Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
AkiyamaSaneyuki_2017

PSA: Don't be an unpaid player at tier X

68 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Members
561 posts
2,178 battles

Tracked 30 matches, Zao.

First 15 I won 8 out of 7, another 15 3 out of 12 with half of them deleted in the first 5 minutes.

My play style was unchanged.

 

The only thing that did change and I did on purpose however, was that the first 15 rounds I used everything I can buy, the other 15, nothing.

 

I thought 4% disperse for enemy rounds was nothing at >16km distance, wrong. With camo, enemy's shells land nicely around you, without camo, 1 enemy rounds will always get a decent hit, often times it's a citadel.

Also don't underestimate the 3% decrease in detectable range!

  • Cool 1
  • Confused 5
  • Boring 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,610
[WOLF5]
Supertester
4,565 posts
4,223 battles
7 minutes ago, AkiyamaSaneyuki_2017 said:

Tracked 30 matches, Zao.

First 15 I won 8 out of 7, another 15 3 out of 12 with half of them deleted in the first 5 minutes.

My play style was unchanged.

 

The only thing that did change and I did on purpose however, was that the first 15 rounds I used everything I can buy, the other 15, nothing.

 

I thought 4% disperse for enemy rounds was nothing at >16km distance, wrong. With camo, enemy's shells land nicely around you, without camo, 1 enemy rounds will always get a decent hit, often times it's a citadel.

Also don't underestimate the 3% decrease in detectable range!

Yeah, cause you have to pay for those camos that increase dispersion...oh wait, literally all of the free ones have that bonus.

 

So let me get this right. You played 15 games without camo, signal, or premium consumables? And compared those to 15 games with those things? All of which you can get for in game credits (and WG often gives you for just playing)? And you're wondering why you did worse without them? Duh the concealment and dispersion buff are significant. Premium consumables also make a difference. But you don't have to pay for any of those, so I'm not sure what you proved?

  • Cool 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Banned
1,678 posts
1,286 battles
2 minutes ago, AJTP89 said:

Yeah, cause you have to pay for those camos that increase dispersion...oh wait, literally all of the free ones have that bonus.

The free ones cost credits every match if you don't have a stockpile of them. I'm assuming OP is directing this post at users who go in naked to save the 12k (or however much it costs).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,104
[FOXEH]
Banned
14,364 posts
20,266 battles
48 minutes ago, AJTP89 said:

literally all of the free ones have that bonus.

Which camos are free? (Inquiring minds want to know!)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8,815
[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
13,713 posts
2 hours ago, AkiyamaSaneyuki_2017 said:

If you want them when you need them, you need to pay.

You don't have a huge number of battles so I don't know how long you have played the game. Maybe you don't know but since WOWS started there has been an event every few months that gives out free permacamos. The last one was the Halloween event. Not to mention that you get camos daily from the ongoing missions and crates. Add to this the fact that if you play enough you can amass the doubloons for a tier X permacamo at least once a year and you have no excuse not to wear camo at tier X.

I just checked my coffers. I have over 800 sets of 50 different camouflages and 60 permacamos as well, and I'm just a more-or-less casual player.

 

Edited by Snargfargle
  • Cool 2
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24
[KSE]
Members
75 posts
12,893 battles
9 hours ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

[hidden]

How many battles does one need to be eligible to speak without being judged? How high of a percent win rate does one need to be allowed to play in tier 10 or ranked? 

I'm seeing so much of this in game and on forums, i feel like there is a huge gap between vet players and newbies. 

we're either told to do another 10k battles before we can do ranked, or go do low tier randoms and "learn in randoms" or do co-op.

What is the point of the game then? To be honest, randoms in my limited experience in the past 2 months has been nothing but "Randoms" In a game where Teamwork is too essential not just to winning a match, but to have "FUN" 

In some matches, i may accidentally held off a flank on my own or with very few totally accidental simply because i couldn't move out or pin'd down etc and the team won by flanking the red side. It was NOT fun, constantly getting shot at by multiple ships, especially when you can't see them.

When we ask for help in chat, Conqueror BB way in the back brags about his dmg and tells us to l2p and craptalks our "45% win rate" I mean come on, this game I heard the average player age is almost 40? 
This isn't world of warcraft or some mmos filled with kids, but my goodness the community puts alot of pressure on new players for higher win rates more battles. Maybe that is why everyone just camps or all afraid to make a move because they are afraid to lose? then again how does new players get smolensks and thunderers etc??

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,257
[TBW]
Members
10,723 posts
18,431 battles

The lesson here folks is, don't go out in public when you are naked. You may think you still look good but others may not. Put some clothes on and cover that, what ever you call it.

Edited by Sovereigndawg
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8,815
[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
13,713 posts
3 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

The lesson here folks is, don't go out in public when you are naked. You may think you still look good but others may not. Put some clothes on and cover that, what ever you call it.

