You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Jechill

Tired of being perpetual victim for world of warships

40 comments in this topic

Members
73 posts
2,989 battles

I have no way to upgrade my ships, my stats suck majorly even though ive been playing for over 2 years. I understand the way to play but there are always ships way better than mine playing the game. The last 10 games have been a total one sided affair with the boats on the other team being so overwhelmingly superior to any of the ones on my team that i can predict a loss, just by looking at the ship lineup. Im tired of seeing bad, on my stats. Ive worked very hard and watched all the video's and i know no one is cheating. Without putting out large sums of money that I do not have you just cannot get anywhere in this game and you will be a perpetual victim for the ones who have invested money. All of my captains are the same ones i had when i started two years ago, there is simply no way to upgrade them without paying or playing for years and years.  You simply cannot gain experience fast enough. Im stuck buying with the few coins i do with, signals and camouflages. Then back to the game to be killed again. There used to be ,two weeks ago , a time I could win every now and then, but its fast becoming a total waste of time and completely unenjoyable  when you never win. Im tired of being perpetually on the losing side. Something needs to be done to fix this so the teams are more evenly matched.   https://worldofwarships.com/en/community/accounts/1033680101-Jechill/!/pvp/overview/       These are my stats and your welcome to look. Depending on the response i get from this I will be leaving the game.

• Cool 4
  • Funny 1
  • Confused 1
  • Boring 1

Members
3 posts
75 battles

Maybe stop and think maybe you aren't a victim. You say you have a good understanding of the game, but perhaps just take the time to gain some more insight into how to play specifically in the tiers you are at and you may improve. Blaming the world won't make things better, but improving yourself will.

• Cool 4

Members
73 posts
2,989 battles

Lol, its all about the ships and the perks you get with the ships.

Ive gone toe to toe with some ships you cant hit, ships you cant harm and ships that can shoot anywhere on the map and accurately, while my bullets do next to nothing. Like I said Im thinking of giving up and Im sure many others are too.  Just try to bring a New Orleans up against a Massetuses. Even with all the flags and add ons that are available you cannot hope to win. Then theres the ships that know you cant harm them , so they just sit there and shoot at you till your dead. Really makes you feel good and positive about playing. You cant get good with the ai diverting your shots, depending on who your aiming at. Its so fricken obvious that the paid players are being allowed to kill the free ones. Perpetual victims unless they pay.

• Boring 1

[MRL]
Members
475 posts
3,260 battles

Your hit ratio with your main battery guns is 24.53 %. 

If you improve your aim you will see improvements. Then work on positioning.

What helped me was changing to dynamic crosshair, that helped me alot. 

Edited by Slumlord_Dasboot
  • Cool 2

Alpha Tester
1,375 posts
12,631 battles
3 minutes ago, Jechill said:

Lol, its all about the ships and the perks you get with the ships.

Ive gone toe to toe with some ships you cant hit, ships you cant harm and ships that can shoot anywhere on the map and accurately, while my bullets do next to nothing. Like I said Im thinking of giving up and Im sure many others are too.  Just try to bring a New Orleans up against a Massetuses. Even with all the flags and add ons that are available you cannot hope to win. Then theres the ships that know you cant harm them , so they just sit there and shoot at you till your dead. Really makes you feel good and positive about playing. You cant get good with the ai diverting your shots, depending on who your aiming at. Its so fricken obvious that the paid players are being allowed to kill the free ones. Perpetual victims unless they pay.

I've had the same captain on my Yamato since open beta, (with a couple respecs for free thrown in there). As to what you said it seems you need to learn plating theasholds. For example, 203mm guns can HE pen 32mm of armor, which means you can pen bow and stern of tier 8 and up battleships. However some bbs like German and Russian, are much more resilient to HE spam because of heavier plating. I haven't had the chance to check your stats yet but it sounds like you're a cruiser player. HE pen is a massive part of your style of play, it also helps to know that you should never be close to battleships, learn to abuse your detection ranges and or islands. You have the ability to pick and choose your fights (minus perma-spotting by a DD). As for hitting dds that just comes with practice, id suggest looking at some same tier and higher dds to learn their max speeds so you can better guess how much to lead by.

