You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
BCGrog

Wargaming - Let's see some historical premiums, directives and events at low tiers

13 comments in this topic

[TOG]
Members
207 posts
11,193 battles

If wargaming wants a healthy game and player base they need to stop focusing all their energy in high tier play and herding everyone to T10 so they can sell stuff.

They need to be creative and have fun events in the lower tiers so we can take out the fun ships down there.

Yes, I understand the revenue model, so I get it, they need top tier 8, 9, and 10 play to sell stuff. But that's not to say people wouldn't buy premiums at low tier.

The developers have created some awesome historical ships down there already.

Also. Think of World War 1 naval battles - there were huge fleets of great ships at Jutland, the famous Goeben and Breslau,  Helgoland Bight, Dogger Bank, the famous chase and sinking of the original Scharnhorst and Gneisenau at Falklands, etc. 

You could have entirely new lines of ships from the fleets of that era.

I'd be happy to buy and play these ships like Invincible and Inflexible instead of all these new fake ones.

Directives and events from tier 3 to 7 would ensure a healthy mix of play all over the ten tiers.

• Cool 11

[RLGN]
Members
15,184 posts
26,836 battles

‘But, but muh spreadsheets say nobody plays anything but tier 10 tanks! I mean ships!’

Seriously; I don’t give two shakes of a fat rat’s backside for all the paper garbage populating the higher tiers.

I’d be more interested in playing participants of the battles you mentioned, or those from other historical encounters (Sedlitz NOW WG!) than I would be in the current meta of ahistorical speculation.

But I guess I’m just a useless outlier, as far as WG cares.

• Cool 3

[B-G-N]
Members
381 posts
539 battles
48 minutes ago, BCGrog said:

If wargaming wants a healthy game and player base they need to stop focusing all their energy in high tier play and herding everyone to T10 so they can sell stuff.

They need to be creative and have fun events in the lower tiers so we can take out the fun ships down there.

Yes, I understand the revenue model, so I get it, they need top tier 8, 9, and 10 play to sell stuff. But that's not to say people wouldn't buy premiums at low tier.

Also. Think of World War 1 naval battles - there were huge fleets of great ships at Jutland, the famous Goeben and Breslau,  Helgoland Bight, Dogger Bank, the famous chase and sinking of the original Scharnhorst and Gneisenau at Falklands, etc. 

I'd be happy to buy and play these ships like Invincible and Inflexible instead of all these new fake ones.

Directives and events from tier 3 to 7 would ensure a healthy mix of play all over the ten tiers.

Like I said, I'm all for that. The game isn't getting many new players and lower tiers are dying,

Members
707 posts

Works for me! I actually grabbed Tenryu to test something out for someone, I forgot how much fun those T2-4 botes can be! (EXCEPT Katori, next time I need a port slot, it goes).

[PVE]
Members
4,832 posts
21,205 battles
59 minutes ago, BCGrog said:

But, ^^^ takes money to do !  There is no way they are going to spend to create even more "stuff" they can't support.........  The fastest and cheapest way is to simply add more ships and gimmicks and recirculate everything else....  That is the new norm it seems.  Good idea though......

[FOXEH]
Banned
14,364 posts
20,327 battles

WG wants EVERYONE playing high tiers, and to facilitate that, per Sub Octavian, there will be no low or mid tier events. (Please don't kill the messenger!)

[PVE]
Members
7,314 posts
23,183 battles
4 hours ago, ItsSubmersible said:

(EXCEPT Katori, next time I need a port slot, it goes).

Bad idea...get rid of a premium & you're almost guaranteed to get it back in the next SC/Santa crate/etc.

Members
707 posts
3 hours ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

Bad idea...get rid of a premium & you're almost guaranteed to get it back in the next SC/Santa crate/etc.

Good point, I think that's where it came from originally!

[WOLFC]
Members
691 posts
26,351 battles
8 hours ago, BCGrog said:

I spend most of my time at tiers 5 to 8 and I've spent more money on this game than I care to admit. Is it really the case that players who habitually play at high tiers contribute more money to WG than everyone else? Since all we have to go on is WG's obsession with high tier PvP gameplay, I guess we have to infer that to be true. I wish we had more concrete evidence than that, though.

9 hours ago, BCGrog said:

WG has produced a number of historical ships that I'm glad are in the game. Can't wait for California. I don't care if it's slow, I'll buy it anyway because it was a ship with a service history. But WG is focused on high tiers and all the historical ships that are suitable for high tiers are in the game already unless they find some more cold war era gun ships to add. Otherwise WG is forced to model paper ships or just come up with ideas of their own. 

8 hours ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Seriously; I don’t give two shakes of a fat rat’s backside for all the paper garbage populating the higher tiers.

Right there with you. I'm much more likely to spend money on ships with a service history and much more likely to ignore paper ships. 

[WOLFC]
Members
691 posts
26,351 battles
5 hours ago, Umikami said:

WG wants EVERYONE playing high tiers

Yup. And my answer to WG is; "Thanks, but I'll play the ships I want to play, not the ones you want me to play."

• Cool 1

[FOXEH]
Banned
14,364 posts
20,327 battles
3 hours ago, Rumple010 said:

Yup. And my answer to WG is; "Thanks, but I'll play the ships I want to play, not the ones you want me to play."

I hear you, and do the same, but it kind of sux that all the events are high tiered because all WG gives a damn about is the money.

[WOLFC]
Members
520 posts
7,825 battles
16 minutes ago, KiyoSenkan said:

Tier 2 BB USS Maine, perhaps?

And give it a 100% chance of detonation, but only if it's stationary.

More seriously though, I like the OPs idea. I know it's been suggested many, many times, but also extending the tier tree down instead of up would allow a lot of good options. Added bonus would be the additional navies that actually had real ships in the time period.