You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Snargfargle

If you don't like CVs...

87 comments in this topic

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
13,718 posts

Play a Massachusetts.

image.png.92ea466d466c8fefc9dacfae0545d294.png

BTW, I wasn't sunk by planes. I was sunk by a battleship.

Edited by Snargfargle
  • Cool 4
  • Funny 3
  • Boring 5

[CVLUL]
Members
323 posts
14,900 battles
27 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

Play a Massachusetts.

You know what your 68 plane kills mean? Nothing, not a damn thing to the CV......

• Cool 2
  • Boring 8

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
13,718 posts
4 minutes ago, dieselhead77 said:

You know what your 68 plane kills mean? Nothing, not a damn thing to the CV......

12,000 games and you have never played a carrier. Sorry, but you know nothing about CVs.

• Cool 13
  • Boring 9

[KNCOL]
Members
812 posts
2,029 battles
9 minutes ago, dieselhead77 said:

Maybe you should make a very original post that says CV bad then..... also give no ideas on how to balance too that would be totally awesome and original 

• Cool 1

[WOLF5]
Supertester
4,576 posts
4,223 battles
9 minutes ago, dieselhead77 said:

It means he spent WAY too much time on one ship. I'm sure Snarg's DDs appreciated him being the diversion. The high plane kills say more about the red CV player than the MA AA, though the AA is definitely impressive. BBs have the best AA right now IMO. My first AA defense expert award was in my Montana (may have been T8 CV).

Tier is really the main factor though. If that was a Midway the planes kills would be like 5. CVs still have all kinds of problems.

Nice work though @Snargfargle, Mass is a lot of fun:cap_rambo:

• Cool 1

[CVLUL]
Members
323 posts
14,900 battles
30 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

12,000 games and you have never played a carrier. Sorry, but you know nothing about CVs.

Love how you check my stats while hiding your own...

Did the enemy CV run out of planes? I bet he was among the last ships remaining at the end too.

SO yeah, dont need to play CV to learn what happens with them. Very naive of you to even think otherwise.

• Cool 8
  • Funny 1
  • Confused 1
  • Boring 1

[CVLUL]
Members
323 posts
14,900 battles
40 minutes ago, Koogus said:

Maybe you should make a very original post that says CV bad then..... also give no ideas on how to balance too that would be totally awesome and original 

Coz the crap snarg posted was soooo amazingly in depth wasnt it?................

• Boring 1

[FOXEH]
Banned
14,364 posts
20,307 battles
53 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

Bet he knows they're OP, like your friend who just had that record setting game in the Lexington.

Why do CV people feel if you don't play CVs you have no right to have an opinion about CVs?

That's like saying if you don't own a gun you have no right to have an opinion about guns; even after you've been shot by one!

Oh, and FYI, no, losing 68 planes made NO DIFFERENCE WHATSOEVER to a CV player whose ship has eternal plane regeneration.

I'm sure at the end he was still launching full squadrons!

• Cool 7
  • Boring 3

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
13,718 posts
1 hour ago, Umikami said:

Oh, and FYI, no, losing 68 planes made NO DIFFERENCE WHATSOEVER to a CV player whose ship has eternal plane regeneration.

I'm sure at the end he was still launching full squadrons!

Same old tune by someone who either doesn't play the reworked CVs (proven, I just checked) or is selectively ignoring facts. Check out Flambass' recent video where he plays a CV. If you have ever watched Flambass you will know that he definitely is no fan of CVs. However, even he has to admit that they can be effectively deplaned at times.

Edited by Snargfargle
  • Cool 3
  • Boring 6

[WG-CC]
Wiki Editor, Members
9,091 posts
7,983 battles
2 hours ago, dieselhead77 said:

If you seriously believe that 54 planes (excluding fighters) lost to a single ship means nothing then you in a rather serious delusion. Aircraft on CVs are in practice limited by replenishment rates. Sure, if you give the CVs four or five minutes it can regenerate the losses. But four or five minutes in a match that only lasts up to 20 minutes are long. And until then you either sit around idly or you try to make do with something like this:

shot-19.04.09_03.35.31-0551.jpg

But hey, plane losses meant not a damn thing to my CV, right? Unlimited aircraft and all~

• Cool 10
  • Boring 2

[CVLUL]
Members
323 posts
14,900 battles

lol ok....

Edited by dieselhead77

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
13,718 posts
6 minutes ago, dieselhead77 said:

Oh yeah? And how many of the 68 were fighters? How often is a CV actually deplaned? Not that often.

Yeah I know all the theory but in the end you know being deplaned only happens to bad players.

I've played enough games with reworked CV's in them to know that.

How often does a surface ship run out of shells or a DD out of torpedoes? I'd say never unless through a really odd set of circumstances all of its turrets and torpedo launchers were destroyed.

Planes regenerate, true. However, if you have ever played the reworked CVs you will know that partial attack groups are pretty-much useless because you will lose them before you get close enough to drop ordinance.

Wait, I see that you have never played a CV. Why don't you play one and see for yourself. 