[HELLS]
Members
2,754 posts
29,554 battles

My stats have alway been crap. Don't care, just having fun, and I have been playing for 4 years. No point in crying about it. Wait until you have it done to you in Co-op against the bots!

• Cool 5

[HC]
[HC]
Beta Testers
3,379 posts
13,062 battles

Pick match ups that favors you.

Taking a New Orleans up against a Massachusetts in a straight up fight is not going to work well for you, the Massachusetts being a premium has nothing to do with it. Many tech tree BB's can out perform her.

The New Orleans is an 8 inch gun cruiser. Go Cruiser and Destroyer hunting, she's good at that.

Edited by SgtBeltfed
  • Cool 1

[YORHA]
Members
5,203 posts
10,360 battles

Watch the first video in this series...

Then watch the rest.  And don't just watch... learn.

When I used to do objective setting sessions for my staff (which were tied to annual raises) inevitably there would be a chorus of "I wanna take a PowerPoint Course" or "I wanna take an Excel course".  For years I fell for it. He/She took the course, brought me the paperwork... objective met.  I finally figured out that the correct answer was "Sure... you can take the course, but I won't sign off on your objective until you have taken a test that I will administer 6 months after you take the course".  That way the objective became to learn PowerPoint or Excel... not just to take the course.  People had to learn to get the sign off (and the raise).

Don't just watch... learn.

Edited by JCC45
  • Cool 1

[FOXEH]
Banned
14,364 posts
20,327 battles
10 minutes ago, John_Crace said:

What are the ships you are having a problem with?

Actually, OP has issues with all types of ship; it's just he's worse in some over others, where he is just bad.

39 minutes ago, Jechill said:

my stats suck majorly

Yes, but you can improve.

ONE; don't rush up the ship lines like it's a race to get to the top. This is really a case where the journey should be more rewarding than the destination. Learn each ship you play, learn how to make it viable in any match, and when you are happy with your performance with it, THEN move on.

TWO; concentrate on a couple of lines at a time, so you can remember what worked and what didn't and how to use that knowledge to improve. It also helps if the two or three ships you're grinding are the same TYPE of ship so your lessons won't be confusing.

THREE; communicate within matches using the in game chat so that you can coordinate your efforts with your teammates. Yes, there will be times when they won't answer or cooperate with you, but the times they do will be very rewarding. At first it would be best to listen to their suggestions, but as you progress do not be afraid to make suggestions yourself, nor should you get hurt if your suggestions are ignored. There are many paths to victory and you need, as a team, to choose only one.

FOUR; ask your team mates for their input on your game. They are a good source for feedback, and if it fits for you then you can use it, while if it doesn't fit for you then you can disregard it. Just don't disregard it because you don't like it before you unbiasedly consider it.

Go back, find a couple of lower tier ships you like playing, and grind them up until your RECENT win rates are better and YOU are happy with your performance. THEN, move on.

• Cool 2

Members
443 posts
451 battles

I checked your stats and see you have 1 battle in a 2-player div, and 0 battles in 3-player division. My initial suggestion would be to division up with friends or clan mates who can (1) make the game much more enjoyable win or lose; (2) help you learn and improve your gameplay; and (3) help you win, period. There are a lot of advantages to division play, especially if the other players are better than you, and almost no downside.

If your clan isn’t able or willing to div or have training room sessions, tactics and strat sessions on discord, etc. there are plenty out there that do and if I were you, that would be my next avenue to explore.

• Cool 2

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
4,852 posts
17,461 battles

Looks like you do good in the Colorado and the Nicholas. Concentrate on those for awhile. Till you can pitch a quarter in the air and shoot it every time before it hits the ground. Some ships and classes just seem to elude some people. For now press where your strong. Then maybe diversify (slowly) into something else. Winning cures a lot of ailes.

[JHSAV]
Members
30 posts
2,680 battles

Every ship in-game has the means to sink another, regardless of what you're up against if that ship is played right. I'm probably the last player to say this considering I admit to being one of those ragey players who cusses in chat often. It's not always what you're up against. It's how you play your ship combined with how your team acts. Don't let enemy ships intimidate ya.

