Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
JediMasterDraco

Ship That Just Don't Feel Right

44 comments in this topic

[NGA]
Members
2,008 posts
12,594 battles

Kind of like the title says. What are the ships that you just don't feel like you do well in or RNGesus just seems screw you over with, no matter what other players or even your own stats say? For me, the ships that I've always just hated with a passion are the Nagato, North Carolina, Iowa, Missouri, and Yamato. I just feel like those ships make me RNGesus's [edited]. Strangely enough, I loved the Fuso and the Amagi.

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
13,714 posts

Before the cruiser split I hated the New Orleans. I haven't played it after the spit either. It might be a good ship now but it left such a bad taste in my mouth that I've never gone back to see.

[BUOY]
Members
1,123 posts
15,518 battles

Literally every T7 DD I've ever played including the highly rated ones like the Gadjah Madah. It's bizarre, I enjoy most T6 DD's even uptiered, I enjoy most T8 DD's even uptiered... but what works at 6, 8 and every other tier... just doesn't for 7 for me.

Edited by lloyd1701

Members
246 posts
310 battles

Kremlin.

The first 20 games were actually really good. Nearly 130k avg damage, over 2 kills per game average and a WR in the high %60s.

Then everything just came tumbling down.

Suddenly, I was barely avging 50k, getting almost no kills and losing most of my games. It was mostly caused by a string of teams that for some reason would just abandon a flank leaving me to get farmed by 5 ships at once.

These results would cause me to get more and more obsessed to get a win, accumulating even more terrible games in the process.

I ended up ruining my stats and rage selling the ship twice.

I don't think I'll be touching that one to play solo for a long time.

[TAFFY]
Members
136 posts

fletcher is one of my best ships, but i can't seem to get a good game in the gearing

granted, i don't have a perma camo on gearing and i do on fletcher, so, i play the fletcher a LOT more... but still... it'd be nice to get a good game on gearing

[NMKJT]
Members
2,807 posts
8,049 battles

Bayern. First couple games were fun, then the shorter range and the reality of how bad the WW1 era shells were hit, and I ragesold the ship (only ship I ever did that) and skipped what was left with FXP. Got it back for the Christmas Convoy event and still haven't touched it.

My Iowa was cursed AF, but I could probably make it work if it didn't have the devil himself giving it teams. And didn't think I could grind it from stock.

[SWFSH]
[SWFSH]
Beta Testers
2,504 posts
6,178 battles

Kiev. A long time ago in a WoWS far far away when it was tier 7, it was fun as hell (and OP) and very easy to play. After adjustment to tier 8 I seriously can not get to grips with this DD. Being bottom tier DD probably doesn't help a ton, especially for a dedicated gunboat. Now it mostly sits in my port as a reminder of the 'good old days.'

• Cool 1

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
13,714 posts
31 minutes ago, vallonzek said:

fletcher is one of my best ships, but i can't seem to get a good game in the gearing

granted, i don't have a perma camo on gearing and i do on fletcher, so, i play the fletcher a LOT more... but still... it'd be nice to get a good game on gearing

The Gearing plays differently than the Fletcher. The Fletcher is much more nimble than the Gearing. The sluggishness of the Gearing takes some getting used to after playing the Fletcher a lot.

I play my Gearing almost exclusively unless there is a tier IX event though. I have a permacamo, which helps with the economy. I really like those 16.5 km torps, though the Fletcher's torps hit harder (the Gearing can use them too if you want). The SE skill adds more hit points at tier 10 to the Gearing's already larger hitpoint pool. In a game today I tanked three torps with my Gearing and stayed afloat.

The Gearing gets the legendary module, which makes it as stealthy as a Shimakaze. That upgrade does slow its gun reload somewhat but the Gearing has dual turrets whereas the Fletcher has single ones. The Fletcher is no slouch but the Gearing is a somewhat better ship, IMO.

About the only thing I don't like about my Gearing is that she's looked a bit weird since we were damaged in a storm and had to put to port on an island where the only source of parts was the local junkyard. She's functional though.

image.thumb.png.a8ef3cde10997f6e8f7595b1be1d92f0.png

Edited by Snargfargle

[TBW]
Members
10,730 posts
18,435 battles

Lots of them, then again, I have a lot of ships with 1 or 2 battles, that may have lost the first battle so i think they suck.

[NDA]
Beta Testers
3,574 posts
7,731 battles

Oh man, I am so bad in karlsruhe. Something about that ship never really clicked with me. 

[RLGN]
Members
15,148 posts
26,781 battles

RN light cruisers.

Don’t much care how great they’re claimed to be; to me they’re worthless trash.

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
13,714 posts
19 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

Lots of them, then again, I have a lot of ships with 1 or 2 battles, that may have lost the first battle so i think they suck.

It's weird but some of the ships that I got in events and then "had" to use to complete a larger event, even though I simply hated them, are the ones that I actually did great in when I look back at my numbers. For instance, I have a 78% win rate in the Jaguar, a ship I've not played since the event. I'm currently in the Chapayev because I'm trying to grind out the Moskva before it turns premium. I don't really like that ship but it apparently likes me because I have an 83% win rate in it.  