Like a certain supermodel once said, "When I wake up in the morning even I don't look like 'me'."

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
561 posts
2,178 battles
2 hours ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Surely OP, your 2.1k Random Battles with 45% WR had nothing to do with your issues?  Not to mention you don't even own a Zao.

You're a Battleship Main that has gotten to Tier IX Izumo and your Dmg Avg for Battleships is 22k.

You have no idea what you're doing and God help whatever team you're on.

 

I specifically remember you from long ago whining about how bad IJN BBs were, stopped them and worked on German BBs, celebrating how great they were, only to find out you still sucked with them once you got past Tier III Nassau.

What are you talking about?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
136
[SCCC]
[SCCC]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
240 posts
8,996 battles
8 minutes ago, AkiyamaSaneyuki_2017 said:

What are you talking about?

Which server did you do this on? Run around with a Zao, that is. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,099
[4HIM]
Members
3,243 posts
14,271 battles

I'm still amazed how many T10's I see running sans camo.  Heck, many times I've seen premiums in battle with no camo.  That surprises me even more.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
443 posts
451 battles

Wait...Are you saying premium consumables, flags, and camouflage can give your ship an advantage in battle? Holy cow! Does Wargaming know about this? It could break the game! 

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,070
[DDMAF]
Members
2,897 posts
16,429 battles

I don't use camo below T7.

1 hour ago, Spaardacus said:

i feel like there is a huge gap between vet players and newbies. 

Yep. It's a hard game that takes a steep learning curve. Some players are natural gamers and get it right out of the gate (unicums). The rest of us need experience and constant failure to correct our bad habits to get better. There are a bunch that are incapable of learning, and they provide XP to those of us that do evolve. God bless them.

 

1 hour ago, Spaardacus said:

In some matches, i may accidentally held off a flank on my own or with very few totally accidental simply because i couldn't move out or pin'd down etc and the team won by flanking the red side. It was NOT fun, constantly getting shot at by multiple ships, especially when you can't see them.

It gets better man. I didn't get a feel for this for nearly 5K games. Don't sweat it; just go in and have fun and try to learn from every game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,070
[DDMAF]
Members
2,897 posts
16,429 battles
1 hour ago, Spaardacus said:

How many battles does one need to be eligible to speak without being judged? How high of a percent win rate does one need to be allowed to play in tier 10 or ranked? 

I'm seeing so much of this in game and on forums, i feel like there is a huge gap between vet players and newbies. 

we're either told to do another 10k battles before we can do ranked, or go do low tier randoms and "learn in randoms" or do co-op.

What is the point of the game then? To be honest, randoms in my limited experience in the past 2 months has been nothing but "Randoms" In a game where Teamwork is too essential not just to winning a match, but to have "FUN" 

In some matches, i may accidentally held off a flank on my own or with very few totally accidental simply because i couldn't move out or pin'd down etc and the team won by flanking the red side. It was NOT fun, constantly getting shot at by multiple ships, especially when you can't see them.

When we ask for help in chat, Conqueror BB way in the back brags about his dmg and tells us to l2p and craptalks our "45% win rate" I mean come on, this game I heard the average player age is almost 40? 
This isn't world of warcraft or some mmos filled with kids, but my goodness the community puts alot of pressure on new players for higher win rates more battles. Maybe that is why everyone just camps or all afraid to make a move because they are afraid to lose? then again how does new players get smolensks and thunderers etc??

Hey man, go to wowsnumbers.com and creep on stats for players you see on the forums with more than 10k battles. EVERY one will have charts that display steady, sometimes even remarkable, progress.

Here is @Capt_Ahab1776 displaying constant improvement. No extended plateaus or dips. Just persistence.

image.thumb.png.0ac1cc0caa565cc71cd95f5ae0d801d7.png

 

Here I am with constant improvement. 

image.thumb.png.e747543dbb16fc0ea902a43a71d98594.png

 

The picture you will see painted will tell a tale of progress and success that follows experience. This is the story waiting for most of us: stick with it and have fun, and you will get better the more you play.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,179 posts
4,381 battles

I dunno man. I got gud without Premium. And now that I run a daily job, I can afford Premium. Didn't change much though.

 

~Hunter

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,323
[O_O]
Members
6,894 posts
16,528 battles

It isn't considered "paying" if you use silver credits, which are earned for free in-game.  If you are using doubloons, I call that "paying".

I have thousands of camo, I use one EVERY game.  I have NEVER "paid" for one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11,488
[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
28,711 posts
24,985 battles
2 hours ago, Spaardacus said:

How many battles does one need to be eligible to speak without being judged? How high of a percent win rate does one need to be allowed to play in tier 10 or ranked? 

I'm seeing so much of this in game and on forums, i feel like there is a huge gap between vet players and newbies. 

we're either told to do another 10k battles before we can do ranked, or go do low tier randoms and "learn in randoms" or do co-op.