[TIGRB]
Members
368 posts
1,752 battles
1 hour ago, Jechill said:

I have no way to upgrade my ships, my stats suck majorly even though ive been playing for over 2 years. I understand the way to play but there are always ships way better than mine playing the game. The last 10 games have been a total one sided affair with the boats on the other team being so overwhelmingly superior to any of the ones on my team that i can predict a loss, just by looking at the ship lineup. Im tired of seeing bad, on my stats. Ive worked very hard and watched all the video's and i know no one is cheating. Without putting out large sums of money that I do not have you just cannot get anywhere in this game and you will be a perpetual victim for the ones who have invested money. All of my captains are the same ones i had when i started two years ago, there is simply no way to upgrade them without paying or playing for years and years.  You simply cannot gain experience fast enough. Im stuck buying with the few coins i do with, signals and camouflages. Then back to the game to be killed again. There used to be ,two weeks ago , a time I could win every now and then, but its fast becoming a total waste of time and completely unenjoyable  when you never win. Im tired of being perpetually on the losing side. Something needs to be done to fix this so the teams are more evenly matched.   https://worldofwarships.com/en/community/accounts/1033680101-Jechill/!/pvp/overview/       These are my stats and your welcome to look. Depending on the response i get from this I will be leaving the game.

Anytime you would like, I would be happy to division up with you. A lot of people on here will. Their is a lot to learn. I hit a rough streak lately also but I won't give up. I can't use discord but am still willing g to help in anyway I can. You took a hit, Now move forward.:Smile_izmena:

• Cool 4

[O_O]
Members
6,909 posts
16,582 battles

Once again, @Jechill, you are playing the victim.  You constantly blame hacks as the reason you "can't win".  Every post you have made displays a negative mindset.

Instead of blaming "hacks" and insisting your poor play is beyond your control, you need to own the fact that it IS in your control.  Learn the mechanics and learn from your mistakes, rather than screaming "HAX" and throwing a fit.

People here will help you, but you need to chill and stop the temper tantrums.

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,366 posts
22,200 battles

I'll  be a bit blunt:

Your playing too high tiers for your skill level.

I'm not trying to be mean.

Observations based on your stats:

Positive first: your very good in the Scharnhurst.  So you do understand the basics. Problem with Scharnhurst is tier 7 is a sweet spot.

Negatives:

I believe you take your destroyers in too deep, unsupported and die early.

USN destroyers can't contest caps early. Don't speed boost to cap.

I believe your too aggressive with your cruisers and close in and die early.

Battleships:

Your Tirpitz,  Massachusetts and N. CAROLINA stats show a lack of understanding high tier game play.

Do not make statements about tech tree ships not being competitive vs gold ships.

New Mexico,  Colorado and N. CAROLINA are extremely strong ships IF you understand how to play them.

The Atago and Prinz Eugene are extremely strong T8 Cruisers, IF you know how to play them.

MY Recommendations:

Go back down to tier 4 protected match making and work on your map awareness and ship angles. 

Tier 5 and 6 for your aim.

Make sure your ships are fully upgraded.

Make sure you have all module slots filled with appropriate upgrades.

Insure you have a 10 point captain before you call a ship trash.

PM me if you want to set up some training sessions.

Note: I am a 48% potato, but an A student about the game. 

(I lack 100% ability to put actions to practice), overly aggressive player, slowly learning to slow down.

I can train you on any tech tree ship, any tier. (Except carriers and Goliath)

Hundreds of hours studying game through Ichase, Flamu, MJash, Notser and Flambass.

• Cool 2

[WOLF4]
Members
394 posts
17,281 battles

Get help from your clan if no one is there or very little try another clan. You can post in the clan forum section. Switch clans.  Watch videos on aiming, positioning, and playing in general. I use the modstation nomogram and like it, but takes some getting used to.  Take the person up and division with them. Learn the mechanics of the game better. Use your minimap. Play in coop and practice. Go to the training rooms. Everyone has losing streaks. Sometimes just need to take a break. I get 3 or 4 lost matches I at times turn the game off.

Look at all the other people posted and what they posted its all good.

I started this game and did alot of things wrong, to many to list. I could fill this page up with mistakes. My stats prolly will never recover from all the mistakes I made. I decided to make a change from being blown up and cannon fodder for someone else and I did. Am I great no, but I am not terrible either. (like I was).