[PVE]
Members
7,244 posts
23,105 battles

Myoko before it was buffed was the absolute worst [edited] in the game ever... rage sold it as soon as I earned the Mogami (1 of the best cruisers in the game oddly enough...considering the [edited] you had to grind through to get it. Hope the IFHE changes don't change that... haven't read the details on them to know for sure yet).

Nauseates me just to buy it back for snowflake events. Don't care if they buffed it (dropped the cit or changed the armor layout or something I think)...gives me the heebie jeebies just to have it in my port.

8 hours ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

RN light cruisers.

Don’t much care how great they’re claimed to be; to me they’re worthless trash.

Except the Emerald? I thought you liked the Emerald...or at least could tolerate it.

• Cool 1

[FOXEH]
Banned
14,364 posts
20,282 battles
2 hours ago, JediMasterDraco said:

What are the ships that you just don't feel like you do well in

Kongo, never could get that ship to work for me, and I know it's me because LOTS of players love her and do well in her. It's not the ship, it's the Captain, and in my case the Captain leaves a lot to be desired when he's on the bridge of a Kongo.

Members
348 posts

British heavy cruisers...no matter where my bow is pointed, or range BB's seem to obliterate me with one salvo. I'm up to the Drake and the trend continues. I just havent clicked with them.

• Cool 1

[NONE]
Members
3,757 posts

Indianapolis. If I'm close enough to use radar, I'm too close to survive. It's like trying to knife-fight in a Pensacola, which seldom turns out well. Wind up playing it at ranges that make its gimmick useless.

I'm sure some players can work it, but I can't.

[TDRB]
Members
5,162 posts
13,743 battles

The Algérie. She's is one of my "snowflake" only ships.

Members
6,880 posts
21,375 battles

Something, somewhere along the line the Montana went from bad to good to unplayable.

I can't make that thing perform no matter what I do, I miss every shot, bounce and ricochet off ships made of cardboard, I can't ram a ship if it is standing still....

Maybe make it a secondary's and AA build and let it's AI defenses garner XP for me as I can't do anything right in that ship.

[WOLFG]
Members
11,114 posts
10,336 battles
4 hours ago, Umikami said:

Kongo, never could get that ship to work for me, and I know it's me because LOTS of players love her and do well in her. It's not the ship, it's the Captain, and in my case the Captain leaves a lot to be desired when he's on the bridge of a Kongo.

This.  I just can't make it work.

And I now have 3 of them (only 2, I didn't keep the tech tree).

And their captains yell at me all the time.

[LZ1]
Members
297 posts
6,334 battles
6 hours ago, MnemonScarlet said:

Bayern. First couple games were fun, then the shorter range and the reality of how bad the WW1 era shells were hit, and I ragesold the ship (only ship I ever did that) and skipped what was left with FXP. Got it back for the Christmas Convoy event and still haven't touched it.

My Iowa was cursed AF, but I could probably make it work if it didn't have the devil himself giving it teams. And didn't think I could grind it from stock.

After the Sigma buff the Bayern is one of my favorite low tier BBs. So much so I bought a perm camo for it. DM me if you want to discuss setup/tactics.

[TIGRB]
Members
888 posts
17,075 battles

I agree with you, no matter how hard you try some ships just don't feel right when playing. People love the North Carolina and I can't stand it. Now the Amagi I love. Iowa is a hit and miss ship for me. Conqueror I average over 100,000 damage in but seem to be on bad teams as my wr in it stinks. Same with Henry IV. It's strange how some ships you do well in and some which are considered better you don't do as good. 

[LZ1]
Members
297 posts
6,334 battles
6 hours ago, JediMasterDraco said:

Kind of like the title says. What are the ships that you just don't feel like you do well in or RNGesus just seems screw you over with, no matter what other players or even your own stats say? For me, the ships that I've always just hated with a passion are the Nagato, North Carolina, Iowa, Missouri, and Yamato. I just feel like those ships make me RNGesus's [edited]. Strangely enough, I loved the Fuso and the Amagi.

Lately: Alsace for sure. FDG and Neptune. The Alsace with 1.6 sigma is just horrible. Everything else about it is fine but this cripples it. Even point blank I only land 3-4 hits out of 12. It's stupid. FDG, It has all the downsides of the GK but only 8 guns vs 12 and not as much armor. Once you graduate to the GK it plays much better. FDG just burns to death with HE and the guns are trolly. Neptune, it's extremely slow and sluggish to turn etc. with worse concealment. Not a big difference, but enough to where you end up getting killed in situations where the Edinburgh would have been able to maneuver out of the situation. I hear the Minotaur is totally different. I'll find out shortly.

Frankly, anything with poor sigma is on my list of junk ships. Fuso, Kongo, Lyon, New York etc.

Members
2,440 posts
5,404 battles

Indianapolis. No matter how safe and “map awareness” I use with this ship, if someone pokes me I get massive citadel damage.

Members
351 posts
12,059 battles

For me, the battleships ARP Kongo, ARP Hiei and October Revolution

destroyers, Anshan, Gnevny, Aigle and most Japanese destroyers

cruisers Vargag and the Krasmy Krym, should never have purchased, hard to play when up tiered

I sold my Kutuzov and Belfast back to WG, no regrets about that.

Sign in to follow this