Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
_greifer

Yubari - Unlimited DFAA Consumable

17 comments in this topic

[-K-]
WoWS Community Contributors, Supertester
950 posts
15,127 battles

The Yubari is one of the first premium boats available in this game. In the old RTS CV days, she was one vessel that could murder entire squadrons with her AA and DFAA ability.

With the rework and lack of viable AA platform at tier 4, I think it would be good to grant the Yubari the same perks that Atlanta has, in that she has access to unlimited use of DFAA. Add to that a cool down of 30 seconds and this boat may not be able to swat targets out of the sky like she once did, but she would be a deterrent at Tier 4 to some CVs.

The Yubari would still be a glass cannon, bad torp angles, two guns etc, but with this perk she would be more then worthy to take out at these tiers.

I know the lower tiers are left to themselves but even doing this small things may help alleviate some of the angst at those tiers.

• Cool 8

[FOXEH]
Banned
14,364 posts
20,327 battles

This would be great, but don't hold your breath; WG has NO interest in anything below tier 5 anymore, and would trash can tiers 5 through 7 if they had their way. All they want to do is to sell you high tier premiums, high end consumables, and have you play high tiers so you will be hard put to make decent profits and will spend more money. I would LOVE to see Yubari get back to being even a shadow of her old self, but I'm pretty sure it just ain't happening. Which is really too damn bad cuz she used to be a really great little ship.

• Cool 1

[DDMAF]
Members
2,897 posts
16,429 battles
26 minutes ago, _greifer said:

The Yubari is one of the first premium boats available in this game. In the old RTS CV days, she was one vessel that could murder entire squadrons with her AA and DFAA ability.

With the rework and lack of viable AA platform at tier 4, I think it would be good to grant the Yubari the same perks that Atlanta has, in that she has access to unlimited use of DFAA. Add to that a cool down of 30 seconds and this boat may not be able to swat targets out of the sky like she once did, but she would be a deterrent at Tier 4 to some CVs.

The Yubari would still be a glass cannon, bad torp angles, two guns etc, but with this perk she would be more then worthy to take out at these tiers.

I know the lower tiers are left to themselves but even doing this small things may help alleviate some of the angst at those tiers.

I made the same suggestion ages ago. It's even more relevant now. Even just ONE ship with viable AA at T4 would be great.

• Cool 1

[4HIM]
Members
3,243 posts
14,316 battles
14 minutes ago, Umikami said:

I would LOVE to see Yubari get back to being even a shadow of her old self, but I'm pretty sure it just ain't happening.

Heck, I'd love for DFAA to get back to usefulness.  

[KSC]
Members
854 posts
11,446 battles
1 hour ago, _greifer said:

Don't forget that old CV had you flying 3-6 squadrons.  Being able to drive off one at a time still meant the player had the ability to do other things at the same time.  Being able to wipe out squadrons now removes the only agency a CV player has.

Being that she's Tier 4 and how slow paced the tier is for learning (seal clubbing not withstanding), I wouldn't bet on that one happening any time soon.

[ARGSY]
Members
22,410 posts
16,285 battles
7 minutes ago, Ahskance said:

Don't forget that old CV had you flying 3-6 squadrons.  Being able to drive off one at a time still meant the player had the ability to do other things at the same time.  Being able to wipe out squadrons now removes the only agency a CV player has.

Being that she's Tier 4 and how slow paced the tier is for learning (seal clubbing not withstanding), I wouldn't bet on that one happening any time soon.

I think you could balance the cooldown for an infinite Yubari DFAA against the regeneration rate of a well managed carrier. This would allow the CV to recover from his flight being murdered and not be completely impotent, but still allow an unwary noob to be deplaned (loss >>>> regeneration rate) and the Yubari to protect the less capable ships.

• Cool 1

[HINON]
Members
13,832 posts
56 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

T4s already have a quick regen so this shouldn't be an issue. 