Do not try to climb the tech tree to fast. (one of my mistakes of many)

Edited by Tim__2016
made mistake
  • Cool 1

Beta Testers
694 posts
3,697 battles

Maybe focus less on what some numbers on a page say and focus on playing the best you can with the ships you have. Be trying to get damage done to targets as that is what will get you money 

Members
663 posts
5,969 battles

@Jechill First of all, it’s not like you are a free player here, so any paid dispersion whatever would be for you as well with your 11 premium ships in port. Not that it exists. But that’s secondary from what I think I see.

Im willing to bet your problem is trying to force your ships to do things they can’t do/ a misunderstanding of engagement timing. A majority of your games are in BBs, and USN/KM BBs at that. I’m looking at 700 games in the Konig and 300 in the Colorado. This isn’t a case of the run down the line as fast as you can, but a case where you don’t seem to be learning something in your lower tier games.

There are a couple of things I would check for (as I don’t have a replay). First: you probably need to dial back the aggression. You have a 31% survival rate, which isn’t the worst, but it isn’t great. For example, I have a 44% survival rating mostly playing DDs/Cruisers and I do pretty well. Mindless aggression kills so many ships it’s not even funny. I know you are a BB guy, and that’s what you want to do, but in reality BB play is about timed aggression, not always forward throttle. Pretend your BB is a cruiser for a while. Take some shots from further back, pretend that your citadel is paper, and only move in when you know you can get out, or it’s the only option left. If you think you have that down, then start mixing it up. Don’t worry about the people harassing you for passive play. This is how you learn.

Second don’t go without a BB buddy in any game with a CV. Just hug them. We aren’t at the point where we can critique other players moves, so just be a part of the pack. 

[WOLF5]
Supertester
4,584 posts
4,223 battles
3 hours ago, Jechill said:

First thing is to admit you're probably the problem. While there are a few strong premiums, overall the game is very balanced and definitely not PTW. It may take you longer, but free gets you perfectly capable ships that are equal in every way to the premiums. You take a NO against any T8 BB and you're going to lose, premium or not. BBs counter cruisers.

Captains should be able to be upgraded for free. Yes it's a bit slow, but 19pt captains are a very nice thing and it's expected to take a bit to get there. The retraining is a bit much sometimes, but IMO that's the best use for doubloons.

Also, you're not a free to play player. You have a decent collection of premiums. So clearly you invest some money in the game. The doubloon equivalent of one ship is enough to retrain A LOT of captains, I suggest you try it. The reason you're not gaining that much XP is because you're not that good. And that's independent of captains and such. While I have a good collection of premiums now, my first year I was pretty much free to play, and I had no issues leveling up ships and captains and progressing up the lines. So it's a player skill issue here, not a rigged system. So, you can either ignore our advice, continue to believe the game is rigged against you, and leave. Or you can accept that you're lack of understanding of the game is what's causing your issues. If you do the latter, there are lots of people willing to help you out. But, you have to decided that you're going to work on improving.

First you're quite good in the CO. Why is that? You don't get a 56% WR over 300+ games by chance. What is it about the CO that works for you? What do you do? Then apply that to other BBs. I suggest you stick to one class of ship while you're working. I'd say BBs since that's what you're most comfortable with. Now moving up to the NC. You're terrible in it. Why? It's a better ship? Answer is likely tier difference. T8 is not T7. High tier is a different ballgame. And you're not really experienced up there. But apply the CO principles you learned. Positioning, angling, positioning, aiming, positioning, damage control and heal management, positioning...you get the idea. And practice. And when you die, don't give up. Think about what went wrong. What caused the death? This is the most useful thing I've done. Usually it's a bad positioning decision a few minutes earlier. Realize your mistake, thing about what you could have done differently. Learn from the mistake. Watch your replays and analyze them, see what could be done better. Those things really helped me improve. It will take a while, but you learn what works and what doesn't. BBs are all about positioning, map control, and setting up firing angles. See the big picture. Don't focus on a single ship, but look at the map, consider the caps, their team, your team, potential dangers, and figure out where you can position yourself to get the best shots on the enemy while preventing them from getting into a good position. This is hard and takes practice. But by trying, learning what doesn't work and trying again you'll get there.

You have a MA. That's a premium ship. Use it to train your NC/CO captain. I'd play those three ships using the tips I gave and others gave. Play a lot, learning from what you did, and you'll improve. If you have questions about things, ask. Ask nicely. The OP sets the tone of thread. If you rant against an OP ship, people won't take you seriously. Ask a polite question about something you don't understand and people will respond with really useful information. We can be incredibly unhelpful, or incredibly helpful, it really depends how the OP starts.

Someone suggested iChase's guide. Those are really good, I watch them myself. Definitely work through the series. Another excellent player is Flamu. He does Youtube vids, but catch his streams regularly if you can. He's salty for sure, but the best CC out there for learning overall gameplay strategy, and while he cusses and clowns a lot, he really wants people to learn. Just hanging out watching him (or any good CC play) and observing what they do and how they position will really help you learn basic strategies. Flamu might laugh at a dumb move, but he usually explains WHY it's a dumb move. I really suggest just closely watching high level gameplay, think why are they going there, what does that do for them? How would I play that? Watching and learning is a great way to get better.

Don't blame the team. Yes there are a lot of bad players out there. And often they throw a game. But the better team doesn't win, the least incompetent one does. It only takes a few good players to swing a match. So even good players blaming the team is a bit overblown. And you're by your own admission not a good player. Right now you're part of the team issue, so don't blame the team. 

If you want to improve you're going to have to put in some work. If you enjoy that challenge, good. Because by paying attention to what you're doing wrong, accepting you made mistakes and learning from them you will improve. Don't blame anyone else, don't play the victim. You can absolutely improve in WOWS without paying any more than you want to. But you're going to have to work for it. That's true regardless of your wallet size. High tier premiums don't make a bad player good, practice and understanding the game does.

• Cool 1

[FU8AR]
[FU8AR]
Members
6 posts
17,303 battles

maybe try the Training room you don't  get any XP  or Credits  but it won't cost you any camouflage, flags, consumables then you can pick the ship you want to go against if you get killed just leave the battle and you have your ship right back no waiting for it and you can keep the teams the same so you can find what works and doesn't so you can get consistent in your game play and its fun and don't worry about stats 

Members
505 posts
6,641 battles
4 hours ago, Slumlord_Dasboot said:

What helped me was changing to dynamic crosshair, that helped me alot. 

What he said....  Consistancy in the number of ticks lead you give based on the shell flight times makes aiming a habit. 

0 posts

OP, just the very fact you have come to the forum to ask for help is a good sign, +1

Plenty of good advice in this thread

1. work on imroiving your hit rate (accuracy) 
  2. set goals for dmg per battle, a reasonably accessible goal for you is to seek to do at least as much dmg as your ship is worth, go down fighting!
  3. set a goal to survive the battle, this is harder than the above, but it will mean you have a greater positive influence on the battle result

WR should increase quite steadiliy.

I am with you on the disadvantages faced by those who are exploring the game tech trees, and learning game mechanics, versus established veterans and those with fat wallets. The game can seem very unfair. Which will make the joy of succeeding, despite all, all the more savoury.

chin up/

[LSNB]
Members
1,636 posts
4,989 battles

OP, many of us here have learned that World of Warships is not really much of a sprint to Tier 10; rather, it's a marathon of constant improvement. You're not going to jump to 50% win-rate overnight. So, based on the recommendation of another captain in this thread, go back to the tiers you played before and learn to improve with patience. You might see that you have improved since you moved on from those tiers. I've personally gone back to play T5-7 when T8-10 became dull; I still love the dynamic play and sailing that happens in those tiers.

I'd also recommend reading up on guides; the WoWS wiki, Shipcomrade, and other WoWS forum guides are my personal go-to's, but Youtube guides could work as well. CC's like @Lord_Zath can help with tips and analysis if you send them replays. Clanmates can give advice and division, which can be a lot of fun when you're sharing your experiences with others. One of the reasons I improved so much is that I actively sought help and wanted to improve at the game.

I wish you good luck with the game, and, hopefully, we might see you sailing again.