey

I have had her for a little while now and find her fun to play even though I wish they would give better accuracy on 6 gun ships but it's Wargaming.  Good fire starter and the heal helps a bunch, fragile but fun when played at range.

Pete

I just looked in my port, and realized I may have confused the Devonshire with the Cheshire.  Silly me.  :Smile_facepalm:

Anyway, based upon @LittleWhiteMouse's reviews and how the rest of the Tier-5 through Tier-9 British "heavy" cruisers behave, my comments are likely to remain in effect.  :Smile_veryhappy: