You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
TechSgt

CV Nerf coming?

88 comments in this topic

Members
94 posts
3,389 battles

Im sure this has been answered many times.  But Carriers are so overpowered now.  They can key in on any single player they want and eliminate them freely.  Especially battleships.  Can only turn and avoid so many planes.  Especially when you have little to no AA.  Come on Its getting really old.  Is there a happy Median that can be found?

• Cool 8
  • Confused 1
  • Boring 21

[--K--]
[--K--]
Members
4,144 posts
19,128 battles
6 minutes ago, TechSgt said:

Im sure this has been answered many times.  But Carriers are so overpowered now.  They can key in on any single player they want and eliminate them freely.  Especially battleships.  Can only turn and avoid so many planes.  Especially when you have little to no AA.  Come on Its getting really old.  Is there a happy Median that can be found?

Lol no nerfs

Spreadsheet says your having fun

Oh and please by a Premium before you quit will ya, needs to support this silly game

Edited by NoLoveForPhatShips

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
3,991 posts
13,706 battles

No nerfs that I've heard about. Actually AP rockets are going to be tested. 

[--K--]
[--K--]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
2,295 posts
9,240 battles
9 minutes ago, NoLoveForPhatShips said:

Lol no nerfs

Spreadsheet says your having fun

/thread

• Cool 1

[G-REB]
Members
128 posts
14 minutes ago, TechSgt said:

Especially battleships. 

you misspelled 'destroyers'

• Cool 1
  • Funny 3
  • Boring 1

Beta Testers
2,964 posts
24,101 battles

We gonna needs CVs like the tier ten Roosevelt when the subs start rolling in...………... 

[POP]
Beta Testers
4,288 posts
6,102 battles

yes,stop playing garbage BBs like the german ones and play something with AA.

• Cool 1
  • Angry 1

Members
94 posts
3,389 battles
2 minutes ago, Cruxdei said:

yes,stop playing garbage BBs like the german ones and play something with AA.

I shouldnt be forced to play a vessel I dont like because some CV players were upset that AA was introduced.  CVs are too overpowered right now.  Its disgusting.  You cant expect people to WANT to play a game in which if you can be instakilled or almost know youre going to die in battle.  Giulio Cesare tier 5.  Tier 5 carrier can literally send planes to surround you constantly with torps and bombers.  Its ridiculous.  Cant even use guns because im having to constantly attempt to turn as much as I can to avoid constant attack from carriers.

• Cool 6
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 5

[REVY]
Members
1,962 posts
11,135 battles
3 minutes ago, TechSgt said:

You cant expect people to WANT to play a game in which if you can be instakilled or almost know youre going to die in battle.  Giulio Cesare tier 5.  Tier 5 carrier can literally send planes to surround you constantly with torps and bombers.  Its ridiculous.  Cant even use guns because im having to constantly attempt to turn as much as I can to avoid constant attack from carriers.

Which T5 CV was it?

• Cool 1
  • Funny 5

[POP]
Beta Testers
4,288 posts
6,102 battles
4 minutes ago, TechSgt said:

I shouldnt be forced to play a vessel I dont like because some CV players were upset that AA was introduced.  CVs are too overpowered right now.  Its disgusting.  You cant expect people to WANT to play a game in which if you can be instakilled or almost know youre going to die in battle.  Giulio Cesare tier 5.  Tier 5 carrier can literally send planes to surround you constantly with torps and bombers.  Its ridiculous.  Cant even use guns because im having to constantly attempt to turn as much as I can to avoid constant attack from carriers.

the way you talk it's like you are getting the entire ww2 combined nations naval air forces on you.

tier5 giulio hardly have any weakness,her main weakness being CVs.

CV players are not upset about AA introduced since that thing was introduced since the first months of wows,CV players just take advantage of powercreeped ships with garbage AA to score kills for the team.

no such thing as instakill now with the end of rts cvs 

if you don't want to play with non powercreeped ships,as a german BB,stay close to cruisers and or DDs(not so close) the CV will most of the time focus on the DDs since they are a bigger threat than you,use your teammates to your advantage.

Edited by Cruxdei
  • Cool 1

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
3,991 posts
13,706 battles
Just now, Cruxdei said:

CV players just take advantage of powercreeped ships with garbage AA

iuNZN4ZHGC.jpg

• Funny 1

[UNNAT]
Members
889 posts
5,625 battles
21 minutes ago, Capt_Ahab1776 said:

No nerfs that I've heard about. Actually AP rockets are going to be tested. 

That's gonna be a hard nerf though. It means DDs are basically immune to CVs, just like how the baDDies have been whining for.

• Cool 2

[SIDE]
Members
3,600 posts
35 minutes ago, TechSgt said:

Yawn. I'm sure it's been answered many times....

[POP]
Beta Testers
4,288 posts
6,102 battles
2 minutes ago, Tekina_ said:

That's gonna be a hard nerf though. It means DDs are basically immune to CVs, just like how the baDDies have been whining for.

i don't think they will replace the HE rockets,but maybe give an option to swap before battle OR give ap rockets to specific ships.

most likely F.D.R will get ap rockets.

• Cool 1

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
3,991 posts
13,706 battles
3 minutes ago, Tekina_ said:

I think it's going to be a choice like before you go into battle. Such as the T8 and T10 USN CV's before battle you can choose the Tiny Tim or HVAR rocket load outs.

Edited by Capt_Ahab1776
blooming auto correct

[SIDE]
Members
3,600 posts
23 minutes ago, Cruxdei said:

tier5 giulio hardly have any weakness,her main weakness being CVs.

False. Wrong. Incorrect. Logical falacy. Show me the data. Maple syrup show GC performing as intended and CV that damages her is overperforming. Architype hyperbole strawman. Ad hominem. If you can't understand this your reading comprehension is poor. Weighed,  measured, I want affirmation, etc.

Hehe. That was fun.

GC resents your comment. GC is the Chuck Norris of Tier 8 heavy cruisers. She isn't weak against carriers, nobody plays her correctly. Why, after too much bourbon one night, I even saw GC shoot down an entire squadron with a single main battery shot while flogging 3 submarines with just her port side lifeboats.

Edited by thebigblue
  • Cool 1
  • Funny 2

[HMFIC]
[HMFIC]
Beta Testers
52 posts
8,289 battles

I really don't see how CV's are so OP.  They get some hits, but it isn't that bad.

• Cool 1
  • Angry 1

[SIDE]
Members
3,600 posts
2 minutes ago, SnukeMouse said:

I really don't see how CV's are so OP.  They get some hits, but it isn't that bad.

The rocket planes and infinite attacks are a little out of control. This is especially true at mid and low tiers where AA is severely lacking on most DDs and even some BB.

Edited by thebigblue
  • Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[SALVO]
[SALVO]
Members
1,432 posts
5,637 battles
30 minutes ago, Tekina_ said:

oh yeah because DDs can take damage all day long and heal it back up   /s 

[A-I-M]
[A-I-M]
Members
2,498 posts
20,100 battles

After statements that something that needs done about "CV vs DD interaction" the things that have been introduced are soft limits on CVs in queue and the proposal for AP rockets. The queue need to be hard limits without queue dumps; the random battles screen states that there is no limit for waiting time for Randoms, and this should be observed. 

The AP rockets just shift the damage to another class, and may not be that ineffective vs DDs, depending on the stats; Im wondering how long they will take to fuse. At least it may cause rocket planes to be used against a wider selection of targets. 

Nothing has been said about AA and the fact that many low tier ships that essentially had no AA when they went into service before there were carriers, and have none or next to none in game got considerably better AA than they have in game later in their service lives. 

There is a clear straight-up nerf coming to slingshotting. 

Edited by Pugilistic

[UNNAT]
Members
889 posts
5,625 battles
Just now, eviltane said:

oh yeah because DDs can take damage all day long and heal it back up   /s 

Doesn't matter if the DDs don't take much in the first place. AP rocket planes will do scratch damage to them.

Members
17 posts
8,263 battles
36 minutes ago, MichiganEagle said:

Yes.

They are called submarines.

And then WG will counter this with an uber buffed abomination of the Mk 24 FIDO mine.

Can see that coming

[SALVO]
[SALVO]
Members
1,432 posts
5,637 battles
4 minutes ago, Tekina_ said:

Doesn't matter if the DDs don't take much in the first place. AP rocket planes will do scratch damage to them.

Yeah it matters very much how much damage DDs take  and if you pretend 203 AP over-pen is a scratch then you are off your rocker. DDs have the lowest  health , survivability and highest risk of death of any class. It matters more to them then anyone else.  Especially at high tier where only a very few select DDs get heals. 

Edited by eviltane
  • Boring 1

[UNNAT]
Members
889 posts
5,625 battles
1 minute ago, eviltane said:

Yeah it matters very much how much damage DDs take  and if you pretend 203 AP over-pen is a scratch then you are off your rocker. DDs have the lowest  health , survivability and highest risk of death of any class. It matters more to them then anyone else.  Especially at high tier where only a very few select DDs get heals. 

Wow, taking maybe 3-4k on a good attack run. At t10. So scary. Even on the low end those DDs have 20k hp. AP rockets would make it basically pointless to send planes after DDs unless you get the rare team that actually shoots them when you spot them(and good luck with that). 

• Cool 1