What is the point of the game then? To be honest, randoms in my limited experience in the past 2 months has been nothing but "Randoms" In a game where Teamwork is too essential not just to winning a match, but to have "FUN" 

In some matches, i may accidentally held off a flank on my own or with very few totally accidental simply because i couldn't move out or pin'd down etc and the team won by flanking the red side. It was NOT fun, constantly getting shot at by multiple ships, especially when you can't see them.

When we ask for help in chat, Conqueror BB way in the back brags about his dmg and tells us to l2p and craptalks our "45% win rate" I mean come on, this game I heard the average player age is almost 40? 
This isn't world of warcraft or some mmos filled with kids, but my goodness the community puts alot of pressure on new players for higher win rates more battles. Maybe that is why everyone just camps or all afraid to make a move because they are afraid to lose? then again how does new players get smolensks and thunderers etc??

He has absolutely no clue what he's doing out there.  The sad part is it's not the first time.  I put up two links to HIS stupid threads.  You read those threads from 2017 and compare his posts to today, he has had absolutely ZERO improvement, posting the same dumb, wrong, nonsensical posts.

He's gotten past 1k battles.  *USUALLY* when one breaks that mark they have to have SOME CLUE as to how the game is played.  That guy doesn't.

If the requirement for participating in Ranked is "10k battles" then there will be practically nobody in ranked, so I don't know who's telling you that bull or you're making sh*t up.

If you're constantly getting shot apart by multiple ships, congratulations, that's your fault for putting your ship in a loser's focus fire position.

 

Anybody that's any decent in the game, 50%+ WR, has been bad.  There is room for improvement.  Some guys care about improvement, others don't.  Personally, I had 1200 Random Battles into the game with a terrible 43-45% WR.  But I got better.  It took time and work to get better.  I got tired of being someone else's XP / Credits Pinata.  I wanted that to end.  Until you get there to being a positive performer for the team, you are a drain to the team, a negative factor, just like I was.  Bad players don't know what they're doing;  I sure as hell didn't.  I've often seen them come to these boards over the years with these crazy posts that only affirms why they are bad to begin with.

LOL the dude made another thread showcasing how bad he really is:

He doesn't know what he's doing.  A team he's on would be better served with someone just facerolling the keyboard instead of that guy actively trying to play.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway
  • Boring 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,661
[PVE]
Members
20,105 posts
12,922 battles
6 hours ago, Umikami said:

Which camos are free? (Inquiring minds want to know!)

These you get just by playing or using in-game currency you get just by playing. The camos in the Missions, Events, Shipments, etc change up depending on the event.

 

1513427419_Containercamo.thumb.JPG.c45eac007af259505e94c58d0d7bfde6.JPG

195590662_EventTokencamo.thumb.JPG.51eb8488dac0eabd3fd88d651d00ead0.JPG

876243792_Shipmentscamo.thumb.JPG.49b31430c67919520410d15c242afead.JPG

1270223967_Valentinescamo.thumb.JPG.f9c998949f500d5879b9cc3391a46a08.JPG

1829005142_Chaincamo.thumb.JPG.24641b4ad2287f0659b54637d74c421d.JPG

1880160606_Missionscamo.thumb.JPG.227c01f44931b80b1aefe4aa2038c8a2.JPG

1425516486_Armorycamo.thumb.JPG.d15a9eade8eff8ab4013c10e24886a94.JPG

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Banned
715 posts
1,118 battles
7 hours ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Surely OP, your 2.1k Random Battles with 45% WR had nothing to do with your issues?  Not to mention you don't even own a Zao.

You're a Battleship Main that has gotten to Tier IX Izumo and your Dmg Avg for Battleships is 22k.

You have no idea what you're doing and God help whatever team you're on.

 

I specifically remember you from long ago whining about how bad IJN BBs were, stopped them and worked on German BBs, celebrating how great they were, only to find out you still sucked with them once you got past Tier III Nassau.

I get what he is saying dont be such a snark prick 

It's just like prep for AA and you will get less CV matches 

There is a mechanic at play 

  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,104
[FOXEH]
Banned
14,364 posts
20,266 battles
1 hour ago, Kizarvexis said:

These you get just by playing or using in-game currency you get just by playing. The camos in the Missions, Events, Shipments, etc change up depending on the event.

I understand the point you're making, and from a certain perspective it's correct. From my perspective, I'm saying that if I had to do something to get that "FREE" camo then it wasn't really free; like there ain't no such thing as a free lunch. TANSTAAFL.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,661
[PVE]
Members
20,105 posts
12,922 battles
1 minute ago, Umikami said:

I understand the point you're making, and from a certain perspective it's correct. From my perspective, I'm saying that if I had to do something to get that "FREE" camo then it wasn't really free; like there ain't no such thing as a free lunch. TANSTAAFL.

Well, you could not play the game, so then you won't have to worry about getting a 'free' item just by playing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×