[-K-]
Members
8,491 posts
14,883 battles

100% agreed.

Yubari should have had unlimited DFAA from the beginning.

[ARGSY]
Members
22,410 posts
16,285 battles
13 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

Yubari should have had unlimited DFAA from the beginning.

I'm not so sure about this - two charges (three with SI and premiums) was enough to deplane or seriously punish an unwary carrier in the RTS days, and it could be argued that unlimited charges were not needed back then.

In the Rework era I fully agree that she requires infinite charges, and she should have got them on the first day of 0.8.0. 

[RBMK2]
[RBMK2]
Members
604 posts
12,382 battles

I've just stopped playing T4. Never played it much before but who wants matches with 3 enemy CVs every time. 

[FOXEH]
Banned
14,364 posts
20,327 battles
5 hours ago, ZARDOZ_II said:

Heck, I'd love for DFAA to get back to usefulness.  

AMEN to that!

[WOLFC]
Members
2,179 posts

The bigger issue is Yubari's now almost always face 2 CV's - figure out how to cap that and the balance will be fine.

[-K-]
950 posts
15,127 battles

I like playing the Yubari, more so to earn the coveted CQE with its one secondary gun. 

The current charges for DFFAA and the cool down don't reflect the ability with which CVS can launch new squads to hit players. 

Add multiple CVS and unlimited DFAA with a cool down would still see gaps in that coverage. 

I know this may not get any traction from WG but I at least wanted to voice my opinion and try. 

[THREE]
Members
2,151 posts
10,937 battles
12 hours ago, Umikami said:

This would be great, but don't hold your breath; WG has NO interest in anything below tier 5 anymore, and would trash can tiers 5 through 7 if they had their way. All they want to do is to sell you high tier premiums, high end consumables, and have you play high tiers so you will be hard put to make decent profits and will spend more money. I would LOVE to see Yubari get back to being even a shadow of her old self, but I'm pretty sure it just ain't happening. Which is really too damn bad cuz she used to be a really great little ship.

Yep. TBH, DFAA is one of those consumables that should be unlimited.

It should probably get a small increase in cooldown for two reasons: balanz and encouraging players to build for it.

It should also increase aircraft aiming time too...

[WOLF9]
[WOLF9]
Members
227 posts
11,844 battles
13 hours ago, _greifer said:

With the rework and lack of viable AA platform at tier 4,

Just wanted to point out, I thought this was true as well and that I would have the buy the Yubari to assist a buddy of mine new to the game through these tiers.  Turns out the Italian cruisers had pretty good AA at T4.  Its short range, but did a pretty good job of keeping the CV's busy.

Otherwise I couldn't agree with you more!  I don't subscribe the the 'sky is falling' crowd, but at the same time, with most ships having ZERO AA at T4, and the lack of an ability to drop fighters for CV's at this tier, something should be done.

Abbye

• Cool 1

[-K-]
950 posts
15,127 battles
8 minutes ago, Abbye said:

Just wanted to point out, I thought this was true as well and that I would have the buy the Yubari to assist a buddy of mine new to the game through these tiers.  Turns out the Italian cruisers had pretty good AA at T4.  Its short range, but did a pretty good job of keeping the CV's busy.

Otherwise I couldn't agree with you more!  I don't subscribe the the 'sky is falling' crowd, but at the same time, with most ships having ZERO AA at T4, and the lack of an ability to drop fighters for CV's at this tier, something should be done.

Abbye

You are correct there are some decent AA boats, the Kaiser and Orion are also good. These though don't have the DFAA ability.

I thought having a premium that added more utility would be a good option. 

I do agree the Italian tier 4 cruiser has decent AA as I did play it recently. 

[B-G-N]
Members
381 posts
539 battles
14 hours ago, Umikami said:

Yeah, Wargaming doesn't give half a hoot about low tiers which is really too bad considering that they might be able to make more money without having their players feel burned out.

Sign in to follow this