Edited by Snargfargle
  • Cool 3
  • Boring 4

[CVLUL]
Members
323 posts
14,900 battles
4 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

How often does a surface ship run out of shells or a DD out of torpedoes? I'd say never unless through a really odd set of circumstances all of its turrets and torpedo launchers were destroyed.

Planes regenerate, true. However, if you have ever played the reworked CVs you will know that partial attack groups are pretty-much useless because you will lose them before you get close enough to drop ordinance.

Wait, I see that you have never played a CV. Why don't you play one and see for yourself. 

Blah Blah Blah...counter play anyone? Oh thats right, there isnt any.

I dont need to play them to know that. 

If you were honest you would admit good CV player rarely run out of planes plus you can slingshot to avoid losing planes anyway.

Like seriously dude, where IS the downside to CV's?

I also really like how you snoop through others stats and profiles while hiding your own, says a lot about who you are......

• Cool 5
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 2

[BONKS]
Members
957 posts
3,794 battles

A Massachusetts will die to my CV just as easily as any other BB. Guessing that CV played eat the fluffy black clouds is all. Was a T6 CV? Coz if so that’s not impressive really. Almost a quarter were fighters so just plane flooder. And while he didn’t kill you I bet he made it easier for the BB that did nab you. So, is this post trying to prove CV’s are weak? Coz you’re failing to do so.

• Cool 3
  • Boring 1

[FOXEH]
Banned
14,364 posts
20,307 battles
1 hour ago, Snargfargle said:

Same old tune by someone who either doesn't play the reworked CVs (proven, I just checked) or is selectively ignoring facts. Check out Flambass' recent video where he plays a CV. If you have ever watched Flambass you will know that he definitely is no fan of CVs. However, even he has to admit that they can be effectively deplaned at times.

Wow, you mean there is ONE aspect of CVs where they are vulnerable? Well QUICK! FIX THAT! Of course CVs can, and SHOULD BE, deplaned; can't ships lose AA and turrets and torp launchers? If they can use and lose delivery systems, so should CVs be able to lose delivery systems. And just as poor players will lose them sooner, so should poor CV players lose them sooner. So lets give CVs a definite but limited number of planes, the good players will be fine, and the poor players will learn or quit, just like with every other ship. 

And like I said before, I don't need to own a gun to have an opinion on guns, especially after I've been shot by one. Same with CVs.

• Cool 4
  • Boring 2

[DOTM]
Beta Testers
1,813 posts
13,038 battles
54 minutes ago, SireneRacker said:

If you seriously believe that 54 planes (excluding fighters) lost to a single ship means nothing then you in a rather serious delusion. Aircraft on CVs are in practice limited by replenishment rates. Sure, if you give the CVs four or five minutes it can regenerate the losses. But four or five minutes in a match that only lasts up to 20 minutes are long. And until then you either sit around idly or you try to make do with something like this:

shot-19.04.09_03.35.31-0551.jpg

But hey, plane losses meant not a damn thing to my CV, right? Unlimited aircraft and all~

There's your mistake: You think that the anti-CV crowd want to be educated. They don't. They don't want to know a thing about how CVs actually play because that would challenge their preconceptions that CVs=bad. Learning how CVs play would mean admitting that they aren't completely OP.

• Cool 7
  • Boring 7

[INTEL]
Members
13,459 posts
37,716 battles
4 hours ago, Snargfargle said:

Play a Massachusetts.

You know what those plane kills mean? Not a damn thing to the CV! I've shot down over 50 several times. Guess what. The CV just kept coming and coming. Every one of those games sucked. The only reason I didn't park and let it finish me was because I was divved. 

The World of Warplanes Meta is indefensible garbage, totally unfun. I know you are working hard on rationalizations for this social disorder you call CVs, but until they are gone, many of us will not be spending a dime for ships in this garbage meta.  

• Cool 2
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 2

[INTEL]
Members
13,459 posts
37,716 battles
Just now, Zaydin said:

Learning how CVs play would mean admitting that they aren't completely OP.

OP is not the issue. They make the game unfun. That is the problem. Learning how to play CV would not make the game any more fun for players like me, and it would mean inflicting this garbage World of Warplanes meta on 22 other people. No thanks, I like my fellow man better than to do that to him. 

• Cool 4
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[CLRN]
Members
598 posts
122 battles
3 hours ago, Snargfargle said:

Well, i do. And do you know what those plane kills mean to CV? Not a damn thing.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[CLRN]
Members
598 posts
122 battles
1 hour ago, Snargfargle said:

Even with few planes in squadron, you can still torp people and get kills.

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
13,718 posts
12 minutes ago, ghostbuster_ said:

Even with few planes in squadron, you can still torp people and get kills.

Who needs planes when you are Flambass!

image.thumb.png.e3eeb9a39f148a2a2715ab01b0f1bb3c.png

• Boring 1

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
13,718 posts
23 minutes ago, Taichunger said:

OP is not the issue. They make the game unfun. That is the problem. 

CVs must not make the game too unfun for you as you have 32,000 battles and they have been in the game since the early Beta.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1